83 replies to this topic

#1 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:13 AM

Update: Now $56.99/$46.99

http://www.amazon.co...47188025&sr=8-1

Looks like it's available no matter what version you decide to buy.

This offer applies to the qualifying purchases made before 11:59 p.m. PT on 8/13/2009 on Madden NFL 10

The redemption instructions for your $10 Amazon.com gift card will be sent via email within 10 business days from when the promotion ends, provided you have not canceled your order or returned the item(s)

One per household.

EDIT: ECA codes are now up and running again.

Edited by CheapyD, 12 July 2009 - 01:25 PM.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#2 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

Good deal, I hadn't seen this yet but had already been planning on using the 50% off coupon from the trade-in deal to get Madden. Sweet gets sweeter. :)

#3 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:22 AM

Good deal, I hadn't seen this yet but had already been planning on using the 50% off coupon from the trade-in deal to get Madden. Sweet gets sweeter. :)

Nice that is a pretty sweet deal:applause:. I'm still wondering if I should pick up NCAA as well.

#4 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

Do you get the $10 GC if you've ALREADY pre-ordered it?

#5 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:42 AM

Typically you do unless the terms and conditions specific a promotional period with a beginning date and an ending date.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#6 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

So once again my willpower will be put to the test over whether or not to get Madden. I really liked last year's edition, put about 12 or so full seasons into a franchise. If I get the football jones again I'll probably just pick that one back up. Or so I tell myself now.

33126.png

#7 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

The terms definitely include existing preorders. As usually, I'm saving a copy of the terms in case I don't receive the gift card.

#8 jhaymond1

jhaymond1

is cooler than you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

Pre-ordered at GS and Amazon. Net the $10 and return Amazon copy to GS.

Posted Image

#9 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

ECA (working again) codes and this is enough for me to bite.

#10 ejh1820

ejh1820

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

Sounds great....thanks.

#11 imfromwisconsin

imfromwisconsin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

So once again my willpower will be put to the test over whether or not to get Madden. I really liked last year's edition, put about 12 or so full seasons into a franchise. If I get the football jones again I'll probably just pick that one back up. Or so I tell myself now.

That's interesting. I thought Madden 09 was horrible; the AI was ridiculously dumb, especially on offense (read: HB/FB's that run lateral even though there is a huge opening).

I really want to get a GOOD football game. Guess I won't be buying Madden since they own the exclusive rights for NFL.

Good deal though, with this + ECA.
Ryan // "Sharing is caring."

#12 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

I am going to try to resist this year.
Nothing fell faster then the price of Madden 09 last year.
I think the Xbox version of the CE was like $40 at Target within weeks.
Posted Image

#13 bones56

bones56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

So once again my willpower will be put to the test over whether or not to get Madden.

Yes me too, However last years was slightly improved IMO I still feel there is a long way for it to go. Well anyway the debate continues, this offer is going until release chances are i will grab it but we will see.

Edited by bones56, 10 July 2009 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Last year I bought it... but traded it in shortly after. Most say it was much improved from 08. Really Madden has been the best game around (only) for a while.There were major missteps in this GEN but they have created the top football game around and they have surpassed 2K5 in many years. This deal is great just wonder if ECA is worth it for me? I guess with an eye set towards the CAG most holy day (Black friday) This could prove useful.

#15 yankeesfan330

yankeesfan330

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

I've been looking for some kind of promotion on Madden 10. So far, besides GameStop's 2-day shipping, this is the best. Shipping doesn't help when you're going to pick it up at the store. :(
Looks like I'll preorder this sometime soon. Maybe I'll wait for some kind of promotion from Best Buy.

#16 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

In true cheapass fashion, I think I'm going to get NFL 2k5 at EB for $.50 on Monday and not buy another football game again. :lol:

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#17 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Anyone else getting this message when using the ECA Codes?

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

I did but it was only because I tried to use it on 360 version of NCAA 10 and then the PS3 version of the game. At that point it wouldn't let me use it on the PS3 version.

#19 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Did you already place an order earlier today? This is covered in the ECA thread.

#20 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

I just so not into Madden anymore...
[cp][/cp]

#21 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

I just so not into Madden anymore...

If the online franchise is solid then I will be playing this alot.

#22 captainfrizo

captainfrizo

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Between the ECA discount and now the giftcard Madden and Amazon take my money yet again.

#23 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

I haven't bought a Madden Game since 2003.

#24 tylerdurden689

tylerdurden689

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:32 AM

I have bought it every year since the very beginning (Sega Genesis) days, so it seems like this is a good deal 46.99 after you get the 10 GC.

#25 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

I preordered it, but before it dropped down to $57.

#26 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

I preordered it, but before it dropped down to $57.

New price was already reflected in my pre-order when I checked it this morning, even with the ECA discount.

#27 Nightfall

Nightfall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:45 AM

Sorry to bump this thread. The deal is still alive though, so I hope nobody gets pissed about it.

Now, I noticed they're not offering release date delivery on this. Does anyone know when I should expect the game to show up if I chose overnight shipping? I haven't ordered a new release from Amazon in quite some time, so I'd like to know what to expect.

#28 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:08 AM

Sorry to bump this thread. The deal is still alive though, so I hope nobody gets pissed about it.

Now, I noticed they're not offering release date delivery on this. Does anyone know when I should expect the game to show up if I chose overnight shipping? I haven't ordered a new release from Amazon in quite some time, so I'd like to know what to expect.

I actually sent an email to Amazon about this because the game is on their Release Date Delivery games list. I'll post once I hear from them.
Posted Image

#29 hall31

hall31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Games have usually arrived on their release date in my case if overnight has been selected, so I think you'll get it on day 1 with this option as well.

I've also contacted Amazon regarding the "Release-date Delivery" and recieved this as a response:

"Hello from Amazon.com.
I'm sorry to learn that you are unable to place the order using Release-Date Delivery shipping option.
I've checked the product detail page of this item "Madden NFL 10" on Amazon.com, and it appears the item is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery shipping option.
We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.
At this time, I can only suggest that you check back on Amazon.com at a later time."

I've responded with a link to their "Release-date delivery" sub-category, so they can hopefully figure this all out. I'll let you all know if I have any luck so you can follow-up with them if needed.

#30 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

Wait when did they take off release date delivery for this? I paid for that 2 weeks ago when I ordered it.

Edit: Just checked my order from July 31 and release date delivery is on there with the estimated delivery date of the 14th. Maybe they're out of copies to have release date delivery for?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png