Photo
- - - - -

Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

• Please log in to reply
2098 replies to this topic

#1 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
Spoiler

CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

Spoiler

:360::ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25*:wii::ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
Spoiler

PS3 :ps3:
Spoiler

Wii :wii:
Spoiler

PS2 :ps2:
Spoiler

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Edited by XT14, 22 October 2012 - 04:53 PM.
new titles

#2 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

I have ordered from them before and can vouch for their surprisingly excellent disc condition. Inclusion of a manual is only about 50% of the time but the discs are in much better shape than those from GameFly.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#3 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:34 AM

Thanks a ton OP! I've been waiting weeks for Infamous to go on sale for $29.99 at Famvid. My local store has 5 or 6 copies, and they eventually pare down all PS3 games to just 2 or 3 copies by selling off a few. I picked up Killzone 2 for $30 many months ago this way, and I knew I'd be able to get Infamous for $30 if I was patient enough (a hefty CAG backlog helps out in that department). I'll definitely check my local Famvid store first thing tomorrow.

#4 acecombat

acecombat

King of the Skies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

Sweet thanks for the heads up.
Posted Image

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector... The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...

#5 BVIH

BVIH

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

Adding to XT14's list

Red Faction: Guerilla 29.95
Street Fighter 4 19.95

#6 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

I bought Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood at my local store in Newburgh IN. They had Quantum of Solace there also for 9.95 and Ghostbusters for 360 for 29.95.

#7 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

There are some good games, but the closest FV is 160 miles away, according to the website.

#8 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

There are some good games, but the closest FV is 160 miles away, according to the website.

You can order most these online at www.familyvideo.com for the same price and shipping is like 2 bucks. Only thing is that you might not get a manual but you get the case and game so that works better for you. The closest one to me is like 20 miles away but never have the newer games in-stock so I normally get them from the site.

Now, to debate on if I want to wait for Uncharted 2 to drop to the magical $29.95 price point.

Edited by cdeener, 12 September 2009 - 02:42 PM.

Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#9 xxDOYLExx

xxDOYLExx

I Swallowed A Bug

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

Just my two cents...COJ:BIB is a great game if you are on the fence just buy it.

#10 xxDOYLExx

xxDOYLExx

I Swallowed A Bug

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

You can order most these online at www.familyvideo.com for the same price and shipping is like 2 bucks. Only thing is that you might not get a manual but you get the case and game so that works better for you. The closest one to me is like 20 miles away but never have the newer games in-stock so I normally get them from the site.

Now, to debate on if I want to wait for Uncharted 2 to drop to the magical $29.95 price point.

enjoy your wait for Uncharted 2, seriously theres being cheap and then theres being silly. This game will be worth MSRP, but ill bet you can get it for less at release

#11 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

enjoy your wait for Uncharted 2, seriously theres being cheap and then theres being silly. This game will be worth MSRP, but ill bet you can get it for less at release

I probably will get it before it hits that price but it is nice to know it will be there down the line. More than likely I will get it from Gamestop with some trades.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#12 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

They are a good site, I bought from them...but just a FYI...if you do get a bad disc, it is up to you to pay for replacement shipping. Most sites do this I guess...but just so you know.
:bouncy:My beef bayonet is golden brown:bouncy:

#13 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

^^^they will replace in store...granted that would require you to be near a store..but....anyway..

#14 scavy

scavy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

but the discs are in much better shape than those from GameFly.

There's something better than pristine? :)
----
Scavy

#15 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

Stopped by my local Famvid store today looking for Infamous, and it was indeed on sale for $29.99. They had five copies of the game, three of which were for sale. Only one copy had a manual, so I made sure to take that copy to the front counter. Thanks again for the tip, OP. Great deal!

#16 ethaned

ethaned

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:18 PM

I went to my local FV in Carrollton, TX. I picked up Too Human for 9.95 and GH Metallica for 19.95. Both for the 360.

#17 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

new changes in bold as of monday

#18 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

question about this.
My local famvid has something on their marquee about games for $14.95. Does the half off membership work for purchasing games in store? I just moved, and I get half off my first month.

#19 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hmm...Mario Power Tennis is showing as $19.95 on the website. Here's hoping they drop the price to match in store :)
Posted Image

#20 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

Didn't even know I had a local store until today. Going to call and check for local copies of some of this. I do enjoy disc inspection when I can get it.

#21 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

I checked the site, and infamous is selling for a lot more than $30.
To each his own.

#22 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

I checked the site, and infamous is selling for a lot more than $30.

It's $30 used, but they don't have any used copies online. You'll have to find it at a Famvid store if there are any in your area.

#23 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

question about this.
My local famvid has something on their marquee about games for $14.95. Does the half off membership work for purchasing games in store? I just moved, and I get half off my first month.

the marquee would have been advertising the half off special which you can continue after your first month of membership. For 14.95 you can continue to get half off of any movie or game rentals for the next 30 days. Unfortunately this does not work on any purchases.

Edited by XT14, 19 October 2009 - 08:03 PM.
update

#24 Terrenceistheman

Terrenceistheman

Internet Mayor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

that is a great deal for prototype, red faction, and wolfenstein.. thanks OP!

#25 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Mario Power Tennis for 9.95 ? thanks op.

#26 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Wish I had a FV around. Still, a great deal on some of these, even with S&H added in.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#27 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

prices updated...nothing new to add, just 3 price drops

#28 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

Sweet price drops on Overlord 2 and Punch out. Will definitely be going to check this out later today.

#29 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

gah, I've been looking for a Punch-Out deal since it came out and I just drove by a family video in another town. The cag in me said, "C'mon, you know you want to go deal hunting!" but the husband in me said "It's your anniversary jackass, let it go for a day." Guess who won.

#30 guessed

guessed

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

gah, I've been looking for a Punch-Out deal since it came out and I just drove by a family video in another town. The cag in me said, "C'mon, you know you want to go deal hunting!" but the husband in me said "It's your anniversary jackass, let it go for a day." Guess who won.

Let us know how you like the game ;)
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.