• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 highwaypatrolman

highwaypatrolman

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:03 AM

[Dead] New Play Control! Pikmin (Wii) $14.98

http://www.amazon.co...392R8NYSX9M3B9D

Reviews: http://www.metacriti...pikmin?q=pikmin

Edited by highwaypatrolman, 12 July 2009 - 10:40 PM.
Updated title/post to reflect the deal being dead.

Posted Image

#2 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:09 AM

:-k

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#3 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

I have my "one use" or whatever the deal is with the ECA codes in my cart, not sure if I want to burn it on this and hope ECA fixes the issues or what.

argh... if I knew I could use more codes I'd be much more likely to jump on this, but knowing I probably have 1 shot to use it in the next week (?) it's scary.

How does it play, if you already have Pikmin for the GC? I'm not sure it's worth ANY money, really, to just get Wii controls as I don't remember the original game being hard to play/control really.. (Although it's been a looong time since I dusted it off!)

#4 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

You can't play this with normal controls?

Also, if not, are the new controls good? I'm actually thinking about this because I had a close to launch GC, but never played it.

Posted Image

#5 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:25 AM

You can't play this with normal controls?

Also, if not, are the new controls good? I'm actually thinking about this because I had a close to launch GC, but never played it.

No, it does not work with normal controls.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 July 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#6 Ozium

Ozium

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

Fuck me.. I already own it on GCN but I'm a sucker for PIKMIN that I'm gonna do it! I heard they changed some things up in this version too...

#7 sylvia61

sylvia61

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

A good deal but, like the Cube versions, Play Control Pikmin 2 is the better game. I'm waiting for that to hit North America.

#8 pablo9000

pablo9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

this is tempting

#9 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

If you'd played Pikmin, you'd know that the Wii was practically made for it. It definitely controls well, it's pretty much an RTS.

This is REALLY tempting, but I don't actually own a Wii yet, and I figure I can get it for cheaper than $15 when the time comes. I need the money more right now.

#10 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

The new controls are a lateral move. They work fine but not markedly better than GCN controls. Hell of a deal to be sure. I wish we would get word on Pikmin 2.

#11 Staticbill

Staticbill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for posting OP. I think I'll have to buy this! Great price, and i've never played Pikmin before so this is the perfect time.

#12 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

Did they take out the time limit in the game or is it exactly like the GCN game only with Wii controls?

#13 homerojay

homerojay

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

Did they take out the time limit in the game or is it exactly like the GCN game only with Wii controls?

The time limit is still in the game - pretty much the same game.
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

#14 vherub

vherub

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

The new controls are a lateral move. They work fine but not markedly better than GCN controls. Hell of a deal to be sure. I wish we would get word on Pikmin 2.

Agreed, if you haven't played pikmin, it's a solid game. Having played 1 and 2, I'd rather replay the 2nd with new controls.

#15 Kcdragon8116

Kcdragon8116

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Man, I wasn't going to buy this game but at $15 it is a steal. What are some good filler games to get the free shipping?

#16 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

I may pick wii version. ALready owned both 1 & 2 on GC :)
"Evil is Funs"

#17 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

in for one, maybe this will get me to turn my wii on
Posted Image

#18 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

the controls work well enough, but i'm not convinced that they are better. having pointer control is definitely better, but i think i liked controlling a line of pikmin with the gamecube controller more when navigating them through a complex area.

i'd say that you basically break even with the controls. the real bonus is the widescreen support. i'd probably rebuy most of my gamecube collection (it's not that big) if they released a wii version with widescreen support.

also, remember to invert the cover art once you get it.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#19 gaxur

gaxur

WANT TO SLEEP FOR (5678)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Damn, one month after I bite at $30 for the club nintendo points. Only way to make this up would be the Zapper falling to $5. Oh well.
Analog TV: Now with even less nothing to watch!

#20 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

Very tempting...if I didn't just order a bunch of Sanwa parts I'd probably bite.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#21 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

I had to pounce because...I've...never played a Pikmin game before. Oh, the shame, Will, THE SHAMMME!

I guess this admission officially gets me branded as a CAP (CheapAss Poseur), hunh?
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#22 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

dammit... i just ordered it.

I've heard so many good things about it and i love these types of games.

Thanks (for nothing!) OP.

#23 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

It's very tempting, but I don't see myself playing it anytime soon with my renewed interested in the PSP. Can't really afford to buy things that will just sit around, even when it's a good deal. :cry:

#24 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'm waiting for Pikmin 2. It didn't limit you to the number of "in world" days you had to finish the game.

#25 staindklown

staindklown

I Like Pie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

Thanks OP, I love the pikmin games and for $15 I think it's a great deal (even though I own the GCN version), plus you get club nintendo points so that's cool too.
"Now I'm getting greedy. I want more followers. Like a cult. We'll have an outfit that identfiies us, and everyone gets to be the Pope." - Nathan Fillion (Twitter)

#26 XeroZohar

XeroZohar

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Never played Pikmin, so I'm all over this.

#27 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Pikmin works WONDERFULLY with the Wii controls. In fact, the old gamecube controls were kinda wonky and the Wii controls are completely natural.

That said, I think Pikmin is kinda overrated. It gets boring later on as the combat is emphasized, and Pikmin has awful combat.

One of the main benefits Pikmin for Wii has is that the game keeps saves for each day. If you wish, you can "rewind" your save as far back as you want to go. You'll lose current progress, but it can let you take another swing at it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#28 metallica81823

metallica81823

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

Thanks OP I was looking for a good deal for this game. Now just need to find another game to get free shipping 8-)

#29 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hm, tempted to get it, but I have a huge backlog atm and I don't know what to get as a filler

#30 SteevL

SteevL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

I've always wanted to try this game, so I jumped on this deal. Thanks!