• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

http://www.amazon.co...53485304&sr=8-1

Not a fantastic game, but if you like shooting T-xxxx's then it might be worth it at this price.

Posted Image

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#2 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Not even worth this price IMO, this is just a really bad game.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#3 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Wow, it drop like a bullet but still too much!
"Evil is Funs"

#4 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yea, I think you would really have to be a fan to get any enjoyment out of it.

My Trade list:

#5 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

Not that I'm talking about this game specifically, but this goes in the LONG list of games that go on sale for great prices when PS3 owners get shafted on game sales. Probably from the margin of profit on DVD9 vs. Blu-ray, but still...:bomb:

#6 testaroo

testaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

Even with ECA discount it's not worth it people. Save your money. You'll be fighting same stupid flying robots and four legged robots throughout the entire game. Game is really bad. Loading is atrocious as game loads everytime you die. Voice works is terrible as the mouths don't even move. Even for easy achievements the game is bad. I can't stress enough how bad the game is.

#7 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:54 PM

Yea, I think you would really have to be a fan to get any enjoyment out of it.

Im a huge Terminator fan and hated the game, worth a rental at best because this game is absolutely terrible.

#8 Bigandtasty

Bigandtasty

Why should it goes well?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

Even for 5 hours of gameplay that's kinda iffy. I got 80+ out of Mass Effect and Burnout Paradise at that price.

:whee:                           :whee:

More giveaways on Twitter!

My guide to passive earning on your mobile devices!

#9 budz

budz

I like bananas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

ouch. so are you saying I shouldn't get it? :p If you buy a movie game w/o checking out the review, you get what you deserve. I checked it, and I ain't buying.

#10 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

:lol:
Now I want it out of morbid curiosity.

Is is Black Site A:51 bad? Or *shudders* HAZE bad?

My Trade list:

#11 KarcassmaKer

KarcassmaKer

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:34 AM

Chalk this up as some cheap achievements. Bought it for $18 with ECA

#12 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:36 AM

Chalk this up as some cheap achievements. Bought it for $18 with ECA

Easy peasey cheeses? That's another story- if they are easy.

My Trade list:

#13 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

Easy peasey cheese? Yes please.

Thanks Op, picked this up with ECA, mostly for the cheesemints.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#14 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:28 AM

Easy peasey cheese? Yes please.

Thanks Op, picked this up with ECA, mostly for the cheesemints.

Easy peasey in the sense that you just have to beat the game on Easy, then use a second gamertag and you can get the achievements for beating the game on normal and hard. As others have said, this game is definitely rental only. I made the mistake of almost getting it off Goozex but I rented it first and beat it within 6 hours, getting all 1000 achievement points. I even thought the rental price was way too high.

Not that this game is unplayable, it's just sloppy gamemaking. It's repetitive and dull and doesn't follow the movie plot at all. Someone else said you shoot the same enemies over and over and I thought for sure that couldn't be true, but it is. You shoot flying robots, spider robots, and T1000s the ENTIRE game. There is no other enemy except for turrets.
Posted Image

#15 freakalator

freakalator

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:50 AM

Meh I'll wait For the price drop when it's free :)

#16 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:03 AM

this game is definitely only a rental. the only way I would have bought this is if I found it at that HWV $5 sale.
Posted Image

#17 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

Honestly i would pick this game up when it hits the $10 price tag.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#18 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:11 AM

Honestly i would pick this game up when it hits the $10 price tag.

Me too..20 bucks is pushing it

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#19 xodome

xodome

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:14 AM

I agree with just about everyone in here. This game is no where near worth $20. If I'm not mistaken, all it has is a short single player campaign, lol.

#20 Hsith

Hsith

Black Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

Easy peasey in the sense that you just have to beat the game on Easy, then use a second gamertag and you can get the achievements for beating the game on normal and hard.

Actually, you can finish it on Hard with a Co-op Partner, took me 4 hours =/. Horrible game, not even worth $20.

#21 dn3g3l

dn3g3l

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:41 AM

is this game wost than matt hazzard eat lead?

#22 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:51 AM

I never played this game and even at $20 I won't, but I got Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard for the $10 (or was it $20?) at BB and I enjoyed the game for the dialog. The gameplay could have been better, but it was a gem of a game simply for the dialog.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#23 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:04 AM

I rented this and Eat Lead over the summer with the Blockbuster summer escape deal. Eat Lead was actually somewhat enjoyable. my only complaint with that game was that it was consistently OK. never really good, never really bad. just constantly in that 'meh' state; not the kind of game I would like to play again.

Terminator Salvation, however, was flat out terrible. The only redeeming quality about this game is that it only lasted about 4 and a half hours. That rental ended up costing me $2.50, and I grossly overpaid for that. Wouldn't want to own this game, ever. If I had to get it though, I wouldn't pay a penny over $5.

#24 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

If I didn't spend so much money the past few weeks and be spending more on games in the next few weeks I would pick this up for 20. However the way I see it they made a game based off of a movie that sucked so the game has to be shit. All other movie games have sucked in the past and some of them were based off of good movies.

As for the "You shoot flying robots, spider robots, and T1000s the ENTIRE game." What do you expect. In the movie they fought the same things. They would shoot at and blow up Flying HKs, Ground HKs, T-<insert model number here>. To expect to shoot more is expecting to much.

Like I said I would get this but spent to much already. I will pick this up at some point but for no more than 20 bucks. I only want to see how bad it is and how much they are shitting on two of my favorite movies of all time being Terminator and T2.
Posted Image

#25 knotfan123

knotfan123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

i got this from gamefly....it wasnt worth the postage it cost to send it...the game is ridiculously short...terrible on all fronts imo

#26 wolvinator

wolvinator

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

I own it. While it's not high quality, it is still somewhat fun. I enjoyed Blacksite as well. Probably have to really like that type genre to enjoy less polished games like this.

#27 yort9

yort9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

$10 max for this game, it is an easy 1000 pts though for anyone looking for achievements. Campaign takes like 3-4 hours even the hardest mode.

#28 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

I own it. While it's not high quality, it is still somewhat fun. I enjoyed Blacksite as well. Probably have to really like that type genre to enjoy less polished games like this.

Finally a like minded individual. Twenty bucks is my sweet spot. The biggest issue I had was the load times. They are long and you had to go through them everytime you died. I also enjoyed Blacksite, Dammation, Haze and Fracture so some may question my taste. I plays games for fun, so as long as I am getting some enjoyment, it's all good.
Posted Image

#29 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

This game sucks even for a rental. IF you are an achievement whore, though, this is right up your ally. Takes about 5 hours or so to get all 1000 GP. They are all story related and you cannot miss them.

#30 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

This game is not worth $5.