BACK IN STOCK!!! Earth Defense Force 2017(Xbox 360) New - $11.82

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

Well, if you never got around to picking up a new copy of Earth Defense Force 2017 for the Xbox 360, you have no excuse now. Walmart.com has EDF2017 on clearance for only $11.82, A.K.A. a freaking steal. Sure, it came out a few years ago, but it is undoubtedly a cult-classic and this is the best price I've ever seen it for all by itself. If you've never played the Godzilla of gaming, you can change that at the link below.

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=5515978

Edited by BlueSwim, 10 September 2009 - 05:00 AM.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#2 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

i definitely recommend this. I Think ill get it out right now... Hoping for a sequel with online multiplayer..

#3 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

Grabbed this for 20 when it first came out and though it was a steal compared to the pricing of 360 games back then. I never beat it though because it got a little boring after awhile to me. Anyone know how long it takes to beat on normal or easy?
Posted Image

#4 Mike Toole

Mike Toole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:24 AM

This game is totally worth it. Kind of repetitive, but SO much fun if you play it with buddies. I played the hell out of it (beat it 3 or 4 times to get all of the goodies/weapons) and now my nephews play it like crazy just so they can fight each other with tanks, robots, and helicopters. Get this game!!
Posted Image

#5 victant

victant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

My 2 year old son's playing it on normal difficulty right now. Seriously.

#6 m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast

Leave a penny.....TAKE 10

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

When this is over, I'll buy you a steak.

#7 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:32 AM

I just bit on this, can't tell if everyone is being sarcastic about this game or not...ship-to-store is so confusing, at first only 1 store w/in 100 miles of my zip had it, then I got an expanded list which basically let me choose any location. Even if I chose the one that had it, it was still saying a 9/2 expected pick up date. That seems like a while...hopefully buyer's remorse doesn't set in..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#8 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

I just bit on this, can't tell if everyone is being sarcastic about this game or not...ship-to-store is so confusing, at first only 1 store w/in 100 miles of my zip had it, then I got an expanded list which basically let me choose any location. Even if I chose the one that had it, it was still saying a 9/2 expected pick up date. That seems like a while...hopefully buyer's remorse doesn't set in..

Um it's not confusing at all. Ship-to-store=/=store pickup. They ship the item to the store instead of your house, that's why you can choose any Wal-Mart. The reason they don't charge you shipping is because they include the item with the normal shipment the store would get, so it costs them nothing to get it there for you.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#9 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

I've heard lots of good things but I cannot in good conscience buy this after seeing videos. It just looks... I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't look good.

#10 donburns99

donburns99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

I just bit on this, can't tell if everyone is being sarcastic about this game or not...

No sarcasm, if you don't take this game seriously and play it in short bursts, it is a ton of fun.

#11 lee7sauce

lee7sauce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:59 AM

Guys, this game is FREAKIN AWESOME!! At $12 this is a must for any 360 owner. I personally bought a 360 arcade just for this game. No jokes.

#12 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

For $8 more, you can order the package deal from amazon which also includes Samurai Warriors 2 O.o Get a something else small and you can get SSS. Been on the fence about this game, rawr :\

#13 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:09 AM

E.D.F.! E.D.F.!

This is the perfect goof-off-with-a-buddy co-op game, its so ridiculous.
Posted Image

#14 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

For $8 more, you can order the package deal from amazon which also includes Samurai Warriors 2 O.o Get a something else small and you can get SSS. Been on the fence about this game, rawr :\

Whoah. That's a pretty nice package deal.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#15 dieresis

dieresis

CAG Veteran Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:45 AM

Link for the lazies?

Currently playing:
:xb1: NBA 2K14; Peggle 2; Battlefield 4
:360: Battlefield 3
(1160/1600G); Peggle (170/250G)

#16 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:28 AM

Link for the lazies?

And here I thought I was one of the laziest persons to roam the interwebz :p

http://www.amazon.co...50922437&sr=8-1

#17 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

Yeah, this the B-movie of games. Its bad, but in a ton of ways its awesome. I got it for 5 bucks from blockbuster and have put over 30 hours into it. It's insane. I had to buy it since it has a ton of buzz here on CAG.

I'm going to beat this game on Inferno even if it takes me 5 years.

#18 triforcer

triforcer

I'd buy that for a dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

so tempted to pull the trigger.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 joby27

joby27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:58 AM

This game isn't the greatest but I had a great time playing it with my bro and buddies. One player was okay, but would be extremely difficult in the later rounds.

#20 minos1067

minos1067

Remember 'Game Stuff'?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Definitely big fun..........and corny. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed this game. Hint - go through the normal modes so that you can save up money to buy better weapons for the hard modes.

#21 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

It's been $20 for this and Samurai Warriors 2 for awhile on Amazon. Better deal IMO.

#22 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Don't buy it for the achievements, but for local co-op, pretty awesome.

#23 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

Hint - go through the normal modes so that you can save up money to buy better weapons for the hard modes.

There's no money system in the game. You find all the better weapons for free on the harder difficulty. But yeah, it's harder to beat those later difficulties w/o finding the mid-range quality weapons on normal.

Sorry about nerding-out and splitting hairs... ;)

#24 Chuckiefresh

Chuckiefresh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Thank for the opinions guys, you convinced me. I picked up the combo pack from Amazon.

I'm hoping me and my 4 year old son can play this together.

#25 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

just curious - is this playable on non-US XBL accounts?

#26 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

Don't buy it for the achievements, but for local co-op, pretty awesome.

This is the truth 60-90 hour average for 1000/1000, and difficulty achievements do not stack, 5 playthroughs for the 5 difficulty achievements.

Not a game for the achievement whore

#27 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

The one quirk is the no auto save game/progress feature. I'm talking about saving mission progress / weapons found game save, which is the whole point of the game really.

One day I came home from work and my wife and her step-dad had plowed through a large portion of one difficulty setting, 2nd hardest or 3rd hardest, I don't remember. We chatted, Step-dad left, game still on the tv, then I took the disc out and they hadn't saved yet. My wife wanted to beat me up, she was quoting that Knight's Tale character threatening with the "lots of pain!" mantra thing. No bigee, they just did it again the next week, happily I might add.

I would love to see a sequel.

#28 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

Just did this. Thanks for the heads up!

#29 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

Seems like Samurai Warriors 2 really isn't worth the extra $8. If you can do the site-to-store shipping, it's probably for the best.

@Crazyhowie: No problem!:D
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#30 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

I believe Samurai Warriors 2 is what it is, yet another Koei button mashing warrior game. Brought absolutely nothing new to the table, which is why it (as well as alot of the other Warrior games) are justly rated low. But for a person who enjoys that type of game or doesn't have one at all, I think it's gotta be worth the $8. But to each their own, sadly the closest walmart to me is too far :\