- - - - -

King of the Hill Series Finale: 9/13

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

Posted Image

Tomorrow night at 8 PM, King of the Hill ends its 12-year run with a one hour series finale. Afterwards, the 8:30 timeslot will go to "The Cleveland Show." FOX originally ordered 6 more episodes, but will only be airing the following two for the finale. The others will be shown (eventually) in syndication, possibly on Adult Swim.

8:00 PM: "The Boy Can't Help It"
Spoiler

8:30: "To Sirloin With Love"
Spoiler

I'm really going to miss this show. I've watched from beginning to end, and it's sad to see it go, especially to "The Cleveland Show."

Edited by Mr. Beef, 13 September 2009 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Mojimbo

Mojimbo

Ashes to Ashes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

Is this a real series finale? I heard Mike Judge on NPR saying that the last time they thought they were cancelled they wrote an episode that wrapped things up but they had to rewrite it after Fox picked the show back up.

#3 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

I didn't even know Fox ordered more episodes. I thought the show was done.

Huh.

#4 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:06 AM

I think there were six episodes made (including the two mentioned), but they finally decided to not renew it. The unaired episodes are eventually going to be aired in syndication.

Posted Image

#5 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

This sucks :cry:

Fuckin' Cleveland Show...

Posted Image

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

'bout time!

Spoiler

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:51 AM

Fox really does love to shit on the shows that made it the network it is today. Sad to see such a great show end.

Posted Image

#8 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

the show died to me once they killed off cotton he was one of the funniest characters they had not to mention i never got why they didnt do a follow up of hanks japanese brother like having him come to texas. the older episodes come on cn still so i wont miss it too much.

#9 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:39 AM

the show died to me once they killed off cotton he was one of the funniest characters they had not to mention i never got why they didnt do a follow up of hanks japanese brother like having him come to texas. the older episodes come on cn still so i wont miss it too much.

I think that was one of the things they did (Cotton dying) to tie up the series. Then they found out that they were going to keep going for another year or two.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#10 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:42 AM

I have no issue with King of the Hill ending. It sucks that we're not seeing a proper end (unless the four episodes are going to be a proper end) What I have an issue with is The Cleaveland Show being the replacement. What a horrible, shitty replacement for KotH.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#11 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:51 AM

I didn't even know Fox ordered more episodes. I thought the show was done.

Huh.

Yeah, I thought I remembered reading a topic like this one last year...

#12 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:08 AM

It's not surprising (I expected as such eventually with Cotton's death that one season), but it is a shame that such a great show is ending. Why not stop American Dad or something instead? Hell, next thing we know, the Simpsons will end somehow and the 8-10 block will be nothing but Seth MacFarlane shows.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#13 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:18 AM

There was a toy collectables show in San Antonio awhile back and Jonathan Joss, who does the voice of John Redcorn, was saying that they were hoping and pushing to possibly get a spot for KOTH to comeback on ABC since they were trying to aim for a animated series. If I remember correctly The Goode Family was done to test the waters.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#14 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:42 AM

It's not surprising (I expected as such eventually with Cotton's death that one season), but it is a shame that such a great show is ending. Why not stop American Dad or something instead? Hell, next thing we know, the Simpsons will end somehow and the 8-10 block will be nothing but Seth MacFarlane shows.

Really it's just 1 McFarlane show.

American Dad is really just a rip-off of Family Guy with different characters, but similar roles.

The Cleveland show will be shit. How long will it really last? One season? I just don't see it being very good and it will probably have the same old Family Guy/ American Dad humor that got Family Guy cancelled once already.

The thing about Cartoon Network is that they have already started repeating episodes of King of the Hill, just like they do Family Guy, (TBS is even worse). I figure they only have rights to certain seasons or something, since DVD collections are still selling and by making it all available for "free" no one would buy the discs.

Give it a few years and if Mike Judge wants to keep it alive, someone will bring it back, just like Futurama (and to a lesser extent Ren & Stimpy).

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#15 Finess

Finess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:59 AM

I'd watch the Cleveland Show over KOTH, I'm sure I'll get more laughs out of 1 episode than 1 season of KotH.

Someone really need to pay the Invader Zim guys a ton of money for their genius and bring it back.
Posted Image

#16 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

Well an an hr and a 1/2 of McFarlane..sigh what is the world coming too.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#17 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

………………_„-,-~~::::::':::::::::~-,~„
…………._,-:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::-„
……,,,..,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
………,-'::::::::::::„:„„-~-~--'~-'~--~-~--~--~„:,'
……..,'::::::::::,~: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '-|
……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''¯¯-„: : : : : :\
……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~~-„: : : : : '|
……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~~~'''-„…_..„~'''''''¯¯|¯",
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|¯¯''|: ~---„_: |¯¯|
……..,~-,_/: : : |: :(o___ ): : |: : : :|:(o___): \.. |
……../,'-,: : : : : -,_______,-: : : : -„______\-'
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : :\
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :: : ¯~~: ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: : : | ---------------- Dang it, Fox!
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
…………..|: :-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
…………..',: : :-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……………| : : : : : : : : :_ : : : : : : : : : : ,-'
……………|: : : : : : : : : : '~----------~: :,'
…………._|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
……….„-. '-,_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……,-. . . . . ~-„_: : : : : : : : : : : : :,--„

Yeah, we need ASCII Hank.

#18 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

If you watch the episode where Luanne gets married, it's pretty clear Judge wanted to end the series right then. All the secondary characters are attending (you see Duly, Dale's dad, etc), Cotton rehashes one of his first lines ("Mr. Kahn, I'll have a Mai Tai."), and the four guys gather at the fence for a beer to talk about "the enormity of it all." It's overwhelmingly clear that it was meant to seal everything up.

Then Fox asked for more episodes to be made. This is why they had Cotton killed off, amongst other small things.

I'm just glad the series gets a final ending point. It's a shame Fox doesn't understand anything about their own shows, but that's never stopped them before. So I'll be watching the finale and be happy with that.

Really, I just want the final seasons to be put on DVD. Why they won't do that bothers me to no end - I'm thinking the recent shift to Adult Swim has given the show a bit more broad appeal, so now would be the best time to do so. Oh well.

I couldn't really get into the Goode Family, but I had the same reaction with KoTH came out way back when. So I'll give it another shot, assuming the Wiki is right in claiming it will return on another network, since ABC has canceled it. ABC might be the only other network with a worse reputation with animated shows than Fox.

Mostly I just hate seeing so much change over time. No more KoTH, Cartoon Network is shifting away from cartoons, Syfy. Everything is just imploding under the weight of a bunch of idiots demanding that people want more reality shows since they cost so little to make.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#19 mis0

mis0

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:39 AM

What the Fuck FOX.

Canceling the greatest show in their little cartoon lineup? Dumb move. Well.. probably not the best show, but I'm pretty damned sure that King of the Hill has a ton of loyal watchers (I know I'm one). I fucking love this show and I was hella pissed when I heard they were cutting it this season. If you ordered 6 episodes, might as well show the rest and give it the proper finale it deserves. I'll probably not be watching Fox anymore 'side for the occasional Simpson's episodes because I'm not a huge fan of Family Guy or any of the other shows.

Damn it, Fox.

[mis0's tradelist]

#20 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'll miss this show. I'll make sure to watch the last episode.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#21 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

Scenes like this are what made me enjoy the show so much.

Posted Image

#22 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

I always hated the show. I never got why watching a bunch of dumb rednecks was funny.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#23 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:24 PM

I always hated the show. I never got why watching a bunch of dumb rednecks was funny.

because its real in a fake kind of way. theyre al just avg people dealing with normal and sometimes not so normal things. its basically the oposite of the simpsons.

#24 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Really, I just want the final seasons to be put on DVD. Why they won't do that bothers me to no end - I'm thinking the recent shift to Adult Swim has given the show a bit more broad appeal, so now would be the best time to do so. Oh well.

I'd love to have the rest of the series on DVD, but Fox's change to being as cheap as possible for the season 3 to 6 sets makes me a bit hesitant. They changed to making them double-sided DVD's, stopped doing commentary, and doing away with any other special features. The commentary was probably the most disappointing thing since they did something different with them by having the characters themselves talking about what's happening like they're just actors in a sitcom (Bobby, Luanne, and Peggy talking about the Mannequin Make out episode).

They really need to put out the old episodes, but not at the expense of the stuff that made the first two seasons a great purchase.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#25 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

Well I have not had fox on my tv since they announced that Terminator was going to get canned. I guess I will have to watch tonight as I just started to get back into king of the hill thanks to adult swim. I have not watched since around season 3 or earlyer.
Posted Image

#26 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

I'd love to have the rest of the series on DVD, but Fox's change to being as cheap as possible for the season 3 to 6 sets makes me a bit hesitant. They changed to making them double-sided DVD's, stopped doing commentary, and doing away with any other special features. The commentary was probably the most disappointing thing since they did something different with them by having the characters themselves talking about what's happening like they're just actors in a sitcom (Bobby, Luanne, and Peggy talking about the Mannequin Make out episode).

They really need to put out the old episodes, but not at the expense of the stuff that made the first two seasons a great purchase.

I never really bother with extras, but I have to admit that the style you're describing sounds hilarious. I'll have to check them out.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#27 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

It's a real shame KotH is going off the air. It's legit one of the best shows on the cesspool of television.

#28 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:09 AM

"If we were a deck of cards, Bobby would be the king of hearts. 2 of us would be the jokers and one of us would be the card with the rules on it"

I lold hard at that line

#29 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:01 AM

"Team spirit. It's like the Holy Spirit, but more powerful."

Excellent ending episode. Boomhauer is some sort of police officer?

Now I finally know what episode Duff Goldman did voices in. I remember on his show that there was one where they did voicework, but I'd never seen it.

So long, Hank. You're not really going anywhere, but it's nice to know where you've been.

Posted Image

#30 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:03 AM

I was impartial. I wish there was a bit more of a conclusion, but I dont hate this by any means