Photo
- - - - -

Which 3 games should I get (whenever GameStop has their B2G1 sale...)?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Which 3 Games Should I Get?

Which 3 Games Should I Get?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:02 AM

I have about $115 in GameStop credit thanks to the 4/$20 deal. There should be a B2G1 sale on used games at some point in October. That said, I'm a new PS3 owner so there are a lot of games that I want, so some votes would be much appreciated.

Edited by SynGamer, 04 October 2009 - 01:29 AM.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:11 AM

You've got a pretty solid list going in your sig.

Everyone is going to say the obvious- Uncharted. I'd say if you haven't played Batman or Dead Space- give them a shot.

You could also use the credit to pick up some PSN cards and get Wipeout HD, Burnout, etc (or stock them up for a rainy day).

#3 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:15 AM

Added a poll. I'd prefer people to just pick 3 games (4 if you're really stuck). The only PSN games that interest me are PAIN! and Flower...and I have Burnout Paradise (retail) :)

EDIT: I picked the games I did mainly because they are all at or around $55 (used price) so I can get the most 'bang' for my buck. ($54.99 x 2) - 10% EDGE Card + 7% tax = $105.91.

EDIT 2: If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to post them :)

Edited by SynGamer, 28 September 2009 - 05:41 AM.

#4 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:04 AM

Uncharted looks incredible, Batman was fantastic, and Infamous was great.

Brutal legend looks good too though.

#5 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:22 AM

Cabela?

lol. that one vote might be misleading.

#6 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:24 AM

My only question is if Batman would give me enough replay value to justifying paying full price...I heard it only takes a few hours to go through. And the challenge mode *might* be of interest, but I wouldn't bank on it.

#7 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

It's about 10-12 hours, which definitely isn't bad in comparison to most single player games these days.

Length will depend on whether you like collecting things. Also for replay there's of course as you know the challenge rooms.

#8 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

Cabela?

lol. that one vote might be misleading.

That was me actually :D I have a soft spot for hunting games (hardly ever play them because they all suck). I'll most likely wait for that to come down in price though (or get it on Goozex). Right now, inFAMOUS is definitely on the list. Demon's Souls is very tempting too as well as Batman...

#9 tekkenlaw

tekkenlaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

I would say Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls for sure. For the 3rd I'm not sure, Batman and infamous are great games but there isn't a ton of replay value there, I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying either of those games however. Borderlands looks promising, maybe wait and see what kind of reviews it gets when it comes out.

#10 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

I went with Infamous, Uncharted 2, and Demon Souls. First two are great, exclusives, and won't get cheap any time sooner. I threw in Demon Souls just cause.

Dont buy Cabela's, Wolfenstein, Brutal Legend, or anything like that as it's bound to see big price drops eventually.

#11 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

I'm shying away from Demon's Souls right now. No voice chat in a game that is sure to be challenging/frustrating is something I think I can wait to play. I may opt for MUA2 just for the sake of having something RPG-ish. Really it's down to MUA2 and Batman: AA. inFAMUOS and Uncharted 2 (if it's available) are on the list. Kind of glad I read the review for Demon's Souls because I would have been pissed that there was no voice chat if I had gotten the game.

#12 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Roughly how long is MUA2? I'm pretty much set on Batman: AA if it's 10-12 hours long but if MUA2 is close to that, I may be persuaded.

#13 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Batman: AA and inFamous are obvious choices.

You're missing Valkyria Chronicles, which IMO is the best game on the system by a substantial margin, but if that really doesn't interest you than I'd say Borderlands, depending on how the reviews are.

33126.png

#14 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

I can get VC for $20 at Walmart. No point wasting a free game on that. I'm thinking of getting MUA2 just for the online co-op ability (thanks for pointing that out Draekon). Batman was fun (the demo) but I could see myself being done with it after I beat it. Where as with MUA2 there are a number of character I could play as + online co-op.

#15 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

I basically, picked uncharted 2, batman, and infmous... those are good 60 dollar games. the other games, I think will drop in price so if you can pick up any of the other games for about 40 dollars, then you'll be getting about the game deal. 40/40/40 = 120. [assuming that this is b2g1 on new games]
Posted Image

#16 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

I basically, picked uncharted 2, batman, and infmous... those are good 60 dollar games. the other games, I think will drop in price so if you can pick up any of the other games for about 40 dollars, then you'll be getting about the game deal. 40/40/40 = 120. [assuming that this is b2g1 on new games]

I believe it's used games only...

#17 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm shying away from Demon's Souls right now.

I dunno, I just needed a third and I know it's exclusive. I personally wouldn't pay over $20 for Batman or $10 for MUA2, but that's just me

#18 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:15 AM

Ugh, 42 votes for Batman, but I think I would enjoy M:UA2 more. Then there's Uncharted 2, which will no doubt be amazing, but I doubt I'll play the multiplayer considering MW2 is out about a month later. Perhaps inFAMOUS, DiRT2, and Demon's Souls? A good bit of variety...no?

#19 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:18 AM

I'm shying away from Demon's Souls right now. No voice chat in a game that is sure to be challenging/frustrating is something I think I can wait to play. I may opt for MUA2 just for the sake of having something RPG-ish. Really it's down to MUA2 and Batman: AA. inFAMUOS and Uncharted 2 (if it's available) are on the list. Kind of glad I read the review for Demon's Souls because I would have been pissed that there was no voice chat if I had gotten the game.

Demon's Souls is very difficult to recommend. I was super excited so I played the Asian version and it's very very difficult. If you have the patience and don't mind repeating the same levels over and over until you finally beat them then it might be worth it.

It's a good game, it's just hard.

#20 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

It's gamestop so if you don't like one of them you can just return it, no questions asked.

#21 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

It's gamestop so if you don't like one of them you can just return it, no questions asked.

It's not really a question of not liking a game, but rather getting my monies worth. I don't want to get 2 $55 games and then pick up a $20 game as my freebie...

#22 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

It's not really a question of not liking a game, but rather getting my monies worth. I don't want to get 2 $55 games and then pick up a $20 game as my freebie...

I meant to direct that at the guy who said you might not enjoy Demon's Souls. Next time I'll remember to quote

#23 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Roughly how long is MUA2? I'm pretty much set on Batman: AA if it's 10-12 hours long but if MUA2 is close to that, I may be persuaded.

I beat MUA2 last week, but only did one play through (anti-reg) and It took me close to 8 hours, IIRC. So if you play through it at least twice you can get close to 14 or 15 hours, depending on if you save your game before you choose sides then restart from there.

Hope that helps!

#24 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

I beat MUA2 last week, but only did one play through (anti-reg) and It took me close to 8 hours, IIRC. So if you play through it at least twice you can get close to 14 or 15 hours, depending on if you save your game before you choose sides then restart from there.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, it does :) At this point all I know is that I want inFAMOUS and Uncharted 2 :D

#25 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

Oh wow, b2g1 in October?

If my local GS gets borderlands, tekken 6, and uncharted 2 used while this is going on.... That would be perfect. I doubt that will happen though.

#26 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

Thanks, it does :) At this point all I know is that I want inFAMOUS and Uncharted 2 :D

After reading some reviews last night, I'll probably be picking up inFAMOUS as well if GS runs a b2g1 used special. Just have to figure out which other games to get lol!

#27 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

I think I'm just going to go with Demon's Souls (if available). I want an RPG and Atlus almost always delivers. Plus my girlfriend loves just about any of their games so might as well get something she might like to play :)

#28 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

How's game play for MUA2? I'm on the fence for that one...

#29 etschell

etschell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

i think everyone will agree that uncharted 2 and inFamous are must haves. i would say that borderlands is the best third option. you also cant go wrong with batman, but im more into online coop play than single player games that have a brief life span.
PS3 20GB now 80GB, XBOX 360 60GB

Wish List: MAG, GOW III, GT5 and Heavy Rain :D

#30 chodax

chodax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

dirt 2 > all