Photo
- - - - -

XBLA - Deal of the Week: Hasbro Family Game Night (400 pts each game)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 shlby

shlby

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

"Xbox LIVE Gold Members can save 50% when they purchase any of the Hasbro Family Game Night games.Normally priced at 800 points, this week Battleship, Connect 4, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Boggle and Sorry Sliders are 400 points each".

The deal applies to all games and not just the ones mentioned from the press release.

There is a licensing issue for scrabble in Europe and I think that game remains to be 800 pts. (not completely sure though)

Anyways here is the list of games:

Scrabble
Connect 4
Battleship
Yahtzee
Sorry
Sorry Sliders
Boggle

Another note to consider is that the retail version containing all these games in disc form is due out Nov 3, at the price of $40.
Posted Image

#2 MasterYensid

MasterYensid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

Anyone know if the achievements for the retail version will be stackable with the XBox Live versions?
Posted Image

#3 donkeydrop

donkeydrop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

Sorry is not on sale and is still 800 points. I presume this is so that the total comes to $40 which is the MSRP on the disc version.

#4 webdoggy

webdoggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:15 AM

They are all on sale for 400 including Sorry. There was apparently a problem with Sorry but it was fixed. The licensing issue with Scrabble isn't causing it to be 10 dollars...it is just preventing it from being released in the UK at all.

#5 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

Hmm, so buy all these at $35, or the retail version for $40 (probably cheaper soon after release) and then get something back for it via trade-in. I think I'll pass. Thanks for the post tho!

#6 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, thanks for the post, but honestly I don't see myself spending more than $10 total for the retail disc... if that.

#7 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:51 AM

Anyone know if the achievements for the retail version will be stackable with the XBox Live versions?

I'm sure they will stack. Its the same game(s), just on a disk.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#8 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:59 AM

is it true that arcade titles (that have gone retail) cannot be installed on a 360's HDD?

#9 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

is it true that arcade titles (that have gone retail) cannot be installed on a 360's HDD?

If they could, then there would be no point to buy the game... you could just rent it and rip it.

Think buddy, think.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#10 webdoggy

webdoggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

Hmm, so buy all these at $35, or the retail version for $40 (probably cheaper soon after release) and then get something back for it via trade-in. I think I'll pass. Thanks for the post tho!

There are 6 games, all at 5 dollars...so it will only be $30.

You can install the disc to the drive, but it won't do you any good as you will still need the disc in to play them. This was the case with the Arcade Unplugged titles.

#11 Galego23

Galego23

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:14 AM

clever of them to put these games "on sale" with the retail version coming out soon. M$ at it's finest.

#12 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

Good point but is Scrabble on the disk?

#13 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

If they could, then there would be no point to buy the game... you could just rent it and rip it.

Think buddy, think.

what i meant was install the games and still have the retail disc for authentication in the drive like any other retail game that we have on the x360.

ah my bad. webdoggy answered. thx.

#14 utstick

utstick

Stickeriffic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:17 AM

clever of them to put these games "on sale" with the retail version coming out soon. M$ at it's finest.

I guess it is better than the $70 some folks were paying... :bomb:

#15 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

I thought I'd be interested, but that was before I knew a retail version would be coming out. CAG has taught me that, as long as I'm patient for a little while, I'll be able to find this for cheap. I don't see this staying at $40 for very long - my gut tells me it's going to hit $20 sooner rather than later.

So, pass for now, pick this up on the cheap later. Uno was more fun than I expected on Live, and these could be fun too. :)

You can install the disc to the drive, but it won't do you any good as you will still need the disc in to play them. This was the case with the Arcade Unplugged titles.

Exactly. I can install Arcade Unplugged to my hard drive, but the games won't show up as "on" my hard drive unless the disc is in.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#16 bdg7884

bdg7884

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

All will be on the disc except for Scrabble. So if you are interested in having that game you might as well buy it now for 400msp, instead 0f 800... Just a thought!

Posted Image

#17 autoacat

autoacat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:14 AM

All will be on the disc except for Scrabble. So if you are interested in having that game you might as well buy it now for 400msp, instead 0f 800... Just a thought!

what are you talking about? Scrabble is totally on the disc, it's listed on the back of the box http://www.gamestop....roduct_ID=75991

#18 tyrok3k

tyrok3k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

There are 6 games, all at 5 dollars...so it will only be $30.

There are 7 games for a total of $35.

#19 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

what are you talking about? Scrabble is totally on the disc, it's listed on the back of the box http://www.gamestop....roduct_ID=75991

Well sob. Wasnt sure if Scrabble was going to be on the disk so I picked it up this week. Oh well.

#20 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

Scrabble is definitely worth it for 400 points.
MLIFTgM.gif

#21 webdoggy

webdoggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

There are 7 games for a total of $35.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure which one I didn't count. I had even went through the xbox.com page counting them.

#22 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

what i meant was install the games and still have the retail disc for authentication in the drive like any other retail game that we have on the x360.

ah my bad. webdoggy answered. thx.

Really? That was your sticking point keeping you from purchasing them? Connect Four's load times weren't fast enough..? :)

If I jump on it, I'll just get this piecemeal. It's a deal if you don't plan on ever playing the other games like Sorry. I only have interest in the word games like Scrabble so even if the retail disc came down to $10, it still wouldn't be worth it for me. If I had to use a retail disc for Uno I never would have touched it.

#23 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

Yeah I only really like 1 or 2 games so this works out great

#24 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

:roll:

First, this is CAG. There probably isn't a single person here that pays full price for their points. I don't keep track, but I know my average is below 50%. So all these games would be about $15.

Second, these aren't games you want on a disc. These are the epitome of convenience being on the hard drive. Quick and easy games you can play in short bursts. No one is going to break out a disc for for a single round of Yahtzee.

Third, what kind of resale will that disc really have in the long run? All the arcade discs can be had for pennies on the dollar. I don't see why this one will retain any resale value.

Fourth, M$? Really? What is this, 1999?

#25 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

Are these games playable online and are people playing them? Also, can multiple local people play online at the same time? I've got two kids and they'd like to play online with their friends at the same time. So two or three on our 360 playing against friends online. Is that possible?

Also, do they support voice chat? If all that is true I can see getting these as downloads since they are timeless games that we won't want to be getting rid of for many years, and so any return from a trade-in would be far off and probably not worth squat. So paying a little less for the download version is a win in our case, not to mention not having to deal with a disc.

Crunchewy.png

#26 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Are these games playable online and are people playing them?

A user over on DVDtalk recommended them all but Battleship. It's not really a game you can play local because of cheating and apparently no one plays it online. That could change after this sale, but that's a gamble.

#27 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hmmm...I'll probably pick up Scrabble for my wife.

:beer:

#28 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Fourth, M$? Really? What is this, 1999?

I agree. People who do that are rather annoying.

Anyway, Scrabble is actually quite good and well worth the $5. Even the new mode they added is pretty fun for short play sessions.

However, 'zen' isn't in the game's dictionary. 'Tit' is recognized but 'tits' isn't. Darn that dictionary!

#29 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

Buy these as DLC, it's so much more convenient than the damn disc, and if like me, you have 2 xboxs, you can install it on 1 and still play it on the other xbox, so you can compete against your own family.

Damn now I wish ChessMaster would go on discount.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#30 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

A user over on DVDtalk recommended them all but Battleship. It's not really a game you can play local because of cheating and apparently no one plays it online. That could change after this sale, but that's a gamble.

That is why each player does random setup so neither can see.

The real cheating is in Scrabble, with all the programs there are.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.