CAGcast #165: Once Upon a Time Bullet

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:28 AM

Join us for impressions of Ghostbusters, Fight Night Round 4, and The Conduit. Cheapy recounts the time he met Michael Jackson and Wombat reveals the silliest comic book plot twist ever. Of course we also cover game shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and more!

Download - 104 minutes, 42MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photo
About 1 hour before AJ meltdown
Posted Image

Bonus Videos
Fight Night Round 4 - Down Goes Cheapy
Fight Night Round 4 - Cheapy Hits 'em When They're Down

Edited by CheapyD, 02 July 2009 - 05:39 AM.

#2 War Art

War Art

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

Nice, downloading now!

#3 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:47 AM

either these are going up too frequently or time is flying. I felt like i just listened to last weeks

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4 2Shea

2Shea

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

Woo! Can't wait to listen :D

2Shea.me (Personal Blog) - AllFiction (Anime/Manga/Etc. Website) - Steam (Steam Community Profile)

#5 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:55 AM

Girl talk!

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

If you go to Australia, Cheapy, remember to watch out for bats in the Brittanical Gardens (I think that's what they're called). No joke.

With the PS3 slim, it'll probably be like what we saw with the elimination of the 60gb model going to $500 with the 80gb being $600. The slim will be $400 and the fat PS3's will be $300 until they're gone. That's my prediction. If the slim becomes $300, it won't be until God of War 3 hits.

I'm also wondering why Cheapy thinks a game can't come along and control better than something that came out nearly 2 years ago (Conduit vs. Metroid Prime 3 here). I'm guessing you think Goldeneye on the N64 controls a lot better than Call of Duty 4 then. I'm not saying Conduit controls better than Metroid Prime 3 because I can't compare, but the argument of saying nothing better can come along is laughable.

Edited by KingBroly, 02 July 2009 - 01:18 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

you mentioned you played trine at e3 or whatever. did you play the ps3 version? if so, how were the controllers?

#8 HarassmentPanda

HarassmentPanda

rockin' the dills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Looking forward to it!

#9 feobahamutz

feobahamutz

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:19 AM

Pumped for a new Cagcast, too bad dl speed sucks

#10 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

Nice! Will listen once I go home from work.. aka the Bunker

#11 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

Wow! For some reason I thought this was coming Thursday. I am now a very happy panda.

EDIT: It's been a rough week...

Edited by JMEPO, 02 July 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#12 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:58 AM

cool, listening tomorrow

#13 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

If I guess the title right than I agree with Wombat's feelings on Cap Reborn. It's like Brubaker (normally a fantastic writer) got stupid drunk and shat out a comic script for the most important series of his career. Not to mention Brian Hitch's art being rushed out, it looks very unpolished and blah. Can't wait to listen though.

#14 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

Pumped for a new Cagcast, too bad dl speed sucks

I'm getting a steady 350kb/s

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

LMAO @ the Michael Jackson story. Thanks for sharing that.

dizeeStL.png

#16 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

You sure her boss didn't say "I'll have to lay you, or Jack, off."?

#17 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

I didn't forget to download the CAGcast this week. Listening now, woo!

#18 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

Can't wait to listen it!
Posted Image

#19 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

"Michael Jackson Hotel Experience: The CheapyD Edition" would have been a better podcast title.

What a coincidence. Customers who buy the BCFX also bought The Essential Michael Jackson http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B00283VUF6

Posted Image

#20 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

^^LOL

Anyway, we haven't had a CAG Foreplay in a long ass time. I understand Mrs Ship is busy with her doctoring and whatnot but... I think you guys need to bite the bullet and finally make Ship a full time member of the show. At least until Foreplay gets back on track... if ever.

11317.png

#21 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

Oh please. Most comics are too stupid for words. Wolverine's real name is "James Howlett"!?!? I'm a huge comic fan, and I spend PLENTY per month on comics, but I drop the ones that insult me for reading. Stopped Avengers and X-Men back in the 90s. I am glad I haven't picked up Captain America since before the REBORN debacle.

#22 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

I went to junior high and high school with Scarlet Johanson's older sister, she has big cans too. this was in Manhattan though so I dunno if they're from long island or not.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#23 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Cheapy, you should go to hawaii for your vacation. It's a good halfway point for you and your parents. And all the different islands have different stuff to do depending on your mood.

#24 Syraxis

Syraxis

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

Going on vacation? Look into the Virgin Islands for an all inclusive trip. I'm doing this in August for five days, the total cost for three adults was around $5,300.

#25 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

I lol'd at Wombat's Bill Cosby impression :lol: Great show as always guys! (Perhaps mention that BlazBlue is not available in the UK next show? ;))
Posted Image
Give me an internet please!

Follow me on Twitter! | Be my friend on Last.FM!

Feel free to add me on XBL and PSN!

#26 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

If I guess the title right than I agree with Wombat's feelings on Cap Reborn. It's like Brubaker (normally a fantastic writer) got stupid drunk and shat out a comic script for the most important series of his career. Not to mention Brian Hitch's art being rushed out, it looks very unpolished and blah. Can't wait to listen though.

Whenever the big superhero universes do some big change, it always goes back at some point. I think DC handles this better than Marvel. They were long and convoluted (The Return of Superman, Knightquest, Green Lantern Rebirth) but they made sense in a comic book universe. Marvel comes up with these awful dues ex machina things like Spider-Man Brand New Day and this Cap nonsense.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled videogame podcast.

#27 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Some questions on Wombat's Conduit mini-review:

I'll start off by saying I don't own a Wii. However, this shouldn't be a factor in this. Cheapy mentioned earlier that console-specific games like inFamous may get a "boost" when they get reviewed, due to hype and exclusivity of the game. Could Wombat be doing this with the Conduit review? It overall seems fairly generic. What if The Conduit was released on the PS2 (taking graphics and possibilities out of the question), would it be more enjoyable on a controller you're more familiar with? Or would the game's flaws or lack of creation stand out more when the "Wii exclusive" brand is taken out of the question?

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#28 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey, Wombat. I believe there is a program out there to take songs from your iPod and load them onto your PC/laptop.

You were worried about losing stuff saved on your iPod.

#29 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

im a little taken aback with Cheapy's suggestion that the Wii is incapable of doing voiceovers in cutscenes. I mean, really? -Though: developers are to blame for this as well. I see many of them CLAIMING their games suck because of the Wii's limits, when it's clear that many of these games aren't even hitting PS2 quality graphical effects or gameplay. In no way am I claiming that the Wii is as capable as a 360 or PS3, but surely it can outdo the PS2: hell... pick a big name Gamecube title up and throw it in and THEY outdo the PS2.. so come on dev's.. put some effort into it.

BTW I'm not defending the Conduit at all.. I haven't played it and every bit of media I've seen for it makes it look like nothing more than a cookie cutter shooter that just pulls some elements from every successful game in the genre and throws them in a pot.

And one final comment... I don't see how anyone can argue that the Wii can't do FPS controls well. The pointing ability of the Wiimote makes it second only to a mouse in terms of control and thumbsticks just can't match that. Though, again, this is dependent on the developers taking pride in their product and doing it right... only a few have so far.

meh.. whatever.. good show!

#30 gordiet

gordiet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

LOVED the Michael Jackson story!