Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/20/09 - 9/26/09) Halo 3: ODST w/$20 GC & Figure at TRU

• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#1 stevemoco

stevemoco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

All video games $19.99 and under B2G1

Halo ODST-$59.99 with $20 GC plus Halo ODST rookie action figure ($12 value) ALL WEEK LONG

Wii Birthday Party Bash-$29.99 with $20 Pizza Hut GC

Wii Scooby Doo First Frights-$39.99
Scooby Doo The Mystery Begins DVD-$19.99
($15 GC when you buy both)

Wii Extreme Challenge-$49.99

Wii TMNT Smashup-$39.99

If someone wants to walk me through posting the ad scan shoot me a pm

There is a ad for 9/12 to 9/19 I only posted this for the ODST deal

Edited by stevemoco, 04 September 2009 - 08:43 AM.

#2 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:08 AM

I think I know where I'm getting ODST.

#3 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

I wasn't planning on getting ODST but I might bite on this deal since I have the $30 GC from Batman.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 MrSpug

MrSpug

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

damn, this is a good deal. I have it paid for from best buy....but this is way too good a deal to pass up.
Texture Artist - Carbine Studios - NcSoft

I MAKE ARTS!

#5 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:21 AM

I'll be using the Batman $30 GC on this too most likely. TRU knows how to get money.
I was trying to gold box ODST, but the trick is no longer working for me (even with a second account).

I'm guessing that it is this figure.
http://www.entertain...?number=MF18461
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#6 maxgeek

maxgeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

I'd rather cancel my BB order and pick this up.

#7 wetmayo

wetmayo

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

They already have an ad out for that far ahead? So I have to wait until 9/20 before the 19.99 and under B2G1 deal?

#8 gameboykid14

gameboykid14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

I would rather they kept the action figure and gave me another $30 gift card like I got with Batman AA.

#9 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

I would rather they kept the action figure and gave me another $30 gift card like I got with Batman AA.

I agree. I would go for that option any day. I'm sure it is a tactic to 1) reduce actual loss of money (since there is about $4-$5 profit in a $12 figure) and 2) get more people started on the Halo action figure series and sell more toys.

TRU's Batman AA deal was their best launch deal since $25 GC + preorder coin with Super Mario Galaxy.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#10 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:13 AM

did they drop the 3 from the title to signify that it won't be an expansion?

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#11 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

I certainly hope the content of this game is more than just expansion quality. I know that is what it started out as.

#12 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

Nope, it's still there:

http://image.com.com...19796_front.jpg

#13 darkclawsofchaos

darkclawsofchaos

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

how big is the figure? 6" or 12", or is it one of those crappy 2.5" ones

#14 Gerbar

Gerbar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

This reminds me, how horrible the Chris figure was for the RE5 CE

#15 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

This reminds me, how horrible the Chris figure was for the RE5 CE

don't forget also about the figurine in street fighter 4 le what a major ripoff that was. Anyways, halo 3 odst is just like an expansion. It's a new campaign that is after halo 2 and right before halo 3. It's got a firefight mode which is like horde of gears of war 2 and it comes with all the previous content from halo 3 plus the 3 new dlc maps. I was thinking of trading in halo 3 at gamestop and using that credit towards a pre-order so it would boost my credit and then i'd just buy this. Tru stay giving good deals and don't see anyone comparing to them. Oh by the way, if you already have halo 3 and don't care for the campaign then just stick with your halo 3 game and purchase the 3 dlc maps for the 800 ms points that they usually cost.

#16 AndyKoopa

AndyKoopa

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

There is no deal for TMNT Smash Up? That comes out the same week.
Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL saved thanks to CAG: $211.00

#17 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

I think this is the deal so far I am going with, if they keep this up with Brutal Legend and Assassins Creed 2 then you will "ALMOST" get assassins Creed 2 free after the combined Gift Cards in the end (or Brutal legend and AC 2 20ish dollars off a piece LOL not free but still great deal for release titles LOL)

Also from what I have seen because I have wanted an Open complete Marcus Fenix Figure apparently on EBAY you can sell both sealed and open game figures for 12$ LOL, hence I haven't gotten a Marcus Fenix Figure yet.
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#18 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Quick question if you pre-order/purchase at TRU do you still get the "Halo Reach" beta invite and the code to play as SGT. Johnson in multiplayer or are they Gamestop exclusives for bonuses?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#19 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

I might bite on this....This seems better than the amazon deal, even with tax. Plus, I can tell my wife that the GC can be used for diapers for my baby.....Makes buying that much easier....

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#20 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

I guessing it is this one:
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3369928
McFarlane Halo 3 ODST Series 6 - ODST Soldier - The Rookie
From Entertainment Earth:

Fresh from the fight in the wildly popular Halo video game series, this super-detailed ODST Soldier The Rookie Action Figure stands approximately 6-inches tall and arrives with game-specific accessories. He's raring to have a go at your collection right now!

Spoiler

Posted Image

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#21 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

wondering about the preorder stuff too.. Anyone here have the 9/13 ad? If i could get a 20.00 GC with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 also... Id be all set...

#22 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

I don't think most TRU stores will allow you to use a gift card to pay for a package deal that comes with a gift card. I tried using a gift card to pay for Batman AA and the employee told me the computer wouldn't allow it.

#23 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

wasnt goign to get halo odst but now I may have to.

#24 Eric1285

Eric1285

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

I think the Amazon deal still works out to be better, especially if you were able to get it in your Gold Box and stack an ECA coupon on it. This isn't bad though, especially if you don't have Prime and want to have it the day it's released.

#25 M1C13

M1C13

AKA MCHammer XIII

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

I will have to do this if my BOGO 50% at Best Buy falls through.
Posted Image

#26 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

I don't think most TRU stores will allow you to use a gift card to pay for a package deal that comes with a gift card. I tried using a gift card to pay for Batman AA and the employee told me the computer wouldn't allow it.

I used a gift card to pay for Batman. Maybe the gift card has to be less/equal to the amount of the game you're paying for?

#27 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Quick question if you pre-order/purchase at TRU do you still get the "Halo Reach" beta invite and the code to play as SGT. Johnson in multiplayer or are they Gamestop exclusives for bonuses?

The Halo: Reach beta is included with all ODST games. You get the Sgt Johnson code from preordering the game (not just gamestop)

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#28 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Wow, TRU is really doing a good job with their ads/promotions.

If I buy this game then it will be at TRU.

Thanks to the OP for sharing.

#29 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the info. I'd been holding out on pre-ordering wanting a good deal.....I knew somebody would have something to make it worth it. This is where I'll get mine.

#30 Steve0Matic

Steve0Matic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

TRU ad deals 3 weeks out? Nice job OP! Was going to pass on ODST, but deals like this make it tough. May just have to bite now. Keep up the good deals TRU!