#1 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:45 AM

www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Edited by Coper3000, 28 August 2011 - 01:55 AM.
added latest coupon codes

#2 mis0

mis0

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

Their checkout is secure. Website looks and works pretty fancy. Never heard of it at all though. PS3 game prices don't seem the best.. but eh.

Edit: Their selling feature looks real good though. Maybe too good to be true actually. GTAIV in excellent condition for $20 profit if sold at their suggested sale price.

[mis0's tradelist]

#3 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:03 AM

I would be a bit leary of that site too, after my incident with zipzoomfly(it involved getting my lawyer to get my refund back) i'm not going to go to another company that does business like that again.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#4 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:08 AM

Sounds like they're the middle man where you put in an order for a game and it ships from someone else who has it for sale.

ach.png

#5 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:11 AM

I would be a bit leary of that site too, after my incident with zipzoomfly(it involved getting my lawyer to get my refund back) i'm not going to go to another company that does business like that again.

Ummm, besides whatever your personal incident/experience was with Zipzoomfly, you do understand that they are not only a verified and "credible" company...this however seems to have sprung up overnight.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and order something on the cheap?
Posted Image

#6 mylasthope

mylasthope

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:15 AM

Prices seem too good to be true.

#7 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:18 AM

I tried it, ordered a DVD for $3 shipped. The thread on SD has a lot of replies so it looks legit. Worst case scenario, I have to dispute the charge with my CC company

#8 APHughes

APHughes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:19 AM

I doubt it is legit. They have a copy of Nintendo pennant chase baseball for the GC and that game was canceled. Sounds like a scam site to me.

#9 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

Some prices seem low, but some are kinda high. Just gonna go with LEGO: SW II (360) for $2.30 shipped.

#10 robbart914

robbart914

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

Sounds like lube. Might get screwed

#11 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

Holy crap...
:ps2: X-Men: Next Dimension for $66

I did not enjoy it one bit when I rented it from Blockbuster years ago...why would it be worth more than the cost of a new current-gen game?

On the brighter side of things, the used prices do seem very cheap with reasonable shipping. Lots of PS2 games and various Xbox 360 Games for sale. (Halo Wars for $25??)

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#12 Br4inDead

Br4inDead

It's Buggerin' Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

From personal experience, they are indeed legit. I have bought several dvd's in the past from them and got them within a week. Especially with coupons, where I paid almost nothing for them.
"Watch out for flying chairs"
Posted Image

#13 bleak

bleak

Cletus Van Damme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

Madden 06 for the PSP is a good deal @ .55 cents shipped w/ the FRIEND coupon

#14 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

LOL

Damnation for ps3 is 71.97 shipped

11 bucks over retail for a steaming pile if shit in a playstation box

#15 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

LMAO!!!!!!! Holy COW!!!!
That's a Damnation shame, I think this is a rip in the time space, this site is actually in the early 90's and they charge these insane prices for garbage items, and 20 years from now you will be able to get Gears of War for $100.00 shipped.

Just joking by the way, checked out the site, not too bad, Gears of War is 9 bucks, sweet.

Edited by Nightmarecast25, 31 July 2009 - 07:55 AM.

#16 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

Yeah they are legit. I talked to the owner on an other forum. Never bought anything though

#17 mis0

mis0

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

Report back if things go well, CAGs!

[mis0's tradelist]

#18 TallGuyMe

TallGuyMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

I've corresponded numerous times with the sites owner, it's legit.

YSnKooN.png

#19 ckonze

ckonze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

I have ordered 3 games from them. The seller for one of the games I ordered had recently been reported as advertising previous rentals as complete non-rentals. Just in case there was an issue with my copy, Glyde gave me a $5 credit that could be directly deposited back into my account. On top of that, if there was a problem with my copy, I could still return it and get my money back. In short, I was given $5 by Glyde simply because there was a chance my copy would be bad. That impressed me greatly. Glyde is totally legit. My transactions through them are proof of that. They're basically a sort of ebay/goozex hybrid. I will definitely be doing business with them again.

edit:
There was an issue with my copy from that seller, as Glyde suspected there would be. I chose to keep the game anyway. It wasn't a rental, but rather a previous Game Crazy disc only where they recreate the outer box art and there was no manual. The other two games I ordered arrived in exactly the condition they were advertised in. The shipping was super fast too. Received the games about a week after ordering them. Overall, wonderful experience.

edit - edit:
If I had one complaint it would be that if I chose to return that game, they make me pay to ship it back and although you get your money back on the base price of the game, you do not get your shipping cost back. In other words if you try to return a game that was $8 + $3 shipping, you only get $8 back.

Edited by ckonze, 31 July 2009 - 02:10 PM.
Forgot to post extra details

#20 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Ordered 3 cheap games I have been wanting anyways, will see how it works out.

Good prices with the two codes, thanks OP.

#21 gmo92683

gmo92683

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

I'll bite the bullet.... Phantom Hourglass for 13 bucks....shipped....that game is never on sale. I've taken larger risks before.

#22 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Definitely some very good prices. I'm thinking about it, though still somewhat hesitant.

33126.png

#23 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hm . . . Their interface is interesting, but if they ever get any significant number of items/sellers, it's going to suck terribly. If you look at the rock CD listing, you can already see the problem developing.

I'm hesitant to give it a try if for no other reason than as far as I can find there's no clear definition given of what exactly they mean by, for example, "good" condition (which seems to be what a majority of things are listed as).

#24 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

Ok, gave it a try with a cheap PS2 game (Lord of the Rings: The Third Age). If it turns out to be a scam, or the condition turns out to not be what I'd want, I'm only out $1.31 after the coupon.

One thing that I don't like is that they appear to store your credit card number (after you purchase something, it shows up as your "default payment method" on any listings you look at after that). I know that a lot of places do that these days, but I don't know how secure these guys are. I used a "Virtual Account Number" from my credit card company with a very low limit on it, so I'm not terribly concerned, but it's something to consider. If your credit card offers something like the Virtual Account Number service, you may want to use it.

EDIT: Ok, finally got an explanation of the condition grading in the order confirmation email:

The item should be in Good condition, defined as "Game plays perfectly. Case may have some visible superficial scratches, but no cracks or damage. No personal stickers or writing on the disc or case. May be a previous rental."

Sounds like it might not be in what I would consider to be "good" condition, but apparently I'm picky. Why the hell do they seem to be more concerned about the condition of the case than of the game disc? Cases are replaceable. And what about the manual? Oh well, that's just a general description, so hard to tell what this particular game will be. Maybe I'll get lucky. Not likely to buy another "good" item from them again, though.

Edited by arcane93, 31 July 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#25 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

LOL, it suggests I sell my used copy of Red Faction (PS3) for $73.00. Riiiight

#26 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Was going to pick up a cheap 360 game but can't find any to buy even with discount (to try out the site). They probably disappear from the options as people buy them.

#27 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

How do you buy more than one item?

#28 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

How do you buy more than one item?

Probably with separate orders. Remember, this isn't a single-seller site, it's more like half.com or ebay, where all of the listings are from different people.

Odd that they don't give you the opportunity to buy multiple items from the same seller on one order, though. This site is very strangely designed, more form than functionality. I guess it does say it's a "beta".

#29 evo t rex

evo t rex

This Space for Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

Games? I thought they sold lube.

#30 BarrettSan

BarrettSan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

this reminds me of back when our Wal-Mart carried two copies of Rise of the Robots for SNES with a price tag of $69.99 well into the PS2 life cycle...