491 replies to this topic

#1 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:58 AM

New Official Confirmation
http://blog.us.plays...3-marches-west/

After months upon months of requests, a myriad of rumors, and even full campaigns that speak to the unparalleled dedication of the fans, we can finally speak those words that all of you have been waiting anxiously to hear. So, here they are:

Yakuza 3 is coming West.

General Information
- Release Date: March 9th, 2010
- Demo has been released on PSN
- Game will be subtitled in English, but will retain the original Japanese Voice Acting (which is awesome)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gamestop Pre-Order Bonus

Reserve Yakuza 3 and get the GameStop Exclusive Challenge Pack. Challenge your friends in 2-player mini-games including pool, darts, bowling , or take in a round of golf! This special pre-sell offer also includes a selection of four different outfits for Haruka, Kazuma and Rikiya to wear.

Completed game save file required to access outfits. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original Rumor
http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3176109

And while this is still not the official confirmation many are seeking, it's definitely reason to keep up hope.

So I guess is this is where I say "yeah!", but I don't know much about the franchise. I know a lot of people want it to come West, though.

Edited by KingBroly, 13 March 2010 - 12:56 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2 rickshankshaw

rickshankshaw

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

Time to hurry up and beat my import and sell it

Posted Image

If you didn't know, now you know.

Yakuza 3.

Join the gang.

#3 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

I'd buy it day 1 if it came out in the U.S.

#4 rickshankshaw

rickshankshaw

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

Demo review - It's excruciating. The review not the demo.

A better review.

#5 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:58 AM

I'd buy it day 1 if it came out in the U.S.

Same. Though I really want the samurai spinoffs more. Hopefully both are getting localized.

#6 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

i tried the demo and i didnt like the fighting but it seems like theres alot more to do in the game than that like mackin on hostesses. id buy it reduced price if it had japanese voices with english subbing.

#7 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:04 AM

You play any of the other Yakuza games?

#8 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:13 AM

I hope this doesn't end up being some cruel joke.

PLZPLZPLZPLZPLPZLPZLLZPZLPZLPZLPLZPLZL be for realz.

#9 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

I trust 1UP enough to believe this to be true. Yay!

#10 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#11 rickshankshaw

rickshankshaw

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:56 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Just leave. You hate everything.

#12 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:05 AM

After Tatsunoku vs. Capcom anything is possible.
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#13 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

I didn't even know 1up was still around, I still haven't finished the first one but that's just cause it started messing up on my 80gig ps3 and I have the second one still wrapped but I would definitely pick this up, enjoyed what I've played so far. This and Valkyria Chronicles are the only great series segas got going.

#14 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

I hope this is coming, but Sega still dropped the ball - this past July would have been the perfect time to release Yakuza 3 - after Infamous and before Batman. A PS3 exclusive that is considered AAA by most would have had the attention all to itself, instead it might get lost in the sea of 2010 releases. I only point this out because Sega could use less-than-stellar sales as an excuse to stop releasing titles like this.
\\:D/

#15 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

First day purchase for myself as well.

#16 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

Just leave. You hate everything.

No, I'm just a jaded asshole with high standards.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#17 rickshankshaw

rickshankshaw

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

You're still saying you hate everything. Next I thing I know, I bet you'll complain that characters with slanted eyes don't meet the high standards of your jaded asshole and that's why Yakuza 3 is up on your trade list.

I bet you're thinking about it already.

#18 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

You're also a super bitch.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#19 imascrub

imascrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

awwww yeaaa
hope they can get it out before the end of the year. Will be busy with uncharted in oct, ass creed 2 in nov, yakuza could pick up the slack between then and ff13
Posted Image

#20 darth007

darth007

Brand New Eyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

You know how MGS4 made people buy the PS3? This game will finally make me buy a PS3. The moment they officially announce this for the States, I'm gonna stop buying everything gaming related except for Modern Warfare 2 and save up for The Adventures of Kazuma part 3.

#21 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

I do hope it's true. I enjoyed the first two games.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#22 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

You know how MGS4 made people buy the PS3? This game will finally make me buy a PS3. The moment they officially announce this for the States, I'm gonna stop buying everything gaming related except for Modern Warfare 2 and save up for The Adventures of Kazuma part 3.

i think the mgs4 bundle sold more ps3s then the actual game did. you got 2 games and a new ds3 controller and it still had bc. thats what sold me moreso than the mgs game.

#23 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Localized better mean subbed, not dubbed.

#24 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

Localized means subbed and dubbed and it would be stupid if it didn't.

#25 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

It will most likely be dubbed also because SCEA requires retail games to have English voiceacting, unless they've moved onto a newer console (which is why Yakuza 2 and Mega Man X6 was able to get away with this). Many publishers have confirmed the law SCEA sets, mostly because we live in an English speaking country. Whether Sega includes Japanese voices with it is another story.

#26 Bootleg Zani

Bootleg Zani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Literally the only game that will make me buy a PS3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

OMG! My dream of playing Karaoke mini games will finally be fulfilled!!! HOO HOO!!

Seriously, I have no idea how Sega is going to handle the localization of this part. I personally love the idea of this since I'm a fan of Japanese music and karaoke fairly often w/ friends, but I can imagine many gamers who aren't used to either going to give a big :-s.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#28 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

It will most likely be dubbed also because SCEA requires retail games to have English voiceacting, unless they've moved onto a newer console (which is why Yakuza 2 and Mega Man X6 was able to get away with this). Many publishers have confirmed the law SCEA sets, mostly because we live in an English speaking country. Whether Sega includes Japanese voices with it is another story.

Though I can't find the source now, I read a rumour a few days ago that Sega was shopping Yakuza 3 around to other localizers (Atlus, Ignition, NISA, Xseed, etc.) to translate the game and possibly publish it, so Sega wouldn't need to take the risk. The folks over at NeoGAF are speculating that Ignition Entertainment may be handling this one, due to the Shane Bettenhausen-1up connection (Shane is the Director of Business Development at IE, he was previously an Associate Editor at 1up, up until the UGO thing).

#29 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:55 AM

I'm not quite sure if that requirement still applies, as Record of Agarest War is confirmed to be Japanese voice track only. 'Course, that game is downloadable only. Sony should know that this game is only going to appeal to a fairly small subset of the gaming community, and leveraging the requirement to have an English voice track will only cost Sega more than they could likely get on their investment.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#30 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:28 AM

It's a requirement for all games to be dubbed into English (or subbed, if there isn't VA). Honestly, I'd put it on Japanese VA if it had it, because I'm told it's fantastic.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image