462 replies to this topic

#1 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Game hit the states on 3/2/10

Official Website

Amazon - Steam

Edited by Jodou, 09 March 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#2 Wolfen2k7

Wolfen2k7

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

I wonder if you get the key instantly.. cause when we preordered the first bad company we didn't have the money anymore... so we cancelled it. and still had the beta.. wonder if it would be the same here..

Edited by Wolfen2k7, 05 November 2009 - 07:34 PM.

#3 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

I wonder if you get the key instantly.. cause when i preordered the first bad company I didn't have the money anymore... so i cancelled it. and still had the beta.. wonder if it would be the same here..

For the PS3 version, yes. PC owners don't have to bother with pre-orders since it will be an open beta.

#4 Wolfen2k7

Wolfen2k7

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

wish i could afford to preorder it.. but we just preordered modern warfare 2..

#5 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

Haha, sweet. DICE confirmed BFBC2 will NOT support GFWL. That's just another plus for the game, since every experience I've had with GFWL has been shitty. If the beta is even half as good as BF2 was, then I'll be picking it up.

#6 humidore

humidore

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

Haha, sweet. DICE confirmed BFBC2 will NOT support GFWL. That's just another plus for the game, since every experience I've had with GFWL has been shitty. If the beta is even half as good as BF2 was, then I'll be picking it up.

Aw, no achievements :(

#7 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

Aw, no achievements :(

Yeah, bummer for achievement whores, but I'd rather have unlocks in the game that actually mean something over just points.

#8 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

I would like both hahah or a built in system like DA:O..either way hooray for open beta. I'm glad there is one so I can see if my system can handle it smoothly.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#9 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

I forgot to update this when the beta launch was pushed for PC, but has anyone heard news of when they plan to get this thing rolling? I needs something to play!

#10 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

I have just heard very early next year, so I'm guessing January. I need to play more of the PS3 beta to get a better feel for the game. From what I've played it is really great, I get that same ol' Battlefield vibe when i play it.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:54 AM

Here we go again....

http://www.vgchartz....ad.php?id=97428

no mod tools....must rent a dedicated server from their partners. /sigh.

#12 kilm

kilm

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:17 AM

Here we go again....

http://www.vgchartz....ad.php?id=97428

no mod tools....must rent a dedicated server from their partners. /sigh.

lulzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So... who's gonna start the petition and steam group?

#13 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

So are they trying to kill PC gaming? I was thinking about later on when I get a PC made for gameing built buying some games that have come out on the 360 and PS3 for the PC that I already own. As of now it is for games only on the PC and FPSs.
Posted Image

#14 iskateguitars

iskateguitars

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:10 AM

I got excited seeing this bumped up thinking the PC beta has arrived and instead we get a half-assed version of dedicated servers?

#15 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:17 AM

Not impressed. Will pass.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#16 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

I got excited seeing this bumped up thinking the PC beta has arrived and instead we get a half-assed version of dedicated servers?

PC beta does start at the end of the month. You have to preorder from Gamestop or EA to get an invite though.

#17 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Pre-order canceled.

I can believe it since this is EA we're talking about and not only did they renege the open beta (now you have to get a beta key? THAT'S NOT A FUCKING OPEN BETA) but pulling a fast one like this is bullshit. I'll stick to Killing Floor even with the bugs and balance issues because we can do what we want, where we want.

For those who still care, here's the PC 'closed' beta dates.

#18 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:23 PM

Well that's disappointing. I was getting all excited too cause the multiplayer looks like a lot of fun. Sigh. Should have known it was too good to be true. I'll probably just rent it now.

#19 Kenrik

Kenrik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Well the game is awesome.. I was in the PS3 closed beta.. It really is wonderful.

#20 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

I guess I'll be holding out for the next game that'll be a half decent military shooter.

#21 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Really? I was on the closed beta for a day and said Fuck it. I would spawn run and get just out the gate and get shot. It was like that every time unless I got in a tank or something. Then it was once I got out. Give me COD4 anyday over that crap.
Posted Image

#22 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:57 AM

This game is incredible, played the PS3 beta for 10+ hours collectively. If you figure out how to survive, you can go 10, 20 minutes as you sneak up behind snipers, defuse bombs, rocket tanks, revive your teammates, get revived, and cruise across the whole map doing so. The squad respawn is genius, I just wish that everyone was a member of your squad. I'm so stoked for this to come out on PC so I can truly rock it, since the PS3 controller blows. A definite, MUST buy for me.

#23 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Beta goes live this afternoon, but I won't be participating due to the limited 'open' beta. From what I understand, only GameStop and D2D pre-orders are privy to beta codes. Buyer beware, GS will NOT allow you to cancel your pre-order once codes have been handed out. Additionally, the final AND beta versions will include SecuROM. During beta, you will be allowed to secure your final soldier name for retail, so that's a bonus if you care.

#24 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Steam also has the beta, and you also get the 6 bonus perks/guns.

#25 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

Steam also has the beta, and you also get the 6 bonus perks/guns.

I'm assuming those perks are the same included in the limited edition retail?

#26 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

I'm assuming those perks are the same included in the limited edition retail?

I believe that's correct.

The beta just went up on Steam. Downloading now.

#27 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Seems like the usual DICE cluster... all three sites they link to for downloading the client are down. I tried signing up to get a key and that form's broken, too.

Anyone who actually gets to play, I'd love to know what's changed from the PS3 beta, especially how the controls compare to previous PC Battlefields.

#28 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

Seems like the usual DICE cluster... all three sites they link to for downloading the client are down. I tried signing up to get a key and that form's broken, too.

Anyone who actually gets to play, I'd love to know what's changed from the PS3 beta, especially how the controls compare to previous PC Battlefields.

You could download the 360 demo.

#29 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Played for about 30 minutes. Game seems buggy. In-game friends list doesnt work, my friends server browser has disappeared, games are laggy even with a 15 ping, etc...

It runs great though. Settings maxed at 1920x1200 with AA and AF at 4X and its buttery smooth.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#30 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

You could download the 360 demo.

I'm mostly interested in how the controls are on the PC, whether they have stuff like the old commo rose, etc. Interface-wise, the 360 demo is probably identical to the PS3 version.