[DEAD] Halo 3 ODST - $50.99 + $10 Videogame Credit @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
550 replies to this topic

#1 milkzhakes

milkzhakes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

kind of a little angry at his mainly because i preordered 2 month ago and game shipped at 59.99. *sorry about rant.* So if anyone has hold off on buying ODST now is a good time. if you are an ECA member it would come out to 45.89 with 10 gift card.

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

UPDATE
amazon as always is good to their word and if you contact them either through email or phone they will refund you back the $9.
hope everyone gets their money back :) remember just quote them their policy as stated
"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price." and "Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

Props for the quick thinking prateeko and prozium

Edited by milkzhakes, 22 September 2009 - 08:21 AM.
not good at posting links :P/ Update 1

#2 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

Wow. >_>

I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago.

#3 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

Fuck Amazon, I'm going to refuse the package and have this one sent.

#4 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

Wow. Talk about a slap in the face.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Tyrannical

Tyrannical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

Ha, ha. It pays to wait, and I'm glad I did. :lol:

#6 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

so there is no way to get the difference if you pre order?
Posted Image

#7 milkzhakes

milkzhakes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:34 AM

@ everyone above me. i know im mad too know they shipped my package at 59.99 and they price drop 12 minutes later. talk about a bitch slap. from what i know you can try contacting customer service and see if they will at least give you some crdit since the price drop was almost, if not, immediate. i'm going to try later. i'll post if i'm succesful on getting something.

#8 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

#9 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

so there is no way to get the difference if you pre order?

Looks like they don't price match so we're screwed unless we refuse the package and re-order.

@ everyone above me. i know im mad too know they shipped my package at 59.99 and they price drop 12 minutes later. talk about a bitch slap. from what i know you can try contacting customer service and see if they will at least give you some crdit since the price drop was almost, if not, immediate. i'm going to try later. i'll post if i'm succesful on getting something.

Good luck and please post your results either way.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 RobertEffenHorry

RobertEffenHorry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:38 AM

Sweet..got it for $43.49 with eca discount since it was in my goldbox quick picks today.

#11 sirplue

sirplue

is truly, outrageous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:39 AM

this is some steaming billscat... oh, I'm def. gonna fire off an email. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

(if that doesn't work I'll go one step further and call...)

#12 Prozium

Prozium

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:39 AM

Hopefully amazon refunds everyone the $10. This is what it says in their own support page. Since release-day delivery orders technically shipped on Sept 21st this should apply.

http://www.amazon.co...68502#guarantee

"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us box on the right side of any Help page."

#13 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Actually, I called, read them their own price guarantee "Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price." and they refunded me $9. Add the ECA, GoldBox, and the $10 + $5 GC (and $5 MP3) coming in this is one helluva deal!

#14 SAGAhawkguy

SAGAhawkguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

not cool Amazon... totally not cool.

Why bother preorder then?

#15 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

E-mailed them about it since I chose release date delivery. I should easily get the difference back.

#16 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:43 AM

I am not a big Halo fan, but I own all of them to date (yeah I know I know) and with 2x ECA and a $10 I have already this comes to $30 plus I got $10 still...I am tempted but I rather save my credit for something I'd play more. If I did pre-order this I would seriously be ticked and I would contact amazon ASAP for my refund/credit/promotion credit.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#17 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:44 AM

Actually, I called, read them their own price guarantee "Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price." and they refunded me $9. Add the ECA, GoldBox, and the $10 + $5 GC (and $5 MP3) coming in this is one helluva deal!

What's the link to where it says "end of the day of the release date"? The link that was posted doesn't contain that exact wording.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

It's in the email they send when they ship it and on every pre-order page. It's no longer on the ODST page since the game isn't pre-order anymore...

#19 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

It's in the email they send when they ship it and on every pre-order page. It's no longer on the ODST page since the game isn't pre-order anymore...

Thanks. Just fired off an email to Amazon.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:50 AM

I emailed them. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Did everyone else send it to the returns/refunds department?

#21 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

I'm in the middle on getting this game...but I don't know if ODST is worth that price...is this a good deal already?

#22 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

Wow, lucky me! I've had ODST preordered for several months with Super Saver shipping, and I was able to cancel the order after reading this thread. Usually, I can't change orders within a couple days of the release date, but I'm so happy that I was able to this one time. Thanks, OP!

On the negative side, though, this is the second time in the last few weeks that Amazon has pulled this sort of thing. Kind of a scary trend, since I try to preorder through them as much as possible...

#23 sirplue

sirplue

is truly, outrageous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

well, that was FAST. I just received this reply:

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on the item "Halo 3: ODST". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items have just shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $9.00 ($59.99 - $50.99). You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

:bouncy:

so, after the $10 + $5 rebate(s) I've bought ODST for $20... so awesome. :D

#24 somahead33

somahead33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Just fired off my email. I am sure they will make this right. I have over 10 preorders I can easily cancel if not.

#25 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

My case is a little different. The game is about to ship, but I think they should still reward me 9 dollars off the price.

What happened was I ordered Uncharted 2 and Kingdom Hearts along with Halo 3 ODST. I emailed customer service to make sure all the giftcard promotions were added to my order. The representative told me they were not, so he manually deducted 30 dollars from my total price. Halo 3 has a readjusted price of 44.99 now. I emailed customer service again to let them know of the pre-order price drop and that should be extended to me as well. Just because they were in error about my promotions does not mean I should be punished. I'm fully aware the readjusted price of the game is cheaper than the current list price, but that's only because they messed up. I feel the game should be 36 dollars when it ships.

Am in the wrong here, or do I have a legitimate case? Game is getting ready to ship, but has not done so yet. I have the free shipping option.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#26 tahoesnowboarder

tahoesnowboarder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:57 AM

i just called amazon regarding the quick drop in price. You will get it if you are persistent with your Amazon CSR.

CALL RIGHT AWAY! There number is 24 hrs

just mention it still follows the pre-order gurantee (make sure you purchased before monday then you should be fine in getting this order. good lick to all@!

yokofox: call amazon right now! that is the only way you are going to get this decrease in price!

#27 blue ocarina

blue ocarina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:00 AM

I've never had to do anything for pre-order price guarantee, so I'll leave it and complain later should it not resolve itself.

#28 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:00 AM

Quote:
"Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on the item "Halo 3: ODST". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items have just shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $9.00 ($59.99 - $50.99). You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days."

I just got the same email. Thanks to the TC for bringing this to our attention! :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 somahead33

somahead33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

I'm sorry, but this is bull****. Reminds me of the time that the trash man forgot to pick up my trash, and when I called they said they would come by the next day as a one time courtesy. This is in no way our fault, and should not be considered a one time courtesy. This is simply Amazon making right by what is stated in their own damn policy.

#30 Hsith

Hsith

Black Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:04 AM

I emailed them. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Did everyone else send it to the returns/refunds department?

I did.

Man, glad that I preorder instead of going to gamestop.