Photo
- - - - -

The Bigs 2 - X360 Version - $29.99 on Amazon!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 dvdactor

dvdactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

After the Bigs 2 on all 3 systems dropped to $39.99 on Amazon, today the 360 version got a little lower.

http://www.amazon.co...51924989&sr=8-1

This was released July 7, less than 2 months old at this point, at half the price of full retail (from when it was released, guess $39.99 is the new retail). I got one with ECA for $26.99!

As of right now, only 360 is marked down, Wii and Ps3 still at $39.99

#2 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Any CAGOpinions about this? MLB2k is always glitchy and I swear gets worst every year... what about The Bigs?

#3 JLazzuri

JLazzuri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Haven't played it myself yet, but liked the first one. It's been $29.99 at Best Buy since Sunday and is part of the BOGO 50% off deal.

#4 ctramont

ctramont

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

Any CAGOpinions about this? MLB2k is always glitchy and I swear gets worst every year... what about The Bigs?

its real fun, dude, try the demo. nothing like MLB2K

#5 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

I bet it's sort of a rolling soon-to-be-official price drop. My Best Buy yesterday was stacked with copies of this game. I fully expect to see in on Amazon for $19.99 relatively soon (i.e., before the end of the World Series). The next one, should there be one, should ship much earlier in the season.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#6 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Loved the first game. It was very arcady, which suited me fine. If you're looking for a baseball sim this is probably not it. I'll pick up the second one for sure when it gets a little cheaper or hits Target clearance. But thanks OP, added it to my Amazon cart to watch-over. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#7 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

It is very fun, the demo gets kind of annoying since every player has like "super powers" (since youre playing in the allstar games)

Im kind of curious of what people think of the Bigs 2 Vs MLB The Show 2(ps3)

#8 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

I got it the other day at BB through the b1g1 1/2 off sale. It's alright if you aren't looking for serious baseball. It's more like a baseball version of NFL Street or NBA Street Homecourt. Fast paced with over the top moves and power-ups. No doubt this will be less than 20 bones soon and likely less than 10 on sale somewhere. Not really worth 30, but if you can pair it with another 30 dollar game using the BB offer, that makes it $22.50.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#9 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

It is very fun, the demo gets kind of annoying since every player has like "super powers" (since youre playing in the allstar games)

Im kind of curious of what people think of the Bigs 2 Vs MLB The Show 2(ps3)

I've only played the demo of Bigs 2 but I think I can pretty safely say that The Show is by far the better baseball game. The Bigs is fun but if you're only getting one, get The Show.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

This game is all about the Home Run Pinball. Though I have to admit that the Become A Legend mode is really good too
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#11 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

It's fun, it's definitely better than MLB2K (what isn't?), but it does get old quickly. I also found the stats to be totally out of whack...in short, I liked it for a couple of weeks but sold it off because it becomes repetitious after a while. Not sure if I'd go with $30. $20 would be a better bet.

#12 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

Game is pretty fun. I got it through my referral program dealie. If you liked the MLB Slugfest series, odds are you'll like this as well.

And really, it's the only good baseball game on 360 right now.

#13 Eric1285

Eric1285

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

Oooh, I had no idea it was $29.99 at Best Buy. I would have jumped all over it while I was there yesterday. Gonna look to see if there are any other $29.99 games at BB that I want. Otherwise I'm ordering it from Amazon with ECA.

#14 therigger

therigger

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

And really, it's the only good baseball game on 360 right now.Posted Image

Agree with that

#15 AceSXE

AceSXE

They Hate Logic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

I want a good sim on the 360.......This is getting ridiculous...........MLB 2k sucks every year.... wtf is going on........that being said i fully expect to be able to get this at 15-20 in the near future in a sale.........thanks for the post though op
Posted Image

#16 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

I've only played the demo of Bigs 2 but I think I can pretty safely say that The Show is by far the better baseball game. The Bigs is fun but if you're only getting one, get The Show.

Would be some trick to get "The Show" on 360.

#17 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

I enjoyed the first one but could never get around to being good at base-running, for some reason the mechanics of it weren't right to me. I bought The Bigs for like $8, would be willing to buy Bigs 2 for $10 or less but for baseball fans this is a great deal.

#18 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

Can anyone recommend a good $30 game to go along with Bigs 2 to make the BB deal worth it? Preferrably a game that just dropped to $30?

#19 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

Left 4 Dead is the only other 29.99 game that seems worth getting in that price bracket. But with l4D 2 around the corner its sure to drop.

Personally id just go up to the 39.99 games and get something like Halo Wars or maybe the bioshock/oblivion combo pack.

Then again halo wars sells for 30 on amazon so you dont end up saving much money, their choices kinda suck.

Might just be better off getting a good 59.99 game that youll enjoy with the bigs 2 for 15$

#20 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

Bigs 1 was pretty dang good but my friend who I played it with got the hang of the timings faster than I did and because I couldn't get over that hurdle, I grew tired of the game and fast.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#21 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

Can anyone recommend a good $30 game to go along with Bigs 2 to make the BB deal worth it? Preferrably a game that just dropped to $30?

Midnight Club LA is a nice game for 29.99.

#22 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:48 AM

Midnight Club LA is a nice game for 29.99.

Very true. But I already have it. I might just get GH5 and Bigs 2 for $15 or get 2 Bigs 2s and get one for a buddy.

#23 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:12 AM

Fable 2 just dropped to $30.

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#24 HelloArby

HelloArby

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:14 AM

Ohh sweet i can pick this up i love The BIGS
Posted Image
Points2Shop
To earn anything from Amazon.com for free
Prizes earned:
Midnight Club:Los Angeles-Xbox 360
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008-Playstation 3
Need For Speed Prostreet-Xbox 360
Next Prize/Goal:
Logitech Driving Force GT-Playstation 3

#25 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:23 AM

Thank you very much for the info! I ended up getting Fable 2 and The Bigs 2 from Best Buy and I forgot I had about $10 in Reward Zone gift certificates, so I got a nice deal at $34 bucks post tax.
Posted Image

I'm not sure how many of you were still interested after the whole MILF thing, but knowing CAG, I'm sure it's a lot of you.