Besides the few parts listed, do you have any more of the Inspiron by chance? (the notebook unit itself, hard disk, optical drive, etc)? Do you know what died on it?
Well, what I do have left is...
- the actual casing (palm rest, bottom piece)
- the RAM cover
- the screen (and screen assembly)
- hard drive
From what I know, I would think that a few things were broken..
1. the graphics cards
- there were vertical lines during the DELL boot up part
- sometimes the computer would lag and the screen would jumble up with colors and then come back to "normal"
- there was this annoying single black color vertical line to the right of the mouse pointer that followed wherever i moved the mouse pad
2. the screen (and assembly)
- it's in good cosmetic condition but there is a small circular section that is damaged
- but nothing to the point where the monitor is completely unusable
- was damaged
- so i went online and find a new OEM DELL Inspiron 6000 keyboard
- the one i have now is like-new and works fine
4. the motherboard
- i suspect that one is gone
5. the processor
- a crummy old 1.6 ghz centrino m processor
- i would think it still works fine but i mean by today's even basic standards, it won't do
6. i have the original 256 mb ram (x2) that i bought the computer with. i also got a pair (as in 2) of 512 MB ram (total of 1 GB) brand new from dell.com. all 4 of the ram sticks work fine.
7. the cooling fan
- other than being a bit dusty from normal use, it should be ok
8. the speakers
- same as the speakers
9. i have the little circuit piece that has the power button. it should be fine
10. i suspect the hard drive is fried. it often did get very hot
11. the wireless card
intel pro wireless 2200 b/g
- i had problems with it. it didn't connect very well and it didn't detect the wireless routers other than the one in our house. the other laptops in our house detected like a bunch of others (i.e. my neighbor's)
12. the dvd-cd-RW drive
- works fine
- i never really burned any cd's on it
- never really used the drive to install anything on it
- i used an external usb dvd burner for my archiving needs
- i do play 1 pc game (starcraft) and blizzard released a patch so i could play the game without the disc inserted so i never had to use the discs to play
If you're interested in buying some parts from me, and you're serious, you can email me at email@example.com
I don't know how I would be able to sell it to you through Amazon.com but I guess I could do something like post whatever I have left at like $200 or $300, put in the description your user name, and then you can buy it like that.
I can't guarantee that it works perfectly fine, but I'm pretty sure most of the parts are in working condition.
Just a note though...
the motherboard on the computer right now (including the graphics cards and whatnot) is not the original one I got when I first bought the computer new from Dell about 4 and a half years ago (i.e. before college). I had it replaced once through the warranty I had through Dell. The screen was replaced about 4 times through the warranty (because the ones the technician brought with him to the house was faulty).
I'm guessing maybe you have an Inspiron 6000 that could use some parts or something like that?
I think that you can find some use in swapping some parts here and there. Just note that I accidentally damaged the bottom case when I screwed in the wrong screw while attempting to put the thing back together so there's a hole on the bottom from a screw.
All the rubber feet are there. I lost 1 rubber feet on the monitor.
But overall, if you're looking to swapping some parts and pieces on an Inspiron 6000 or a compatible computer, I think the parts that I have should be decent enough for you.
I'll be willing to negotiate a price.
Keep in mind that:
a. i'm mainly trying to save up for a new desktop
b. i'm currently without a job (and fresh out of college this past may).
so making money is crucial for me, and finding a job these days is pretty darn difficult with such a bad economy.
** Update **
I forgot to mention that if you are sincerely interested in whatever I have left from my Inspiron 6000, I am willing to take pictures and email them to you.
Just make sure to email me first.
In the subject, put something so I know you're from CAG.
Edited by xxnike629xx, 01 August 2009 - 06:36 PM.