• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#1 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

PRICES ARE BACK UP AT REGULAR PRICE. SALE IS OVER

This was not technically labeled a "sale" but more of a "temporary markdown". However, because if something is marked down in price one would consider it to be a sale no? So I labeled it a sale as the topic.

Anyway, there was no AD or anything on GameStop's end directed to the public about when the markdowns would end. I just saw a memo that mentioned some temporary markdowns were happening, so I wanted to give back to the CAG community that has given me good deals for the last 5+ years information about the deal. Simply put, GAMESTOP had the right to mark the prices back up anytime they wanted to without notice. They did nothing wrong except give you games at a good price if only for a day on some.

Most of the time when they have advertised sales/offers there is usually fine print that states prices, limited availability or sale terms are subject to change without notice, so no matter how hard you want to fight them about it, you will lose. However, in this case they did not even need to put any fine print because there was no flyer, ad or paper etc given to the public.

If you missed out on the deal, or were not satisified, just give it a rest and move on.

------------------------------------OLD INFORMATION-----------------------------------------

Starting 7/28, these titles will be marked down to $19.99 until 8/2. Used titles will only drop for select games. Some of these may not be available online.
:360: Street Fighter IV
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
:360: Wanted: Weapons of Fate
:360: Silent Hill Homecoming
:ps3: Street Fighter IV
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
:ps3: Wanted: Weapons of Fate
:ps3: Lair
:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk (game only)
:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing (game only)
:wii: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
:wii: MadWorld
:wii: Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It
:wii: Wii Music

Read on for more sale information BEFORE asking QUESTIONS within the THREAD

Q&A

Spoiler

These are temporarily marked down and will go back up on 8/2. Amazing price on Street Fighter which leads me to believe a new version is in the works. super Street fighter iv ultra hyper edition anyone ?

Edited by tenzor, 30 July 2009 - 05:01 AM.
slight editing for front page posting...thanks, tenzor!

#2 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

Wow. Big drops there on a few of them. Thanks for the info OP!

#3 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

That is a pretty rad sale.

#4 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Can I buy in advance and then price adjust? Anytime a sale rolls around my gamestops are picked clean.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#5 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

I already have SF4 but for 20 bucks I'm going to have a sealed one because I like the game so much.

To the guy above me yeah why not the return policy is 30 days for sealed games just don't open it then return rebuy.

#6 token2k6

token2k6

I'm in for Street Fighter IV, what a great week to for that to be paired with Marvel vs. Capcom 2 coming out on XBL!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#7 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm in for a street fighter 4.

#8 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

SF IV shall be mine!
Posted Image

#9 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

Can I buy in advance and then price adjust? Anytime a sale rolls around my gamestops are picked clean.

GameStop usually never ever price-matches or adjust's their price to match their current price. (YMMV) You can probably get around it on Used titles with their 7 day guarantee, but not on new items..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#10 AceSXE

AceSXE

They Hate Logic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

street fighter not my type of game but the reviews rave for 20 i might have to try it.
Posted Image

#11 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

WOW !! I so love Gamestop and these new games for $19.99 sales. :applause:

And the B2G1 sales that stack with EDGE too.:D

Street Fighter IV for for $19.99 !? I too will buy one sealed for my collection since I paid $59.99 before costume downloads but have been enjoying my fightpads and TE sticks immensely although play much less often then after it first came out in Feb.

#12 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

do you have a link to the ad?

#13 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

SF4 PS3 is mine.

#14 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

May have to get Animal Crossing and SFIV. Awesome deal, thanks

#15 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Damn, already have SF4 but might buy it on PS3 just for the controls alone.

#16 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

GameStop usually never ever price-matches or adjust's their price to match their current price. (YMMV) You can probably get around it on Used titles with their 7 day guarantee, but not on new items..

He's going to return it, since he assumes there will be no stock, so now they'll have it in stock, and it will be at the sale price. He'll receive his 39.99 back and then he can rebuy the one now instock.

#17 Lynsanity

Lynsanity

Lyndrick.com

• CAGiversary!

SFIV... DDG... Dang Difficult Game.

#18 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Oops can mod merge my threads. stupid iPhone froze at first so I thought the post did not go through, so I made another

#19 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

a few good flips for amazon. excite bots tiv is 16.50 wanted 14.50 animal crossing 16.50

#20 pqnet

pqnet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

does it starts tonight at 7pm like the last sale ?

#21 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

if i didnt spend so much money already this summer, i would probably buy wario.

and sf4 for $20 is a steal. unless you absolutely hate fighting games, you should definitely buy it.

#22 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

I'm gonna see if the Game Crazy near me will price match for Fear 2. I have credit sitting at GC with nowhere to go.
MMMMMMM

#23 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

GameStop is now getting some of my money. First time in around 2 years. I bought Bionic Commando last time they had this $20 deal, but before that was Kingdom Hearts 2.

Street Fighter IV is calling my name!

#24 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

ZOMG -- It'd be absolutely amazing if SFIV was $20. After watching Evo2009 I kind of regret trading it in.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#25 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

No ad for this just markdowns and sale DOES not start @7. Just open of business on 7/28

#26 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

I'm gonna see if the Game Crazy near me will price match for Fear 2. I have credit sitting at GC with nowhere to go.

Which is why GS credit is vastly superior to GC credit normally.

With the HWV used games sale though and the fact that they take a GC giftcard, you should be able to find something to buy that trades back into GS credit at minimum 1:1 provided you bring in 6 games to trade in so 40% TIV boost or bonus plus 10% EDGE bonus if you're smart enough to have it.;)

#27 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

I bought SFIV used, got it adjusted when it hit $34, now I'm returning that copy and getting a new one for $20. Not bad :) also in for FEAR 2.

#28 flop

flop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

WoW definitely picking up SFiv tomorrow since I was planning to get Gears2: All fronts mappack that comes out tomorrow. Tomorrow is so gonna be a good day.:D

Thanks OP:applause:

#29 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

WTF is going on with these sales? I mean when am I going to find time to play all this lol. Any older CAGer remember these type of sales with games when Atari 2600/7800 was dying out?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#30 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

Which is why GS credit is vastly superior to GC credit normally.

With the HWV used games sale though and the fact that they take a GC giftcard, you should be able to find something to buy that trades back into GS credit at minimum 1:1 provided you bring in 6 games to trade in so 40% TIV boost or bonus plus 10% EDGE bonus if you're smart enough to have it.;)

The credit came from the last Gamestop sale. Bionic Commando for $20, opened it up, hated it, traded into Game Crazy for $27.50 with MVP. ;)
MMMMMMM