Photo
- - - - -

"Free" Halo Limited Edition Minifigure by Megablocks ($4 S&H)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
398 replies to this topic

#1 digitap

digitap

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

Online giveaway* of 1 of 10,000 exclusive limited edition Halo Wars figurines!

Enlist as a Mega Bloks Commander to be automatically entered for a chance to win 1 of 9,900 Limited Edition UNSC Steel Spartan figurines or 1 of 100 Ultra-Rare Limited Edition UNSC Active Camo Spartan figurines! Sign-up now!

*US $3.99/CDN $4.50 plus applicable taxes for Shipping and Handling apply.

http://www.megabrand.../kids/halowars/

Figures are 1.75" tall (like the size of a lego guy). When you complete your order it'll say congratulations, you won a Halo Spartan. The rules say you won't know which one you'll get until it arrives.

#2 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:08 PM

anyone think this is worth the 3.99?

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#3 DragonSlayerX

DragonSlayerX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

Not valid in New York? WTH! O_O

#4 havoksend

havoksend

Noble Seven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

3.99 shipping is a bit steep, its only 4 bucks though so I did it. I dont like the 6-8 week shipping though. Here is hoping for an active camo.

#5 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

I'm a sucker for anything halo but I did not know about the halo mega blocks but I think I might try for one of these.

#6 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Damn, offer is not valid in:

Offer is not valid in Quebec, New York, Florida, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. territories or possessions outside of the continental United States.

The Halo blocks look pretty cool, but i'm sure it will be on sale like all of the other megablock brands...

#7 equest943

equest943

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I wish they just gave these away for pre-orders like when minimates gave you a Master Chief mini-mate with the pre-order of Halo for PC. These are still cute, though.

#8 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:15 PM

Oh, another word or two... Megablock is cool in details, but they suck in terms of construction. Hence Legos are much much better (but hell, Legos cost a lot more).

#9 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

Not Valid in NY? WTF =/

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#10 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

Oh, another word or two... Megablock is cool in details, but they suck in terms of construction. Hence Legos are much much better (but hell, Legos cost a lot more).

Exactly. I saw the new stuff at Target the other day. Looks like it got touched (aka empty spots on the shelf). Since they are running with Halo Wars there are a lot of units to build sets from. Should be a cash cow. But yeah, Lego is better when it comes to construction. Really though, Lego should get into video games too. I'd love to see a Mario Lego set.

Not Valid in NY? WTF =/

NY sounds like a depressing place to be for shopping.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#11 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

In for 1.

Thanks for the post!

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#12 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

Targets have been putting up a demo sets of Halo, might not have the sets yet, but it indeed does look cheap. Not nearly the clear style of construction that Lego has.

Even the minifigs look a little less than perfect.

The moc-ups that some people have done, with Legos are better. Even custom minifigs are better than the Megablocks one.

#13 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Thanks OP, my kid will love this when it comes in the mail.

Although I'm not too keen on MegaBlocks either, these will be much easier on the wallet at Christmas time.

Lego uses ABS plastic which is much more durable and their tolerances are so much more precise. It's really too bad they didn't grab this license. It must be beneath them.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#14 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

in for over 9000.

#15 Shoagie

Shoagie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Im in, hopefully get a camo figure.

#16 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

Crap Not Valid In FL either.

#17 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

I'd love to see a Mario Lego set.

Yeah, no kidding.

Knowing what Star Wars did for Lego's earnings, a Nintendo alliance could be pretty good.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#18 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'm in for one, all you do is create an account on their website, do a quick survey on what Halo universe ships you'd like to see, then fill out payment info. I got a regular Spartan.

Do you guys think these will be worth anything since it's Limited Edition or whatever? I'd like to open it and put it on my work desk, but if they're going to be worth something on ebay I'll keep it in the packaging.

#19 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

Not valid in NY.................... lame

#20 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

Im in for one too. Can't wait, as I'm sure these will be worth quite a bit, especially if you get the active camo!!!!!!!!!! Also hoping for the 4 foot spartan statue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#21 mcpeepants

mcpeepants

EAT YR POTATO RICKY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

Is NY disqualified because you have to pay shipping? Argh

#22 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

not a fan of "free". I prefer actually free :) what? it's cag! :D

#23 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

NY sounds like a depressing place to be for shopping.

It's a depressing place in general. :lol:

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Burnout Revenge // Far-Cry 3 // Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Recently Completed

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition [1550/1550]

#24 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

meh, i never played Halo (yes, I havent, so I need to. i am probably missing out on alot), but going to order one of these anyways.

PSN: tallytabletommy

#25 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Lego is partnering up with Disney and making a whole line of toys with Toy Story. Sets look fantastic.

Lego would have been a better choice, but gotta wonder if they even had a shot. It might have conflicted with say licensing and such I'm sure.

#26 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

In for one. Thanks OP.

#27 Un4tun8Disaster

Un4tun8Disaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

I'm in for one, all you do is create an account on their website, do a quick survey on what Halo universe ships you'd like to see, then fill out payment info. I got a regular Spartan.

Do you guys think these will be worth anything since it's Limited Edition or whatever? I'd like to open it and put it on my work desk, but if they're going to be worth something on ebay I'll keep it in the packaging.

I think they'd all be listed as "Limited Edition Halo Wars SPARTAN figure" on receipt. So there's still a chance you could be getting a Active Camo in your package.

There's already 2 auctions on ebay for some Spartan Mega bloks figures look pretty cool to display with a shotgun on a desk, so far one is at $2.05 and another is $3.35 both with $3 ship. Not sure if their the Limited Edition ones you get from this "Free" promo though. Anyone know how to tell Limited edition ones from giveaway from the regular set ones??

Edited by Un4tun8Disaster, 03 August 2009 - 02:47 PM.
Adding Ebay find info...

Posted Image

#28 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Just so you guys know... they accept Paypal. They also have a sweet Pelican coming out. I'm in for one of those.
Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#29 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

I totally voted "5" on the scarab! Legos or not, it's gonna be sweet!!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#30 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

I think they'd all be listed as "Limited Edition Halo Wars SPARTAN figure" on receipt. So there's still a chance you could be getting a Active Camo in your package.

nice. If you look at the page the OP posted, you can see the difference between the LE Steel Spartan offered and the regular Spartan (pic on the right) which is just green. I'm looking at the retail sets and I want a Ghost with Elite now, dammit. He's holding a Beam Rifle but I wish it was an Energy Sword