• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MrGone

MrGone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Somebody loves us.

Same caveats as usual: gold membership required, no standard currency allowed.

edit: Source! http://majornelson.c...ek-ikaruga.aspx
N+ is still showing up as the weekly deal in the dashboard Spotlight at the time of this post, but Ikaruga is discounted if you navigate to it.

#2 Afrodiziak

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

Excellent! Bought N+ last week and now I'm getting all over this. Great deals this month.

#3 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

It's a good deal but I don't know if I can bring myself to pay $5 for a game that could possibly cause me to smash a controller on the ground.

#4 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

It's a good deal but I don't know if I can bring myself to pay $5 for a game that could possibly cause me to smash a controller on the ground.

Unless you get frustrated really easily, Ikaruga is actually not quite as bad as some other games. You can gradually earn unlimited continues, and you'll probably find yourself getting further each time you play through. It's up to you, but for five bucks, I wouldn't think twice if I didn't already own it.

#5 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

Completely different for me. I can't justify spending 50 (ie Gold) to save 5 bucks. :p

Come onnnnnnn, Amazon.ca digital download sale!

#6 ejamer

ejamer

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

... It's up to you, but for five bucks, I wouldn't think twice if I didn't already own it.

For $5, I'd wouldn't think twice period. It's worthwhile just to have Ikaruga always available without needing to use a disc.

Also, the upgrades for the XBLA version aren't major but are worth the cash IMO.

#7 Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

I am a bit torn on this one. I don't usually go for these kind of shooters but I will try the demo.

#8 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hmm, I sold my Gamecube copy a while ago, with the intention of buying it on XBLA eventually. Now may be the perfect time!