MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

:360: Xbox 360 Arcade w/Free Banjo Kazooie or Lost Odyssey $199.99
:360: Xbox 360 Elite Halo 3 / Fable 2 Bundle $299.99
:360: Xbox 360 Elite w/Free 12+1 Month Xbox Live Subscription $299.99
:360: Xbox Pro 60GB w/Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars $249.99

I know this has been popping up at some retailers but anyone can take advantage of this offer at Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.co...d=3H6DZWCN8KSLL

Not sure if ECA discount will apply but either way your getting a good deal.

• Includes two full games: Fable 2 and Halo 3
  • Premium black finish
  • 120GB hard drive
  • Black finish wireless controller
  • HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p)

Debating on getting this as a streaming media box for the bed room or wait for the 250gb version rumored for later this year.

Edited by CheapyD, 28 August 2009 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#2 GundamS

GundamS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

Is it a JASPER chipset?

#3 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

Nope ... this bundle is known to have majority Zephyrs as I understand it and a few Falcons definitely not Jaspers ... so if you're big on newer chipsets, don't buy this bundle ... the only reason I'm tempted to pick up this bundle is because the value is so much better, aside from the decrease in console reliability when you're dealing with older 360s

#4 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

Is it a JASPER chipset?

I'm pretty sure it's a Falcon. I know for a fact the other two previous Elite bundles (Normal 360 and Holiday 08 with Indiana Jones and KFP) were also Falcons.

Can anyone confirm this is a Falcon or Jasper?
Posted Image

Goozex | Twitter |

#5 subwayeatbig

subwayeatbig

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:41 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a Falcon. I know for a fact the other two previous Elite bundles (Normal 360 and Holiday 08 with Indiana Jones and KFP) were also Falcons.

Can anyone confirm this is a Falcon or Jasper?

I am pretty sure most of them are Falcons.. as I haven't seen a jasper in the 360 elite yet just in the arcade.

#6 mis0

mis0

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

The RE system was a Jasper I believe.

[mis0's tradelist]

#7 rex2745

rex2745

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

yes this is true the resident evil 5 xbox 360 bundle was jasper not falcon but idk about these im pretty sure these are jasper as well just check the label flip on the box to see the date it was made

#8 rex2745

rex2745

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

but other than dat whoever is getting a xbox 360 now might as well get this one

#9 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

Just remember there were Jaspers that RRODed after people picked up the RE bundle, so really ... if you're in the market, this bundle gives you the best value by far.

#10 Manoleke

Manoleke

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

i just got a e-mail from amazon so you can pick the fall bundle or the spring bundle
the spring bundle has the games but the fall comes with a 12+1 months xboxlive card

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

#11 Tate Donovan

Tate Donovan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

What's the deal with using optical audio cables with the 360? I know there's some issue, but I can't remember the details. (I am a dirty poor with a non-HDMI audio receiver.)

#12 fyffem

fyffem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Does anyone know if that ECA card applies for the system? I haven't gotten the card yet but will if it works here... that would pay for its cost in one go.

#13 triforcer

triforcer

I'd buy that for a dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

my 360 is on its last leg and i reluctantly will have to get a new one down the road. i'll most likely get it from amazon, but the eca deal would help a lot if it works. i wish MS would just announce a slim version already so i wont feel im getting ripped off.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 technole

technole

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

Yep. It looks great in my living room :D

technole.png

#15 ToadStoolPorridge

ToadStoolPorridge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

I'm really considering picking up the Halo 3/Fable 2 Bundle, but I just can't do it with the new chipsets. I would much rather spend a few extra bucks and have some peace of mind rather than possibly going through the hassle of a RROD. Plus, HOPEFULLY, they will release a wireless adapter bundle stateside :)

#16 testudo

testudo

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

News flash: Super elite 250 Gb with 2 controllers spotted. I think I am holding out for that.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#17 ToadStoolPorridge

ToadStoolPorridge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

News flash: Super elite 250 Gb with 2 controllers spotted. I think I am holding out for that.

Are you talking about the Forza 3 bundle? Because if that came stateside, that would be fnatastic

#18 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

all of them come with a wireless controller-1 month x box live gold membership-and an x box live headsets

i dont know about cables and wires so here where im confused-

the $299 elite bundle comes with --Hdmi cable--hdtv cable--and ethernet cable-(halo3 and fable2)

the $299 non bundle elite comes with ---composite av cable-hdmi port-
( 12 month x box live membership)--

the $250 pro-standard av cable-----and ethernet cable
( 1 game- halo wars-halo3-or fable2)

dont know what hdmi cable is or does--and what is the difference between a standard and composite av cable-

last question is the hdtv and hdmi cables expensive to get on their own im asking since i already have halo 3 and am leaning a bit towards the 12 month free xboxlive.

cable noob over and out

Edited by youenvy, 28 August 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#19 sapient

sapient

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

@youenvy
HDMI cable gives you the best quality picture if you have a TV with HDMI port (most big screen TVs do). I bought my HDMI cable for $5 from th einternet so they can be found really cheap.

XBOX360's component cable (2nd best quality for older model TVs) is $40 as it has a proprietary connector. I think you are better off with an HDMI cable

#20 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

@youenvy
HDMI cable gives you the best quality picture if you have a TV with HDMI port (most big screen TVs do). I bought my HDMI cable for $5 from th einternet so they can be found really cheap.

XBOX360's component cable (2nd best quality for older model TVs) is $40 as it has a proprietary connector. I think you are better off with an HDMI cable

One downside to the cheaper, regular HDMI cables you can buy, is that you can't get sound to the receiver if you have an older, surround sound receiver that doesn't have HDMI inputs and thus need to use an optical cable. That's because MS puts the optical cable plug on their official component and HDMI cables.

So that's a benefit of getting the official MS HDMI cable--which is, I think, $50 if you buy it separtely.

But if you have a receiver with HDMI, or will just be using the TV speakers (or pass the sound from your TV to your receiver via optical out on the TV) then it's a non-issue.

I've stuck with component since my receiver doesn't have HDMI--and my TVs two HDMI ports are taken by my HD cablebox/DVR and Blu Ray player anyway (both of which get a lot more use than my 360).

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#21 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

I understand that the Fall 09 Elite is all jaspers, so I jumped on that one. I had $95 in amazon credit, so my total for a new Elite and 12+1 xbox live card = $214. Can't complain about that. It'll be here Monday, well before my refurb comes back!

Can't friggin wait!

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#22 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

It appears the Elite Bundle with Fable 2 and Halo 3 has sold out. There are some Amazon used ones but 1 says it's missing the software.

Also the ECA isn't working for me on the Pro 60gb model so I assume it isn't working for Hardware... Which makes sense but I've used it on other game hardware before. Shame.

Also CheapyD... Thanks for putting my on the front page. Hope you like your time back on the East Coast. I'd offer to buy your family lunch but I'm stuck in Arizona for the time being.

Edited by MarkHawk, 28 August 2009 - 05:21 PM.
the thank CheapyD for putting my name on the Front Page.

Posted Image

Goozex | Twitter |

#23 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Can someone confirm if the Elites or Pros on Amazon are the Japser chipsets ones? I had to return the XBox 360 Pro I got from Dell earlier this month because they shipped me a Falcon unit even though the sales rep promised all XBox 360 Pros shipping from Dell are the Jasper models (obviously a mis-representation).

Thanks in advance!

#24 triforcer

triforcer

I'd buy that for a dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

so have there been any reports of jaspers failing? or is it still too new?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

If anybody is still on the fence on getting a 360, these are some great promotions. Too bad everybody on this site already has one.

#26 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

Those are all about $150 more than I want to spend. From what I've seen, XBox 360 is DRMed to high heaven. Can you even use an XBox 360 entirely offline? If I'm going to lease a machine that privides digital services (cell phone, etc), then it needs to be cheap.

#27 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

so have there been any reports of jaspers failing? or is it still too new?

Better, less likely to fail... but there are reports of RRoD Jaspers.
Posted Image

Goozex | Twitter |

#28 Meehkaw

Meehkaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

Yea, i bought one recently from target. It's still within the exchange policy, dunno if I can return it. All these amazon deals blow my deal out of the water ._.a At target they only give u an extra controller, which I already have and don't need/want more :(

#29 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Those are all about $150 more than I want to spend. From what I've seen, XBox 360 is DRMed to high heaven. Can you even use an XBox 360 entirely offline? If I'm going to lease a machine that privides digital services (cell phone, etc), then it needs to be cheap.

That's a common error.

You don't need to be connected to the internet to play anything that is DLC, if you are playing on the Xbox 360 you purchased the content on. If you were to take off your hard drive and bring it to a friends then you'd need to sign into your account through live in order to use that content. But like I said. Using your local machine that you purchased DLC through with no internet is fine.

Plus you can always re-download your content. No limits.

If your 360 ever dies there are way to transfer that DLC license to other Xbox's so you don't always need the internet for that one either.
Posted Image

Goozex | Twitter |

#30 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

Better, less likely to fail... but there are reports of RRoD Jaspers.

I really don't think it's worth worrying about since it's covered for 3 years personally.

Mine's pre-Falcon that I got in Oct. 2007 and I've not had any issues. And if I do I still have over a year of warranty.

I guess if you game a TON and it would be your main console then maybe it's worth it since you don't have to go without for a couple weeks if it needs repaired. But otherwise, it's not that big of a deal which chipset you have IMO since none are foolproof and all have a 3 year RROD warranty.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection