Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition (360/PS3) $125 w/Free Ship at Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

Amazon had the Xbox 360 version for $135 last week. Buy.com has both versions on sale for $125.

:360: Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition $124.99
:ps3: Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition $124.99

Edited by CheapyD, 21 July 2009 - 02:41 PM.

#2 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks Cheapy. Wouldn't mind having a 360 stick as well...

#3 rmb

rmb

old enough to be your dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

Looks like supply has caught up with demand. Now the inevitable plunge in price. This actually may be the best price we see on this stick without coupon or other offers.

Buy one jughead you won't be dissappointed in this stick!

#4 apocrypha

apocrypha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

I am grabbnig a 360 TE FS, I wanted a PS3 one but I guess it doesn't work with the PS2 BC. I am hoping this stick is all its cracked up to be and not another eventually nonworking madcatz product.
Thanks for the heads up as always Cheapy
1x4x9

#5 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

hmm... I didn't know the 360 TE wasn't PS2 BC. I'm glad I have a HRAP3 for PS3. Now... I wonder if my custom stick works with PS2 games?

#6 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

It's $120 with ECA. I wouldn't have ordered it straight from capcom a few weeks ago had I known amazon and other places would be getting it back in stock.

#7 danny8k

danny8k

for(;;) printf("^_^");

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

I wish I had space to buy one (I guess 2 sticks are enough ^^).......very good deal
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

I am grabbnig a 360 TE FS, I wanted a PS3 one but I guess it doesn't work with the PS2 BC. I am hoping this stick is all its cracked up to be and not another eventually nonworking madcatz product.

This stick is all kinds of awesome. I have one for my 360 and have had no problems whatsoever. You can thank MarkMan for making this thing for MadCatz, and slightly turning their company image around. MadCatz'll need more than this, but its a good start.

#9 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Makes me wish I had waited another two months; who knew it would plummet this fast?

#10 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Dang, it doesn't work with PS2/1 games? That was the main reason I was interested in it (for now), my PS1 games.

I've heard both versions work with the PC though which is cool, but...I still don't know which version to get, and am ticked they couldn't have one that works for all three platforms instead of just 2 out of 3.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#11 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

Someone good with math add CA tax % on that for me ;p

Tracidic.png

#12 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

Dang, it doesn't work with PS2/1 games? That was the main reason I was interested in it (for now), my PS1 games.

I've heard both versions work with the PC though which is cool, but...I still don't know which version to get, and am ticked they couldn't have one that works for all three platforms instead of just 2 out of 3.

I second that frustration. I really wanted the BlazBlue PS3 version but had committed to making my 360 the fighting game system simply because of achievements.

If I had to do it over again I'd probably go PS3 because of the Blu Ray extras and also because I keep hearing the PS3 fighting community is bigger and will outlast the 360 one.

#13 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

I hope amazon matches this. I'm waiting to use my 50% coupon.

#14 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

i would love this stick, but i really don't have the money now. so tempting
Posted Image

#15 postulio

postulio

member since 2004

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

i believe the ps3 stick work with ps1/2 games as long as you play them on the ps3. but the stick itself cannot be used on a ps1/2.

i have the 360 one. seeing this i guess i shouldve waited, i barely used mine and got it on release day. it is a great stick although i prefer american style stick over japanese. the 360 stick works great with original xbox games as well as PC.

#16 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

That one person was saying it doesn't work with PS2 backwards compatibility though :-/

Are American sticks the...I don't know how you say it, like the tapered versus "ball" sticks? I like the tapered ones more, I guess.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#17 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

That one person was saying it doesn't work with PS2 backwards compatibility though :-/

Are American sticks the...I don't know how you say it, like the tapered versus "ball" sticks? I like the tapered ones more, I guess.

well you can always swap out the stick. I thought the TE sticks were a bit more modular in design and friendlier towards customizers.

#18 YONKE

YONKE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

i already have one and is awesome........wish i have money for a second one........
Posted Image

#19 thadwhit

thadwhit

Cheap Shit Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

I really want a second stick. I wonder if they will go even lower, or if they are actually somewhat limited. I don't expect any fighting game to have the stick impact that SFIV did, so maybe these will start showing up for $99 in a few months.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 hoi1ma

hoi1ma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

i was able to use te stick on ps1/2 games on my ps3, you can too but for ps2 games, only if your ps3 runs ps2 game. where did you get the info that you can't? i will proceed to verifying te stick compatibility with ps1/2 games later today.
madcatz te stick is nonworking for street fighter alpha anthology for ps2 when i tried it on my ps3. it doesnt accept it and said that no dualshock 2 is connected. i just test the te stick with a random ps1 game and and it works.
but if you want a stick that works for ps2 games, hori fightstick is the way to go. I just tested that hori fightstick on my ps3.

Edited by hoi1ma, 21 July 2009 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

Waiting for Amazon to match since i'd rather not pay tax.

#22 HyperD

HyperD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

the hori fighting stick 3 isn't a bad stick for the price, but if you want a solidly performing stick that is BC with PS2 I'd suggest you go with a RAP1/2 and a PS2-PS3 converter. If the parts don't really matter to you, I would even go with an old school namco arcade stick. There's a reason why it was the best joystick before arcade parts were introduced into the home market.

Thankfully with the release of the newer sticks, the value of ithas decreased. It used to go for about $70-80 used.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/A...15|293:1|294:50

#23 locampo

locampo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

I had just bought a TE stick this morning from amazon because I recieved my 50% coupon last night. After seeing this I immediately canceled my order. If my math is correct, amazon matching this price would make the stick free with 50%, ECA, and Part of my trade in. What do you all think the chances are that they will actually match it though? the 50% coupon lasts till august 31st, but the ECA codes stop working 7/31. I really dont want to risk not getting the $15 off from ECA because I waited.
Posted Image

#24 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

I had just bought a TE stick this morning from amazon because I recieved my 50% coupon last night. After seeing this I immediately canceled my order. If my math is correct, amazon matching this price would make the stick free with 50%, ECA, and Part of my trade in. What do you all think the chances are that they will actually match it though? the 50% coupon lasts till august 31st, but the ECA codes stop working 7/31. I really dont want to risk not getting the $15 off from ECA because I waited.

I'm waiting to do the same, but are the ECA codes really expiring 7/31?

#25 BigFishCarl

BigFishCarl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

Yeah I was a click away from paying 119.99 after ECA from buy then saw that 7-9 days shipping. Hope amazon price matches soon so that I can use my amazon prime.

#26 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

So what's this 50% off Amazon coupon and how can I get one?

#27 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

So what's this 50% off Amazon coupon and how can I get one?

Easy...

1. Ask Doc Brown if you can borrow his DeLorean.
2. Drive 88 MPH.
3. Go back in time a couple weeks ago.
4. Trade in $50 or more in video games in Amazon's trade-in store.
5. Receive 50% off coupon.

#28 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

I thought the current batch of ECA codes expired on 9/30?

#29 BigFishCarl

BigFishCarl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Easy...

1. Ask Doc Brown if you can borrow his DeLorean.
2. Drive 88 MPH.
3. Go back in time a couple weeks ago.
4. Trade in $50 or more in video games in Amazon's trade-in store.
5. Receive 50% off coupon.

lmao

#30 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

this or amazon? which to choose.

Best online trading website currently in my opinion.  Trust me I'm a CAG.

Banner2.png