Gamestop running their B2g1 next week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
479 replies to this topic

#1 legs1986

legs1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

A good friend of mine who's a GS GM told me yesterday that they're running their b2g1 next week. She didn't say if it was for the week or just the weekend, but it's up next in this wonderful string of b2g1.

edit: for the inevitible is it on new or used games question; GS's b2g1 is ALWAYS used only.

#2 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

Sweet :)

Hope some newer stuff shows up in stores before this.

#3 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

That'd be sweet! I have several GBA games I've wanted to get but have put it off because I didn't want to pay their full asking price for them.

Now I have something to use my remainding trade in credit on and actually get something off with my EDGE discount.... Now, if only I could get lucky and find a Gamestop that has some Gamecube games with no stickers on the artwork and a GBA SP in good shape, I would be one happy camper :D

I never thought I would actually say I'm glad a sale is for used games only, but now that I've started buying GBA games, Gamestop has been a decent place to find some. For my new games, Gamestop is higher than I can find the games elsewhere, about 90% of the time.

#4 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hmmm, tempting. Already picked up what I wanted from the BB sale, but maybe they will have some stuff Ive been waiting for. I do have some credit to spend...

#5 hyunkim

hyunkim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

horrible timing for me. i have $300 credit, but games like fifa 10, fallout 3 goty, the beatles rock band (ps3) and even GH5 are not online used or at any B&M stores near me... i hope they have another a month later during the holidays when they'll probably get them.

#6 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Probably buy a bunch of games to flip, Ski doo, Dark Spire, etc etc.

#7 espionage

espionage

Aging Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

horrible timing for me. i have $300 credit, but games like fifa 10, fallout 3 goty, the beatles rock band (ps3) and even GH5 are not online used or at any B&M stores near me... i hope they have another a month later during the holidays when they'll probably get them.

horrible timing for me as well. i also have tons of Gamestop credit that I'd like to unload, but I've bought practically every game I've wanted now with the Best Buy & Amazon promotions this week...
Posted Image
My Gaming Blog: http://levelingdown.com

#8 Maestro

Maestro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

hmmm, what are the chances I'll find Borderlands or Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 used sitting in a gamestop near me? I live in New York and I hate going around the city hunting it down!!

#9 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

I'm just hoping that there will be one more B2G1 sale around Nov 17th. The only games that I want for this year are Dragon Age, MW2, and AC2.

#10 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

Operation Flashpoint 2, NHL 10, and Fallout 3 for me :) I've been holding out on these games in hopes of a 20% off coupon, but this will do.

#11 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Gr. Since when did being a CAG cost so much money? D:

#12 el cad

el cad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

hmmm, what are the chances I'll find Borderlands or Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 used sitting in a gamestop near me? I live in New York and I hate going around the city hunting it down!!

I've seen Borderlands used a few times down here in Maryland.
Posted Image

#13 ryemm

ryemm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

There's a search system on their website that will tell you which stores near you have what you're looking for. The stores near me will hold them for a while.

#14 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

Gonna pass on this one, my backlog is insane.

#15 ezellaur

ezellaur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Finally, able to pass. Already have Dragon Age preordered, and between TRU and Amazon, I think I'm covered for the rest of this year. Only game I really want and haven't gotten is Assassin's Creed 2, which I'm thinking may be just a rental for me.

#16 360maniac_com

360maniac_com

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Good news! The hits just keep on coming...
Find cheap xbox 360 games at 360maniac.com.

#17 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'm just hoping that there will be one more B2G1 sale around Nov 17th. The only games that I want for this year are Dragon Age, MW2, and AC2.

Nice, those are the exact same three I want this year. Sucks all these sales are hitting the month before they come out, but then again, I'm pretty sure the sales are on now because titles like these release next month.

#18 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

I hope they run one during thanksgiving. I am hoping to get

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Dragon Age
Left 4 Dead 2
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#19 pureheat101

pureheat101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

i also think I'm gonna hold onto my credit until BF... there's bound to be something on sale then.

#20 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

the video game/CAG gods have shined upon us!

I will be tapping this sale. NO lube.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

now they have a b2g1 sale? a little late to the party for GS. I already spent a ton on BB's b2g1 so I will pass

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#22 rvarma

rvarma

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

oooh, please please please....i can pick up some missed price dropped games like dead space, bioshock, and ......something else!

#23 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

There's a search system on their website that will tell you which stores near you have what you're looking for. The stores near me will hold them for a while.

This is true, but their inventory isnt always accurate. Its always best to call first.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#24 AhhhhYeah

AhhhhYeah

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

If there is a deal next week, Im thinkning about getting DQ 4 and Shin Megami Tensai for the DS. But Im not sure about what to get for the 3rd game. Any suggestions about another DS game I could get?

#25 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

Good, I'll return my new copy of Borderlands, get one used with a few other titles

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#26 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Good, I'll return my new copy of Borderlands, get one used with a few other titles

Good luck

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#27 Hardware

Hardware

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

A good friend of mine who's a GS GM told me yesterday that they're running their b2g1 next week. She didn't say if it was for the week or just the weekend, but it's up next in this wonderful string of b2g1.

edit: for the inevitible is it on new or used games question; GS's b2g1 is ALWAYS used only.

Correction: Gamestop only sells used games. They don't sell sealed video games.

#28 Mizz Behavin

Mizz Behavin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

UGH! I already spent a fortune at toys R us, bb, and amazon. I bought almost all of the games we are interested in playing.

I wish this sale was a few weeks later. That way some more games will have had a chance to come out and the few games that I passed up on will be available used.

#29 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for the advanced intel, legs!

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#30 killer9

killer9

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

damn it to soon or i would have gone for borderlands mw2 and l4d2 o well hopefully next month another will come along

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv