Photo
- - - - -

Uncharted 2 (PS3) - Preorder Bonuses/details (shipping: October 13th)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 danny8k

danny8k

for(;;) printf("^_^");

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

Sony just announced the release date (SHIPPING October 13th) and preorder bonuses depending on different stores:

• Amazon.com - Exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map.
    The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover all the hidden treasures throughout the game.
http://www.amazon.co...48192964&sr=8-1

• Game Crazy - Exclusive Currency Multiplier for multiplayer online use.
    The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.
http://www.gamecrazy...id=14107&LF=STL

• GameStop - Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
    The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=73462

• Best Buy - Golden Guns for multiplayer mode ^^:
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218057381930

Posted Image

AK-47:
Posted Image

Edited by danny8k, 21 July 2009 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Preordered it from Amazon for $48 shipped after goldbox and ECA discount. Also, the treasure map is the only thing that interests me as I hated the multiplayer in the beta, all everyone did was spawn camp. Co-op is awesome though.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#3 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Awesome.For some reason I just assumed this would be a November game. This definitely makes me happy.

#4 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Already got my copy pre-ordered from Amazon. Recently finished the first game, looking forward to playing this one :D
Posted Image

#5 imfromwisconsin

imfromwisconsin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

Does GameCrazy hand out the pre-order cards similar to how GameStop is supposed to? What about Best Buy?

I'm assuming you could essentially pre-order at GameStop, GameCrazy & Best Buy and get all 3 of the pre-order codes, then cancel the pre-order?

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong about pre-ordering Uncharted 2 and getting the $10 off a future game -- it's not on the list for some reason, even though there is a link from their pre-order page.

Side note, looks like Best Buy has a similar offer with $10 off a future Video Game purchase ($29.99 or higher) when you pre-order Uncharted 2 or others. Best Buy Pre-Order Offer - $10 off future game
Ryan // "Sharing is caring."

#6 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

Lol so ridiculous on pre-order bonuses everywhere. It makes me want to strangle companies. Not that this isn't in their interests, but it certainly isn't in mine.

#7 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

october 13?

i hope thats right on time for the toysrus b2g1 free sale since none of the pre-order bonuses are that enticing

#8 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Nice list, thanks. I already pre-ordered from Amazon since it's the cheapest. I guess the map will be the most useful for me right away since I plan to finish the MP campaign completely before jumping into MP.

Hopefully there won't be any annoying MP trophies... NEED THAT PLAT!

#9 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

Meh, will wait on a Black Friday deal. Never played the first and I prefer my 'Tomb Raiders' female and in black. ;)

#10 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

Gonna try and see if this randomly appears in my Gold Box... But yeah, Amazon definitely seems like the way to go.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#11 Blahblex

Blahblex

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

What garbage. Loved the first but I HATE pre-order in-game asset bonuses. Give me something tangible, like a figurine or some sort of memorabilia.

#12 mdmola

mdmola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

If I preorder this from Amazon, is it very likely that I receive the game on the 13th?

#13 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Is that the official cover art?

#14 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

I got it $48 with Gold Box + ECA as well.

I hope Uncharted 1 drops soon. I'd like to play/beat that one before I get 2. At the moment it's $56.99... $48 with ECA. I don't want the Greatest Hits version though so I'm not sure when to bite.

#15 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

The Amazon bonus is the most useful, but i don't think it's a cloth kind of map. It says "video" :-s

#16 DaGrandMastah

DaGrandMastah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

Lol so ridiculous on pre-order bonuses everywhere. It makes me want to strangle companies. Not that this isn't in their interests, but it certainly isn't in mine.

Why? We never used to get them before so how is it not in your best interests to get them now? Seriously, I don't understand people sometimes. They're giving away something for free....if you don't care about that stuff then why does it matter what place you order from? It's not like they increased the price and supplemented with a "freebie".

#17 DaGrandMastah

DaGrandMastah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

october 13?

i hope thats right on time for the toysrus b2g1 free sale since none of the pre-order bonuses are that enticing

There's going to be a b2g1 free sale?

#18 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

Preordered it from Amazon for $48 shipped after goldbox and ECA discount. Also, the treasure map is the only thing that interests me as I hated the multiplayer in the beta, all everyone did was spawn camp. Co-op is awesome though.

It's a beta for a reason, it's more than likely that the final game is fine tuned to fix the problems in the beta

#19 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

I think the Amazon one is the least useful since you'll be able to find that info for free all of the internet after release.

You can sell some of the other bonuses if you don't want it.

#20 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

i had it in my gold box too, but i didn't want it. But now they are offering a treasure map, damn i regret not getting it then.

Best online trading website currently in my opinion.  Trust me I'm a CAG.

Banner2.png

#21 courtneydorsett

courtneydorsett

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

How does one take advantage of the Amazon Gold box and ECA discounts?

#22 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

I'll just wait a month or so for it to pop up used and get it for $50 or less.

#23 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Why? We never used to get them before so how is it not in your best interests to get them now? Seriously, I don't understand people sometimes. They're giving away something for free....if you don't care about that stuff then why does it matter what place you order from? It's not like they increased the price and supplemented with a "freebie".

The same reason why it's annoying that to get alternate costumes in SFIV, you pay money. Pre-order bonus? Why not just let someone have access to them all, or if you're gonna have like a game map, figurine and bag or something as different bonuses, be one big special edition. We never had them before is BS, because years ago if you got something with a game, you just GOT IT. I do care about "the stuff", and it'd be nice not to have to pick and choose and be forced to pre-order the game.

#24 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

There's going to be a b2g1 free sale?

theres been one for the past two years. last year, i think it was during mid-october. i hear its their way of making room for all the holiday releases.

hopefully toysrus has it again, so i can pick up uncharted from there.

#25 CloverField06

CloverField06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

This there going to be a collectors edition?

#26 dreamer2050

dreamer2050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

i have 95 dolalrs best buy gift card and thats the only money i am spending for games this year.have to get uncharted from best buy hope they have good deal.dont want to spend 62 for a game though

#27 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

theres been one for the past two years. last year, i think it was during mid-october. i hear its their way of making room for all the holiday releases.

hopefully toysrus has it again, so i can pick up uncharted from there.

There's been a B2G1F sale at TRU every year since I've joined CAG, as far as I remember. It's a great sale but there's always 2 problems:
1. The sale happens just before the major holiday season releases (i.e., November) since they're doing it to clear up more space so there's a good chance you'll have most of the big releases already.
2. TRU is notoriously bad for getting new releases long after the release date so you could go in thinking about picking up a certain game and instead find out that they don't have it yet.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#28 danny8k

danny8k

for(;;) printf("^_^");

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Is that the official cover art?

yes, that's the official cover they announced today
Posted Image Posted Image

#29 bleak

bleak

Cletus Van Damme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:56 AM

i had it in my gold box too, but i didn't want it. But now they are offering a treasure map, damn i regret not getting it then.

lol

#30 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

That's a pretty weak bonus from Amazon... I mean, seriously, a video? I'm not a big fan of digital content but I would gladly take the golden guns than a video.

Oh well, doesn't really bother me since I'm getting it for roughly $15 cheaper from Amazon when compared to other stores.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist