• Please log in to reply
820 replies to this topic

#1 ejh1820

ejh1820

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

[URL="http://gamestaq.com/"]Gamestaq.com[/URL] has infamous:
Buy used or Trade in for $35
http://www.gamestaq....3/infamous.html

Edited by ejh1820, 24 August 2009 - 04:13 PM.
forgot link

#2 hockeyfun66@

hockeyfun66@

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

Price just changed to $35, www.gamestaq.com

#3 dimeadz

dimeadz

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

How are they making any money, i am wondering? Entering your credit card number when your selling is stupid. Has anyone had any transactions with them?
Excuses are the nails in the house of failure.

#4 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

How are they making any money, i am wondering? Entering your credit card number when your selling is stupid. Has anyone had any transactions with them?

It may be a marketing hook. They likely figure they'll get people trading in more stuff they can make a profit on or buy more games that they'll also make a pricing on. Sort of dumb reasoning, but eh.
Posted Image

#5 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

Check their FAQ, they charge the seller and buyer a certain amount each to deal through the site. ($2 in this case)

#6 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Gamestaq.com has infamous:
Buy used or Trade in for $35
http://www.gamestaq....3/infamous.html

Is this your store? :)

#7 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

pretty cool idea, actually. they are a low-impact middleman. they set the price for both buyer and seller. $1.50 for shipping to buyer, and they provide a shipping label for free to seller. condition must be playable, manual optional.

all in all, a pretty cool idea. hopefully it works out for them.

#8 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

pretty cool idea, actually. they are a low-impact middleman. they set the price for both buyer and seller. $1.50 for shipping to buyer, and they provide a shipping label for free to seller. condition must be playable, manual optional.

all in all, a pretty cool idea. hopefully it works out for them.

"Them" or you? 2 noobs (joined July 09) promoting. Isn't CheapyD has to gives permission on this kind of posting - self promoting?

Cool Idea indeed, have you heard about goozex?

Edited by gi60, 21 July 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#9 flooty333

flooty333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Actually I am one of the founders of the site. Not sure who the others guys are but I'm happy to see some users like our new take on game trading. I can answer any questions you guys may have, though I am not allowed to promote as gi60 pointed out.

#10 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:35 AM

I wish you had an option to select if you had to have the manual and everything.

#11 ejh1820

ejh1820

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

I actually have already done a transaction with them.....sold Prototype last week and got paid right away to my paypal account....smooth...no complaints so far.....gonna try to buy a game this week.

#12 SleepDebt

SleepDebt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:50 AM

I wish you had an option to select if you had to have the manual and everything.

This is definitely an option I would like to see

#13 BigDicPlumaChik

BigDicPlumaChik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

i think its an awesome concept.. i was looking around the site and it will be great once they add all the games. Im def going to give it a try
Posted Image

#14 flooty333

flooty333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:35 AM

When we were putting together the rules for selling, we wanted to do 2 things:
1) Make the process as easy as possible for the seller.
2) Put measures in place to make sure the buyer gets what he wants.

So, to find an even ground between the 2, we said that for sure the seller needs to ship with original box... but we didnt want to go as far as saying he also MUST have the original manual.

We did decide to add it as an option, but as we were implementing the site we realized that it would make things too complicated to add different options for every game like manual, quality, game box, etc...
So to keep things as simple as possible we went with one standard for everyone.

Not everyone will be happy... but that's usually impossible to achieve anyway.

If we do figure out a simple way to get this option into the buy/sell process, we wont hesitate to include it.

#15 actripxl

actripxl

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

I just sent out infamous for $34 to Amazon, I guess people don't seem to be trading this game in that much.

#16 aylien

aylien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

So, to find an even ground between the 2, we said that for sure the seller needs to ship with original box... but we didnt want to go as far as saying he also MUST have the original manual.

We did decide to add it as an option, but as we were implementing the site we realized that it would make things too complicated to add different options for every game like manual, quality, game box, etc...
So to keep things as simple as possible we went with one standard for everyone.

Not everyone will be happy... but that's usually impossible to achieve anyway.

If we do figure out a simple way to get this option into the buy/sell process, we wont hesitate to include it.

Hey flooty,

Looks like a great site, and I know nothing about running a site like this, but I wonder if the current option to sell without a manual will just encourage sellers to sell without the manual (as there's no penalty) on gamestaq, and to then sell the manual on ebay or somewhere else.

Hopefully you can find a way to easily include the option to indicate whether a game is sold with or without manual, and to allow for an appropriate change in price. But otherwise, site looks great!

#17 hockeyfun66@

hockeyfun66@

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:12 AM

I can't believe I paid $55 for it at Gamestop, this is a great deal.

#18 lolwaut

lolwaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:36 AM

Hey flooty,

Looks like a great site, and I know nothing about running a site like this, but I wonder if the current option to sell without a manual will just encourage sellers to sell without the manual (as there's no penalty) on gamestaq, and to then sell the manual on ebay or somewhere else.

Hopefully you can find a way to easily include the option to indicate whether a game is sold with or without manual, and to allow for an appropriate change in price. But otherwise, site looks great!

yup... thats what i would do for sure... why include the manual when you can sell it on ebay?

#19 flooty333

flooty333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

Didn't know manuals were such a hot commodity!

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Will see how we can include this optio in the near future.

#20 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

I wish you guys could do a text message or phone verification, I have no credit card but would love to get in on the deals

#21 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

I actually have already done a transaction with them.....sold Prototype last week and got paid right away to my paypal account....smooth...no complaints so far.....gonna try to buy a game this week.

Let's take some advice and feedback from this company from someone that DIDN'T join CAG this month, or even possibly right after this post.

#22 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Actually I am one of the founders of the site. Not sure who the others guys are but I'm happy to see some users like our new take on game trading. I can answer any questions you guys may have, though I am not allowed to promote as gi60 pointed out.

You might want to do some work on your search rankings. You're not even on the first page for "gamestaq" though your twitter account does come up first, which I wouldn't say is a good thing but maybe you're into it and think your audience is as well.

#23 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

"Them" or you? 2 noobs (joined July 09) promoting. Isn't CheapyD has to gives permission on this kind of posting - self promoting?

Cool Idea indeed, have you heard about goozex?

dude, get off my back. i read their FAQ. i don't use goozex, i use gametz. i don't like 'credits', i like working with the other trader directly. i'm only 'new' here in the sense that i don't post often. demon's souls got me to make an account here because someone wanted to sell off their import.

#24 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

So are thee guys legit? These TIVs are mouthwatering.

#25 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

So are thee guys legit? These TIVs are mouthwatering.

at the cost of being trashed for being a plant, which i'm not, i can safely say that the TIVs make sense based on their OP... but i don't know that the company is legit.

they never take your game - they wait for a buyer, then give you the buyer's address. so they can safely put up whatever TIV they want, since the trade doesn't happen (and you don't ship or get paid) until they have a buyer lined up. they can't get 'ripped off', and so their only job is finding a good price for a game that both buyer and seller will find appealing. that's why i posted that i liked the idea, not because i joined up here to cheerlead them.

#26 flooty333

flooty333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

You might want to do some work on your search rankings. You're not even on the first page for "gamestaq" though your twitter account does come up first, which I wouldn't say is a good thing but maybe you're into it and think your audience is as well.

Thanks for the heads up.
Gonna get our marketing guy in here now so i can bite his head off! Oh sh$%@.. that would be me! ;)

#27 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Oh ok. This is retarded then. I can find my own buyers thank you very much.

#28 flooty333

flooty333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

at the cost of being trashed for being a plant, which i'm not, i can safely say that the TIVs make sense based on their OP... but i don't know that the company is legit.

they never take your game - they wait for a buyer, then give you the buyer's address. so they can safely put up whatever TIV they want, since the trade doesn't happen (and you don't ship or get paid) until they have a buyer lined up. they can't get 'ripped off', and so their only job is finding a good price for a game that both buyer and seller will find appealing. that's why i posted that i liked the idea, not because i joined up here to cheerlead them.

Just to clarify - at the end of the day we aim to be a service that connects buyers and sellers around the country. Instead of all of us walking into Gamestop to sell/buy used games for half of their real value.... we sell/buy directly between each other keeping Gamestop's markup for ourselves.

The main issue with trading is that no seller wants to wait for the other party to come around and buy their game... and vice versa.
So, over the next short period of time, to get things up and running and while we build up our community of users - we'll be processing all transactions (buy or sell) through us.
So if a game is available on our site, that means its available for an immediate buy or sell.
If we have too many of a game in stock (not enough buyers), then the sell side will be grayed out for that game... and vice versa.
All in all, this is to give instant gratification.... without the need to wait on a buyer or seller to fulfill your transaction.

Hope this helps clarify what we're doing.

#29 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

But there is a feedback system on those trading sites. I doubt people feel fine with supplying a new site with their credit card info just to trade games...

#30 flooty333

flooty333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

... I guess that's a hurdle every new venture needs to overcome... but we gotta start somewhere.
We have a nice amount of activity so far - you are welcome to give us a shot.