• Administrators

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

:pc: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning $11.98

#2 scavy

scavy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

Great game if you enjoy pvp. I've been playing since last Sept.
----
Scavy

#3 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

damn and I was just about to nab this from EA.com for $14.xx but I guess I don't have prime at the moment haha.. I'm gonna continue my trial today to see if I like it. But I'm lost and want to experience PvP before my trial is up! ahhh

although I do have ea cash in my wallet from that 50% off deal.. guess I'll figure it out later if I like the game enough since I started WoW a couple months ago and really like it.

can anyone tell me if there is DRM in the retail? any difference vs getting it digitally at the EA.com store via the download manager. Would be awesome if Steam put this on sale too as it's on sale at two different places now =)
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#4 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

I tried so hard to like this game when it came out, but couldn't even cap one toon. I heard they made some improvements, it might be worth checking out again, hell at 12, it's pretty low risk. (You should get a months worth of fun out of the game IMO).

#5 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

Played this during the $2 beta, I've been cussed for this before. However, shouldn't the game just be free if there is a monthly subscription fee?
Space for Rent:lol:

#6 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

I got the game on launch and enjoyed it enough to pay beyond the free month. I had tons of fun playing in the second bracket of battlegrounds (sorry, forget the name they use for them) - but after I leveled out of it the new brackets seemed really mundane and boring and it was starting to hit the annoying grind for leveling.

The feel of this game was more like you were just another soldier in an army, just a pawn in the game. Simply, one person couldn't make an impact, and I just didn't like that feeling. It seemed like a very good healer was the one class that could be a tide turner on his own (which is why I rolled a Zealot). But at $12, I think that's surely worth the price of admission for people at least somewhat interested in trying the game.

#7 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Crap of the day; you couldn't pay me to play that game again.

#8 riskzero

riskzero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

I have two 60 day game cards if anyone is interested let me know.

#9 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Loves me some WAR. Has its issues like any other MMORPG, but I think the rabid hate is unwarranted for the most part. If you like straight PvE you should go elsewhere, though.
Posted Image

#10 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

There's no DRM on the retail copy, but I would not recommend buying it regardless.

--
:ps4: Wolfenstein| :ps3: DWGR | :360: nothing|  :vita: HN:PP| :pc: Random|  :3ds: ACNL,BD:FF| :ps2: nothing| :psp: nothing|  :wii: nothing 

#11 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

There's no DRM on the retail copy, but I would not recommend buying it regardless.

...what in the world are you even talking about? "DRM"? It's a subscription based MMO, pretty much all you're getting is a CD-key that provides access to the game from a single account for a limited time. That's practically the most limiting form of "DRM" there is.

#12 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

It's a fun enough game. I would say it's worth checking out for $12.

#13 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

...what in the world are you even talking about? "DRM"? It's a subscription based MMO, pretty much all you're getting is a CD-key that provides access to the game from a single account for a limited time. That's practically the most limiting form of "DRM" there is.

It was a response to

can anyone tell me if there is DRM in the retail? any difference vs getting it digitally at the EA.com store via the download manager. Would be awesome if Steam put this on sale too as it's on sale at two different places now =)

And no, a subscription service is not the same as DRM.

--
:ps4: Wolfenstein| :ps3: DWGR | :360: nothing|  :vita: HN:PP| :pc: Random|  :3ds: ACNL,BD:FF| :ps2: nothing| :psp: nothing|  :wii: nothing 

#14 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Your sig says you've played 1372 hours of it. Are you trying to dissuade people from buying it so you could be the only one in the game? That would be kind of cool, as if EA was keeping the servers on solely for you.

#15 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

thank you for answering despite the other guy haha I enjoyed the PvP I did earlier today leveled up to lvl 4 just from scenarios haha it was fun.. so certain scenarios are only available to different tiers? You can just get different tiers to play various maps? if so bummer.

while I'm at it.. I see you've played the Aion beta. I have as well, how do you feel about that game compared to WAR? I really enjoy PvP, but haven't gotten to do abyss and am currently playing WoW where the PvP isn't that great

#16 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

I have two 60 day game cards if anyone is interested let me know.

I got a 60 day card for $15 Paypal, Wii points or PSN points

#17 scavy

scavy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

There's more sc's available in the upper tier, depending on what zones are unlocked/locked. This is no grind fest and a breeze to level in. They just merged a bunch of servers, so activity is pretty good across the board at the moment. The open rvr combat is pretty fun and where the game really shines. For this genre, it's the only real pvp oriented game out there at the moment.
----
Scavy

#18 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, the recent (as in, last week) server merges have helped a lot. The biggest problem on my server (Badlands) was that Tiers 1-3 (basically levels 1-11, 12-21, and 22-31) were dead due to the slowdown of new players coming into the game. However, Tier 4 (levels 32-40) has always been relatively hopping because that's where longtime players reside with their main characters. With the merges there's a lot more players all around, and it's been awesome.

In terms of WAR vs. Aion, I haven't played Aion but from what I've read it seems very similar to WAR (PvP "lakes", the ability for Guilds to take and claim "keeps", etc.). However, I've heard the performance is MUCH better (WAR can turn into a slideshow when you have a lot of players in one area during PvP), and from what I've read the crafting is deeper (WAR's crafting is very lacking, basically only allowing you to create "consumables" like potions, instead of stuff like armor and weapons).

However, even with WAR's weaknesses in mind, Aion still holds little appeal for me at the moment. I don't like the look of the characters, I'm not really interested in the game world, and I'm not a huge of Asian MMOs in general. I'll give it a try at some point, but right now I'm sticking with WAR.
Posted Image

#19 scavy

scavy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, the recent (as in, last week) server merges have helped a lot. The biggest problem on my server (Badlands) was that Tiers 1-3 (basically levels 1-11, 12-21, and 22-31) were dead due to the slowdown of new players coming into the game. However, Tier 4 (levels 32-40) has always been relatively hopping because that's where longtime players reside with their main characters. With the merges there's a lot more players all around, and it's been awesome.

In terms of WAR vs. Aion, I haven't played Aion but from what I've read it seems very similar to WAR (PvP "lakes", the ability for Guilds to take and claim "keeps", etc.). However, I've heard the performance is MUCH better (WAR can turn into a slideshow when you have a lot of players in one area during PvP), and from what I've read the crafting is deeper (WAR's crafting is very lacking, basically only allowing you to create "consumables" like potions, instead of stuff like armor and weapons).

However, even with WAR's weaknesses in mind, Aion still holds little appeal for me at the moment. I don't like the look of the characters, I'm not really interested in the game world, and I'm not a huge of Asian MMOs in general. I'll give it a try at some point, but right now I'm sticking with WAR.

Order or Destro? Just curious, since I'm on Badlands as well.
----
Scavy

#20 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

thank you for answering despite the other guy haha I enjoyed the PvP I did earlier today leveled up to lvl 4 just from scenarios haha it was fun.. so certain scenarios are only available to different tiers? You can just get different tiers to play various maps? if so bummer.

while I'm at it.. I see you've played the Aion beta. I have as well, how do you feel about that game compared to WAR? I really enjoy PvP, but haven't gotten to do abyss and am currently playing WoW where the PvP isn't that great

Scenarios are only available for one tier, so once you hit level 12, you cant do the Tier 1 sc's anymore (unless there is a special event like there is this weekend).

WAR is fun at the early levels; T1-T2 (lvl 1-21) are pretty good. The problems I see with it are mostly at the end game.

Btw, which server/side did you roll on?

I never got to the Abyss in Aion, so I can't say anything about PvP, sorry.

--

#21 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

I did a referral trial and did dark crag order. a lion elf hahah

#22 scavy

scavy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Scenarios are available for at every Tier. Each one has their own set.
----
Scavy

#23 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Scenarios are available for at every Tier. Each one has their own set.

I can understand tiers (just level ranges/brackets), but what are scenarios? I might bite after playing wow for so long, but just reluctant. I just have a feeling I may try it for a day or two and go back to wow.

#24 scavy

scavy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

I can understand tiers (just level ranges/brackets), but what are scenarios? I might bite after playing wow for so long, but just reluctant. I just have a feeling I may try it for a day or two and go back to wow.

While you're questing/pve'ing/rvr'ing, you can queue for scenerios, which are basically small pvp maps/instances (with various objectives - like ctf, conquer & hold, etc...).
----
Scavy

#25 NYCPHILORICAN

NYCPHILORICAN

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

Scenarios in the game are basically small instances you que for to PvP. Scenarios are 12 vs 12. REgualr PvP in game becomes a lot higher. If you decide to play play on Dark Crag. It's and open RvR server and the most active server in the game.

Order controls the server right now, so if you want a challenge roll destro.

#26 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm playiing WoW now, and basically scenarios are battlegrounds.. simple as that. Like how WoW later implemented queuing up for BG's anywhere in the world (which I believe they took this idea from WAR). WAR allows you to queue up different scenarios while you quest and ultimately you pvp, trying to control points and kill the other realm - but you get xp and other points for doing so.. it's cool b/c I guess there are like a dozen scenarios - like 3-4 at each tier where as WoW only has 5 total "scenarios" at the moment w/o much incentive besides honor points (3.2 will be adding XP I'm glad) and the PvP doesn't feel as epic.. but I haven't gotten to experience larger scale BG's in WoW yet, only WSG and AB. But definitely I found the scenarios in WAR a better place to PvP than the BG's although they're basically the same idea.

#27 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

As much as I hated WoW's battlegrounds, they are IMO superior to the scenarios WAR offers.

#28 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

If anyone is interested I still have 2 of them with the 1 month card new, trying to get rid of them for $9

#29 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

If anyone is interested I still have 2 of them with the 1 month card new, trying to get rid of them for $9

I'll save your profile name as I don't know if I'll resub after a month but if I do, I'll hit you up.

#30 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

Order or Destro? Just curious, since I'm on Badlands as well.

Order.
Posted Image