Photo
- - - - -

Afro Samurai (360 & PS3) 19.99 @gamestop.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

19.99 for both versions. Price not available for online purchase, B&M only. Most places are still selling this for around 39.99. In typical GS fashion after a game drops, used version is more expensive than new. lol

http://www.gamestop....product_id=9691

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=69347

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#2 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

Awesome. Been waiting for it to hit this price point forever. Hope Amazon matches this....
Posted Image

#3 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Just to point out, this is in the gamestop ad thread for this week.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#4 robdees

robdees

The Easy Educator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

Just finished this game and it was far better than I had anticipated. Its worth $20 for the soundtrack alone. Very reccomended.
Posted Image

#5 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

If this has trophies then I will be getting the PS3 version.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#6 etschell

etschell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

haha, i just saw this. unfortunately the 6 hour game isnt enough for me to buy it for 21 bucks.
PS3 20GB now 80GB, XBOX 360 60GB

Wish List: MAG, GOW III, GT5 and Heavy Rain :D

#7 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

Looks like I am making a trip to my nearest GS during lunch :) I have been waiting for this game to drop.

Question is which version do I get? Anyone know if there are any difference between the two?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#8 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

Wow thanks, i too have been awaiting for this to drop. :D
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#9 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

If this has trophies then I will be getting the PS3 version.

No PS3 trophies. I would have gottne the game for this price if it did.

FYI, if you want the game for even cheaper, go to Best Buy and price match this along with "buying" a pre order of Uncharted, Rathchet and Clank or some others and you will get $5 off the game and the pre order for free! See this thread for more info.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=237557

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#10 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

5-6 hours huh? I will rent it then.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#11 SPIDERJOLT

SPIDERJOLT

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

A rental for sure, very crappy camera

#12 DFWMovieGeek

DFWMovieGeek

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

17.99 used at gamestop

Edited by DFWMovieGeek, 02 October 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#13 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

meh bought it for 15 at target LONG ago

#14 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

Thank you all for the info about the game. I think once I can get it for around 10 then I will buy it since its so short.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#15 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Not great, but decent. Very short game and it gets repetitive though.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#16 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

now just have to find a GS that has it new in-stock.... store locator here I come.
Posted Image

#17 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

Looks like I am making a trip to my nearest GS during lunch :) I have been waiting for this game to drop.

Question is which version do I get? Anyone know if there are any difference between the two?

Off topic: Ahh your avatar, reminds me of what makes my town famous...

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#18 daminion

daminion

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

I just finished this last night and it took me about 10 hours. I can see how it could be beaten faster, but probably not on the first playthough.

#19 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:10 AM

Might get this again. Got it awhile ago for $15 at Target, beat it and got rid of it, but wouldn't mind playing through it again.

#20 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:05 AM

No trophies, this and 50 Cent were the last PS3 games that came out which didn't have to have trophies to be certified for release (they were certified by Sony in Dec.)

Best to get the 360 version if you have both. Also contrary to what others have seen, I saw a used copy at my store with a fresh used price tag (the new white ones instead of yellow) for 17.99.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#21 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Picked one up yesterday , Thanks OP.. Great game so far. :)

#22 MrFortyFive

MrFortyFive

45 Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Still seems a little steep for such a short game, but thanks for the heads up. I might check it out.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
- Carl Sagan

#23 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

I just picked up a used copy for $17 and some change.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#24 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

Really enjoying it so far. Being able to go into a focus mode and choose what body parts you're going to cut off of the enemies is pretty sweet. It's repetitive but mindless fun, worth the money i think.

#25 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

Still seems a little steep for such a short game, but thanks for the heads up. I might check it out.

How short is this game?

#26 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

From what I've seen in reviews the average is 6-8 hours

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

#27 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

From what I've seen in reviews the average is 6-8 hours

Ah not so bad.. I dont have to much time to sit and play so these shorter games are nice once in awhile and I can actually finish something then instead of the months it takes to comeplete 40+ hour RPG's..

#28 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Ah not so bad.. I dont have to much time to sit and play so these shorter games are nice once in awhile and I can actually finish something then instead of the months it takes to comeplete 40+ hour RPG's..

I'm in the same boat man...so the shorter game and cheaper price tag is starting to sound appealing. Between the reviews and the gameplay vids it seems pretty fun.

If anyone else can post their thoughts and opinions of this game i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for everyone who has posted their thoughts so far!

#29 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

I'm in the same boat man...so the shorter game and cheaper price tag is starting to sound appealing. Between the reviews and the gameplay vids it seems pretty fun.

If anyone else can post their thoughts and opinions of this game i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for everyone who has posted their thoughts so far!

From what I played so far it is very good. The controls seem a little odd at first but once you get the swing of the focus attacks its got a nice style it adds to the fighting. Overall look of an animated comic book if your into that and the voice acting is great (Especially Samuel L. Jackson).. Music is not your typical and to me adds to the games atmosphere well.

Not dissapointed at all with the purchase.. Was originally interested with the game when it first came out and it fell off my radar.

#30 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

Well I played it for about an hour or so, I gotta say this game is pretty damn cool. My only complaint is the camera is jacked up at times, but I'm getting used to it. It has been well worth the money.

87688.png