Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 9/25-10/1 w/ coup: 20% off any used Gamecube games (Limit 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

GS/EB Coupon/Used Deal of the Week FAQs - thanks oscargrouch
  • Coupon is valid in store (B&M Locations) only, it does not work online.
  • Just print the coupon, not the whole ad.
  • Coupon can be printed from this thread by right clicking on the image, selecting view image, then pressing print.
  • Coupon DOES NOT stack with any other offer, except EDGE cards.
  • Coupon will be valid on the start date of the weekly ad, not earlier. (YMMV on if the employees will do manual override, not recommended.)
  • The EDGE card takes 10% from the original price of the Used Deal of the Week, not the promotional price.
  • Used Deal of the Week is considered a promotion so it will ONLY stack with the EDGE Card, nothing else.
Link to PDF (Early Access): http://www.gamestop....lfsi_092509.pdf

Link to GS Weekly Ad Page: http://www.gamestop.....t/default.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon of the Week - 20% off any pre-owned Gamecube games. (Limit 3)

Posted Image

PDF with 6 coupons thanks to whymustiregister (when available)
http://www.plunder.c...-c6a20a826a.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------

Used Deals of the Week
Subject to Availability. No Rainchecks.

Kingdom Hearts 2 >>>> PS2 >>>> $9.99 (Reg. $14.99)

Kingdom Hearts >>>> PS2 >>>> $9.99 (Reg. $11.99)

Drawn to Life >>>> DS >>>> $9.99 (Reg. $17.99)

Tony Hawk Ride
Coming Soon. Pre-order today to ride the Quicksilver 80's Level.
80's level only available for PS3/360.

Tony Hawk Ride w/ Skateboard >>>> 360/PS3/Wii >>>> $119.99

Price Drops
These could be temporary or permanent. Prices definitely good through Weekly Ad Dates.

The Sims 3 >>>> PC >>>> $39.99 (Reg. $49.99)

Little King's Story >>>> Wii >>>> $29.99 (Reg. $49.99)

Wii Boxing Gloves >>>> Wii >>>> $12.99 (Reg. $19.99)

Wii Fit Yoga Starter Kit >>>> Wii >>>> $19.99 (Reg. $29.99)

Trade-in Offer

Extra 25% trade-in credit when you trade in any games toward the pre-order or purchase of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Tekken 6

Pre-order and receive the $10 off any new Namco Bandai title $29.99 or more. See associate for details. At time of purchase, while supplies last.

Now Available

Need for Speed Shift >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Need for Speed Shift >>>> PC >>>> $49.99

Need for Speed Shift >>>> PSP >>>> $39.99

Halo 3: ODST >>>> 360 >>>> $59.99

Heroes Over Europe >>>> 360 >>>> $49.99

Ion Drum Rocker >>>> 360 >>>> $299.99

Wireless Headset X41 >>>> 360 >>>> $199.99
Available by special order.

Coming Soon

Dreamkiller >>>> 360 >>>> $39.99 Available 10/13/2009

COP: The Recruit >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 11/4/2009

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99 Available 10/13/2009

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games >>>> DS >>>> $34.99 Available 10/13/2009

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 LE Console >>>> 360 >>>> $399.99 Available 11/11/2009

Bonus Offer

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes >>>> Wii/PSP/PS3/360/PC/DS >>>> Available 10/7/2009
Pre-order Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes and receive a free comic book. Pick up at time of purchase, while supplies last.

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventures Continue >>>> Wii/PSP/PS3/360/PC/DS >>>> Available 11/18/2009
Pre-order Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventures Continue and receive a free keychain. Pick up at time of purchase, while supplies last.

Coupon Listings (Thanks J7)

Spoiler

Edited by JP, 28 September 2009 - 01:14 PM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

Damn. Most of the stores are so low on stock, or the ones they have are completelyoverpriced.

#3 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for the effort, but can't help but say that Gamestop is such a terrible business. Gamecube games haven't been played in decades, and the only reason to own one would be to play on on the Wii. Nevertheless though, GS makes a coupon for only 20% off Gamecube games? It would seem like nobody would be interested in this weak deal, but apparently everyone always loves GS because they keep getting bigger and bigger...and crappier and crappier.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#4 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Wow... it's like they aren't even trying with these coupons anymore.

#5 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Would of been better if they added Chain of Memories to the deal of the week.

Might have to pick up Resident Evil for the Cube. Thanks for the ad.

#6 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

I lol at the coupon, but I may finally grab Drawn to Life. Thanks as usual jp.
Posted Image

#7 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

I lol at the coupon, but I may finally grab Drawn to Life. Thanks as usual jp.

Deals of the Week are about all I have to look forward to in these ads recently. The PS2 at 20% I somewhat understand, as, even though it's on its last legs of life support, it's still getting games, while the GameCube and Xbox have been completely discontinued for years.

Tempted to get Ikaruga since it's finally at $30 before discounts, though so many of their games are so horribly overpriced.
Posted Image

#8 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the effort, but can't help but say that Gamestop is such a terrible business. Gamecube games haven't been played in decades, and the only reason to own one would be to play on on the Wii.

Decades? :D You realize that a decade ago the Gamecube was still 2 years from release, right? It came out a full year after the PS2.

I still play my Gamecube, though I'd agree with you that I have every game for it that I'd like to have.

I was planning a run around to a few Gamestops this weekend and was hoping for a better coupon, though given the recent ones I didn't think it likely. I might pick up Skies of Arcadia Legends if I can find it though (fat chance, probably), since it's one game missing from my collection.

33126.png

#9 saintpale

saintpale

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the effort, but can't help but say that Gamestop is such a terrible business. Gamecube games haven't been played in decades, and the only reason to own one would be to play on on the Wii. Nevertheless though, GS makes a coupon for only 20% off Gamecube games? It would seem like nobody would be interested in this weak deal, but apparently everyone always loves GS because they keep getting bigger and bigger...and crappier and crappier.

Exaggerate much?
Decades?

#10 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

crap
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#11 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

Haha, yes, it seems like decades :lol: You all know what I mean. Anyway, point being GS's coupons should only be used as toilet paper. They are utterly worthless the majority of the time, unless once in a blue moon you get a halfway decent coupon. They are never, ever, "great" though.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#12 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hm....I may pick up Ikaruga for $21 since the price dropped and there is a coupon that doesn't require me to purchase some new game I will end up returning. I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't hate this coupon.

#13 Aznchaos3

Aznchaos3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

Gamecube...yea maybe see if i can find ikaruga, mgs or something decent :D
Track...the only time it's ok for a man with a gun to tell you to take your pants off :)

#14 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

Finally! 20% is kinda lame though, but I just got a GC again (and 4 wavebirds) so it doesn't hurt to snag some games I was going to get anyway at 30% off. I'm pretty sure my GS has metal gear twin snakes, most of the mario parties, and a few others I was looking into. Hopefully they are complete.

#15 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

Haha, yes, it seems like decades :lol: You all know what I mean. Anyway, point being GS's coupons should only be used as toilet paper. They are utterly worthless the majority of the time, unless once in a blue moon you get a halfway decent coupon. They are never, ever, "great" though.

I guess it depends what systems you have and what you value. I always like the PS2 and GBA coupons because it provides me an excuse to bolster my collection some.

33126.png

#16 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

With the price they have 1st party Gamecube games set to, this brings them down to normal prices. Not bad in time for the Wii price drop.

but still...was really hoping for a PS3 coupon. Maybe next week.

#17 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

Their GC games are overpriced even with the coupon. Best to wait for a larger % off GC games or a B2G1. Thanks JP.

#18 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:37 PM

Man they are really being cheap the past few months with the coupons. Plus, when was the last B2G1 sale they had? early July?

Will pick up the Drawn to Life for the kids since they like the Spongebob version if I can find one with cover art.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

I know, this is total bullshit. I haven't stepped foot in Gamestop in over 2 months cuz of the lousy coupons. No B2G1 Free sales anymore either. I've waited forever for a PS3 or Xbox 360 coupon and they just keep recycling old crap. It will be Xbox and Ps2 coupons next.

#20 anthfett06

anthfett06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

Give it up. We all know how much you love HWV and try to promote them and any sale however crappy it is that they have by bumping your thread everyday. Just because you love HWV so much doesn't mean you have to diss GS when they have a crappy coupon for a week. HWV is much worse than GS.

#21 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

I may use this to pick up a few oldies but goodies that I missed back in the day.

#22 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

I guess it depends what systems you have and what you value. I always like the PS2 and GBA coupons because it provides me an excuse to bolster my collection some.

PS2 is a different story, as that console is still great. The GC, however, is dead. Nobody even makes games for it anymore; its as dead as the Xbox and the N64.

#23 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

Give it up. We all know how much you love HWV and try to promote them and any sale however crappy it is that they have by bumping your thread everyday. Just because you love HWV so much doesn't mean you have to diss GS when they have a crappy coupon for a week. HWV is much worse than GS.

:roll: What does HWV have to do with anything at all relating to GS? I said Gamestop sucked and they never have any decent deals. And this isn't the first crappy coupon that GS has had either, so don't try to make it out like GS has amazing coupons every week except this one. They are bombs every week. I never said I loved HWV either...:roll:

#24 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

Some sort of joke, perhaps?

#25 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:38 AM

Nothing for me. Thanks, jp.

#26 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

Why are ppl so excited about Ikaruga? I'm not saying it's not a good game, but isnt it on XBLA now? Is the GC version somehow different?
Posted Image

#27 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:14 AM

If anyone is looking for Twin snakes... I've got a copy to let go.

I might look for some RE games... haven't picked up any... probably about time to.

#28 zman73

zman73

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:27 AM

:roll: What does HWV have to do with anything at all relating to GS? I said Gamestop sucked and they never have any decent deals. And this isn't the first crappy coupon that GS has had either, so don't try to make it out like GS has amazing coupons every week except this one. They are bombs every week. I never said I loved HWV either...:roll:

GS HAS had good coupons, though far enough in the past before you were a member here... 20% doesnt quite cut it when in the past they had one I recall on GCN games for 35% off... then there was a great coupon where you would get any free GCN game with purchase of a $30 used system, ANY game... there have been decent coupons in the past, AND with the Wii being backwards compatible, people still play the games too...
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#29 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:35 AM

if you haven't played kingdom hearts 1 or 2, you should do so now.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#30 NoobHammer

NoobHammer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:40 AM

Thanks JP, may use to pick up some cheap stuff to bolster the collection.