Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian on 360 - $9.99 Brand New

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 dvdactor

dvdactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:57 PM

I was just on GameStop.com browsing the price drops when I noticed Brand New copies of the Night at the Museum game on 360 are listed at $9.99. This game came out in May and from what I heard is a simple and fun 1000/1000 achievements.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=74319

#2 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully this is in store too. I have a couple of games I want to trade that has a little higher value at Game Stop than other places :-o so I was trying to find some things to use my credit with and I've been interested in this one.

It seems like everytime I go to the mall, I come back and there is a post about a deal I would have liked to find while I was at Gamestop :D

Thanks again!

#3 jordie73

jordie73

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the info-I just walked over to my local GS and got the last copy.

#4 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

I love these $9.99 brand new game sales at GS lately! picked up Turning Point CE, Jericho CE, now I may have to get this one...seem's like a ton of locations near me have it!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#5 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

Thanks again for the post. I went to Gamestop today and was able to get the last copy, unfortunately it was gutted, but appears to be in good shape (other than the fact it looked like they dropped the security sticker on the carpet because it was covered in hair :puke: ) I'm excited to play it, I think it looks like fun and I generally like movie games, but wasn't sure if it was worth full price.

So, just wanted to drop in and say thanks again!!

#6 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Contemplating it, it got solid reviews too.

#7 Porpoise King

Porpoise King

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Its a 3 hour game at best. That includes all of the collectibles and achievements too.

#8 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

From what I can tell it got awful reviews and a terrible metacritic score. Still, I'm going to grab a copy for the easy 1k that all the reviews make mention of. Hell, I just bought\played College Hoops 2006 for the chivos, might as well complete my whoring.

Thanks OP, I think. -:)

#9 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for this op. Picked it up yesterday after I saw your post. Not bad actually, I like this simple minded games, especially if their cheap. Played it for an hour and was actually fun, its just a simple collect all the icon and continue, but it was kinda fun, a change from the usual FPS's I play daily.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#10 derspiess

derspiess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

Thanks OP. Had 5 games accumulated that I needed to trade in, and this helped me get the 20% trade-in bonus :)

#11 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:35 AM

isn't there a deal with this game? Buy this and get 50% off Modern Warfare 2.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#12 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

My Downtown Crossing, Boston GS had the discs, like usual with the good sales, it was behind the counter. I picked one up, I'm down to put a few hours into it.

#13 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

Frys also has it for $10.XX.
-Michael

Posted Image

#14 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

picked up last one in my area for the kids, loved the movie.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

I will be getting this today, thanks!

axlrose4183.png

#16 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

Thanks OP, will try and pick this up tonight.

I'm a sucker for those nerd points.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#17 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

You guys can't be serious. The game got awful reviews and it's only 1000 points. Not quite worth my 10 bucks for them.

#18 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

I've played a few shitty games, but I just cant see myself giving this one a go. Still a good deal I guess.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#19 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

You guys can't be serious. The game got awful reviews and it's only 1000 points. Not quite worth my 10 bucks for them.

400 points on Goozex \ Selling for 10.00 on e-bay. If you are the play-then-flip type, worse case scenario is you break even. No arguing the QUALITY of the game though.

#20 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

Its actually a decent game. Not a AAA title, but not crap either.
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#21 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

If it's a three-hour game at most, I guess I'll just grab it for a couple nights from the video store. No use in me trying to get to GS and pay to have it in my collection.

#22 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

bought it today and damn so far it is boring as hell. hopefully it gets better after the first stage.

axlrose4183.png

#23 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

Holy smokes! This just goes to show some people will be almost anything if they think it's a bargain.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#24 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

bought it today and damn so far it is boring as hell. hopefully it gets better after the first stage.

No, it doesn't lol.

But at least it's over in 5 hours (3 hours is really pushing it).

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#25 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:21 AM

I wish shipwreck would review this. I would like to see how he would recommend this since it is so cheap...plus he is on a hot streak with his reviews.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#26 mike95

mike95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

Saw 1 today in my local Gamestop and picked it up. Its still selling for $15 used at amazon. I love free gaming. Thanks OP!

#27 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

I finally got around to opening Night at the Museum yesterday and giving it a quick try. The game seems decent and I think I will like it. Right off the start I have a few things I can tell you (I played for 10 minutes)

1. The camera seems like it is going to be a pain a lot of the time
2. It definitely seems like it will be a very, very quick game
3. It seems really easy and I don't think most gamers would like it
4. I feel the game was a little hard to control, especially at first

some of the quick good:

1. I think the graphics look pretty decent
2. It should be an easy way to get all the trophies (as mentioned before)
3. It seems like it will be a fun game to play through, nice, easy going, simple game, no stress, pressure etc :D

I, personally think I will like the game. It seems like it will be fun to play through, not too challenging, interesting story (still haven't seen the second movie, so I need to do that before playing the game and it should be even more fun) and just a fun "complete the task" type of game. I really think it will be a short game, from playing ten minutes I felt like I made a lot of progress in the game and I think the trophies will be pretty simple to get, which is nice for me. I haven't read through them all, but I'm assuming they won't involve any online, multiplayer, or anything like that, so I should be able to get them all.

For most gamers, I think they will hate the game. However, if you are looking for a quick and simple game to get 1000/1000 achievements for, I think it is worth picking up for $10.

Anyway, just thought I would post a quick mini-review for anyone questioning the game!

Thanks again to the OP for posting this, glad I was able to get it!

#28 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

7.50 at Fry's
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes