Photo
- - - - -

Some Amazon price drops

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ljgpliskin92

ljgpliskin92

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

Hey all, I noticed some newer games on amazon going down by about 10 dollars for each game.

Blaz Blue $49.99
King of Fighters XII $49.79
inFAMOUS $51.99
Prototype $52.99

#2 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:02 AM

also here are some perm price drop on amazon
FEAR2 project origin: $60-> $40
Battlestations Pacific: $60-> $40
Posted Image

#3 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:09 AM

BlazBlue and Arkham Asylum are looking quite tempting at those prices + ECA discount.

#4 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

These games have been those prices on and off for a while now. Also, I heard the new KOF sucks.
Posted Image

#5 mis0

mis0

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

These games have been those prices on and off for a while now. Also, I heard the new KOF sucks.

Heard it was alright. Heard it just SUCKS compared to the other fighting games available on the PS3 and 360 (SFIV, BB, MvC2, etc).

[mis0's tradelist]

#6 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:03 AM

Heard it was alright. Heard it just SUCKS compared to the other fighting games available on the PS3 and 360 (SFIV, BB, MvC2, etc).

Lol. Yeah that's the nice way of saying it. I still have to pick up BB and MvC2, then we have Tekken 6 coming out soon. Heck, I'd probably go pick up VF5 before buying this game.
Posted Image

#7 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

No Mai, no buy.

#8 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

OK deals. Prototype for $51 isn't bad, as it still retails for $60, but most of the time I find NewEgg to be superior to Amazon gaming-wise.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#9 MusashiX4

MusashiX4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

KOF XII isn't bad by any means (Online sucks, but whatever...supposedly it's getting fixed). I personally love the game, but I do agree that the package you get isn't worth $60. I would say wait until it drops to at least $40.

#10 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

Actually, I consider it to be quite good. While I found SF IV to be the biggest disappointment in fighting game history.

#11 trufan2

trufan2

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

Why you think that about sf4?

#12 Pixelriffic

Pixelriffic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

Actually, I consider it to be quite good. While I found SF IV to be the biggest disappointment in fighting game history.

If you think SFIV is the biggest disappointment in fighting game history, than you must not know much about fighting game history.

#13 trufan2

trufan2

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

If you think SFIV is the biggest disappointment in fighting game history, than you must not know much about fighting game history.

True story

#14 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

let's give him a history lesson

#15 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

You haven't tried to play KOF12 online, have you? It has the worst netcode - by FAR - of any fighting game released in recent history.

Whereas SF4 and BlazBlue's netcode - while there's still plenty of lag - is far more efficient.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#16 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

I have a LOT more interest in that new King of Fighters game than some of these other one on one fighting games of late. Wish it had a story though, but otherwise it sounds like what I want out of a one-on-one fighter.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#17 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

No Mai, no buy.

Word (though I'm personally more of a Blue Mary fan). They might as well have put a sticker on the case that says "Just wait for the super ultimate version that will include Mai."

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#18 MusashiX4

MusashiX4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

I have a LOT more interest in that new King of Fighters game than some of these other one on one fighting games of late. Wish it had a story though, but otherwise it sounds like what I want out of a one-on-one fighter.

SNK made KOF XII out to be a re-birth of the series. No one should worry as KOF XIII will probably have at least 10-15 other fighters, a story, and...(please) a good online system.

As for SFIV being a great disappointment....wow, that's harsh.

#19 stainremover

stainremover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

c'mon guys... KOF XII ain't thaaaaaat bad :)

it's bad compared to it's predecessors (prev. kof games had more characters, i think were more fun in general). it's bad compared to it's peers - other fighting games have much better multiplayer.

admittedly, i'd buy it for $20. the fighting in it is good enough. no guarantees that i'd play it, though.

#20 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

SNK made KOF XII out to be a re-birth of the series. No one should worry as KOF XIII will probably have at least 10-15 other fighters, a story, and...(please) a good online system.

As for SFIV being a great disappointment....wow, that's harsh.

Not sure who mentioned it was a disappointment, but for me I'll try it as some point. I don't like the art though, and the extra systems they added to it are probably too much for us casual fighting fans. I'd probably prefer a 2D Street Fighter Alpha 4, since they keep adding stuff to the "main" series.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image