Photo
- - - - -

Rock Band 2 SE $99 @ Gamestop IN STORE

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 TheOtherZach

TheOtherZach

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

I might be the last person on the planet to have found out about this, but I've been shopping for the Rock Band 2 Special edition for the past week or so and had no idea about this. Gamestop has had RB2 for $99 on their website for awhile, but the XBox 360 version has been sold out. Much to my surprise when I happened to walk into the store, they had one left with a "New low price" sign next to it. Needless to say, the trigger was pulled.

So disregard if you already knew about it, but head over to your local GS if you're looking for RB2 SE. Every other place I checked still had it priced at $159.99

#2 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

Wait, I'm confused, is this YMMV or a universal price drop?

#3 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

I'd rather pay the extra $20 for the RB2 set (over the $80 for RB1SE + RB2 game). It's much better quality. Gonna have to check this out.

#4 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

This is a universal price drop
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#5 BluePotato

BluePotato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

I price matched this price from Gamestop and bought at Best Buy last weekend. (BB's price was $139, I think). Awesome price considering everything you get.

Also, be sure to rent Rock Band 1 and pay the $5 on the PS Store to download the 55 or so tracks off the RB1 disc. It will play as DLC on Rock Band 2.

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

it's like gamestop runs the same deals as game crazy, just a month or so after game crazy runs them.

#7 TheOtherZach

TheOtherZach

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

The guy working the register at Gamestop seemed to think that this was a universal drop. Odd that nobody else is listing the MSRP as $99, though.

#8 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

I'm hoping this also leads to a drop on the standalone wireless guitars, I've been looking to pick up a replacement for a while.

33126.png

#9 WafflesPlox

WafflesPlox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

Maybe I should finally buy rockband.

Posted Image

#10 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

$100 isn't doing it for me, yet

#11 Guest_andreasdelcarr_*

Guest_andreasdelcarr_*

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

The RB 2 SE was $99 at most major retailers but saw a price increase when Rock Band: Beatles was released as to not severely undercut the price of the two Beatles bundles. Just my two cents.

#12 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

I'm going to try to pick up the Wii version today.

#13 Eric1285

Eric1285

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

I got Sears to price match this a few weeks ago. Ended up paying $94 + tax.

#14 BluePotato

BluePotato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Also, consider that this comes with the superior WIRELESS Rock Band 2 hardware (wireless drums and wireless guitar). The Rock Band 1 instruments (which, oddly enough, are the ones they include with Beatles Rock Band) are not wireless.

#15 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

I picked this up at GameStop around the time The Beatles: Rock Band was released and I've been enjoying it since! I'm definitely glad the drums are wireless.
Posted Image

#16 reininop

reininop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Sam's Club is always YMMV but I thought I would mention here for any others that were looking for it - they have it there for 89.99 or possibly a dollar or two less. Definitely had an 8 as the first number though :). It had a seasonal tag on it and was repriced at that a week ago at least in Lafayette, Indiana.

#17 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

$99 is a great price if you have credit at GS. If you have any from BBV or HWV sales, trade in 12 games for an extra $60 in credit and hope those 12 get you the $40 extra. Maybe you can find on craigslist cheaper, but it'd be used. Definitely rent RB1 and transfer the songs over.

#18 WafflesPlox

WafflesPlox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

Do the Rock Band 2 instruments use batteries or do you charge them? Was thinking about picking this up tomorrow and wanted to know before. Thx :)

Posted Image

#19 BluePotato

BluePotato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

Do the Rock Band 2 instruments use batteries or do you charge them? Was thinking about picking this up tomorrow and wanted to know before. Thx :)

The Rock Band 2 wireless guitar and wireless drums both take 3 AA batteries each (so the RB2 box includes 6 AA batteries) . No problems with range for me.

You can buy a set of rechargeable batteries and charger if you'd like.

The whole set is packaged ridiculously and plan on 20 minutes of unboxing / setup.

#20 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

After talking to them, they will continue to get rock band 2 bundle sets for $99 but once the shipment of world tour band sets are gone they will not get anymore in because of band hero.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#21 Eric1285

Eric1285

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

The Rock Band 2 wireless guitar and wireless drums both take 3 AA batteries each (so the RB2 box includes 6 AA batteries) . No problems with range for me.

You can buy a set of rechargeable batteries and charger if you'd like.

The whole set is packaged ridiculously and plan on 20 minutes of unboxing / setup.

This is the truth. Their packaging engineer needs to be sacked.

#22 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

Also, consider that this comes with the superior WIRELESS Rock Band 2 hardware (wireless drums and wireless guitar). The Rock Band 1 instruments (which, oddly enough, are the ones they include with Beatles Rock Band) are not wireless.

I had no idea. And to think I almost thought potentially about thinking about perhaps buying the Beatles Rockband SE bundle one day maybe.

Now only one questions remains... which instruments are better World Tour or Rockband 2?
Posted Image

#23 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

I had no idea. And to think I almost thought potentially about thinking about perhaps buying the Beatles Rockband SE bundle one day maybe.

Now only one questions remains... which instruments are better World Tour or Rockband 2?

The Beattles Rockband SE just came out, and I'm pretty sure that this new kit contains the Rockband 2 instruments. Perhaps the original Beattles kit contained Rock Band 1 instruments, but that isn't the case with the Beattles Rockband SE.

#24 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

The Beattles Rockband SE just came out, and I'm pretty sure that this new kit contains the Rockband 2 instruments. Perhaps the original Beattles kit contained Rock Band 1 instruments, but that isn't the case with the Beattles Rockband SE.

Now I'm totally confused. There's only one The Beatles Rock Band Special Limited Edition (or whatever) as far as I know... now do they come with RB1 or RB2 instruments? Wired or wireless? I already had a Rock Band 1 band kit... I didn't like the drums or the guitar.
Posted Image

#25 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Now I'm totally confused. There's only one The Beatles Rock Band Special Limited Edition (or whatever) as far as I know... now do they come with RB1 or RB2 instruments? Wired or wireless? I already had a Rock Band 1 band kit... I didn't like the drums or the guitar.

The Beatles Special Edition, which comes in a huge ass box, contains drums with chrome finish, a replica of McCartney's bass (both wireless), a mic, mic stand, and of course the game.

There is a value edition available at Walmart, Best Buy, and some other players. It comes with RB1 instruments which are shit. It's $160, IIRC, so you're better off getting RB2 at GS and the Beatles Game separate. Might be a few more $$$ but totally worth it for the better, wireless instruments. The Beatles Special Edition is only for those who are huge Beatle fans really.

#26 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

The Beatles Special Edition, which comes in a huge ass box, contains drums with chrome finish, a replica of McCartney's bass (both wireless), a mic, mic stand, and of course the game.

There is a value edition available at Walmart, Best Buy, and some other players. It comes with RB1 instruments which are shit. It's $160, IIRC, so you're better off getting RB2 at GS and the Beatles Game separate. Might be a few more $$$ but totally worth it for the better, wireless instruments. The Beatles Special Edition is only for those who are huge Beatle fans really.

Awesome man thanks for clearing that up. I'm definitely going to take your advice and get RB2 Bundle and Beatles stand alone. Any insight into World Tour vs Rock Band 2, though?
Posted Image

#27 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

^RB2 is better IMO.. because of DLC and you can rip RB1 and other trackpacks for a small fee..

Only GH5 can rip the older GH titles..

#28 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

^RB2 is better IMO.. because of DLC and you can rip RB1 and other trackpacks for a small fee..

Only GH5 can rip the older GH titles..

I think he meant the instruments, I cannot say what is better between WT and RB2, but I can say RB1>GH3 guitar.

EDIT: Also, from what I know (which is possibly not 100% accurate), GH5 can only get SOME of the songs from GHWT and only WT, but it can use ALL of the DLC from WT.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#29 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Awesome man thanks for clearing that up. I'm definitely going to take your advice and get RB2 Bundle and Beatles stand alone. Any insight into World Tour vs Rock Band 2, though?

Game wise, RB2 is better. You can upload all but 3 or 4 songs from RB1 (for $5) to your HDD and play them with the RB2 disc. I don't get a lot of songs from DLC but I think RB has a wider selection. If there are songs you want on WT, you can get it for dirt cheap. It's not bad but RB2 is better.

For instruments, I prefer GH guitars over RB. RB2's isn't bad, but I don't like its looser strum bar. The GH ones are firmer but they click (I don't mind it). You can find the GH3 Les Pauls around for cheap. I like the WT one since it's bigger but I don't know how the problems are with those. GH5 one is about the same except for a different (ugly) faceplate and rubber-covered strum bar.

The RB2 drums are the way to go. I don't drum since I suck so I can't tell you much. I do recall reading a lot of problems with the WT drums when they came out, don't know if they're fixed. I like the way the RB2 drums look. 4 pads look better than 3 peds and 2 quarters of symbols. If you want symbols, you can get them for the RB2 drums (they don't add more notes though).

I think he meant the instruments, I cannot say what is better between WT and RB2, but I can say RB1>GH3 guitar.

I strongly disagree with that. I got my GH3 guitar late last year and I fixed the loose neck before I used it so maybe that is why I never had any problems with it. The RB1 guitar I despise. I'd rather use the GH2 guitar over that.

#30 sodajerk

sodajerk

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:56 AM

Does the PS3 or 360 version have better instruments? Are the 360/PS3 releases otherwise the same? I haven't been able to find much information about that on Google.