Zelda Posters from Club Nintendo Frame Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SiK99

SiK99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hello everyone. I had a couple questions for anyone who has received the three Zelda posters from Club Nintendo.

Did you frame them? If so, what did you do for the "History of Link" poster? I went to Michaels Craft Store tonight and of course that poster doesn't have normal poster dimensions. I managed to find 2 nice frames for the Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass posters for $18 a piece. (they are 22"x28" just in case anyone is wondering)

The History of Link poster is 16 5/8" x 28 3/4". I went to their in-store custom framing area to price a custom frame. Even with the 50% off sale they were having it would have been anywhere from $130-200 depending on if I matted it and whether or not I used glass, and that's with a basic frame. I'm thinking that is a bit much to be spending on a poster, even one as nice as this.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

-SiK99

#2 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

I haven't gotten around to framing my own Jap posters yet but I know someone who did. He just bought the ready made stuff, used a square and utility knife and cut down the poster. I mean I haven't seen the poster in question you have but does it have a blank area? If so chop it off there and just buy one of the 60 dollar frames off the rack.

#3 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

I just got the Zelda poster set myself and I'm also looking for frames. Wow $18 for a frame? Is that after 40% off from their sale? I have a coupon from their recent ad that adds an additional 25% torwards the 40% making it 65% off the total price. Of course it could be YMMV

Also Bluelobstah from the Nintendo Club thread said he bought 2 frames from Walmart for $8-9 a piece. I haven't checked it out myself, so I can't confirm.

#4 SiK99

SiK99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

I just got the Zelda poster set myself and I'm also looking for frames. Wow $18 for a frame? Is that after 40% off from their sale? I have a coupon from their recent ad that adds an additional 25% torwards the 40% making it 65% off the total price. Of course it could be YMMV

Also Bluelobstah from the Nintendo Club thread said he bought 2 frames from Walmart for $8-9 a piece. I haven't checked it out myself, so I can't confirm.

Yeah, thats with the 40% off. It is the "Trendsetter" frame in silver. They are back loading frames and are well-made.

I actually went back and got a 20"x30" Trendsetter with black frame and I'll just use the black colored insert and use it as a border. That will leave me around 3" of black for the top/bottom and right around 1" for the sides. (So about 1 1/2" black around top/bottom and .5" for each side)

#5 SiK99

SiK99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:07 AM

Here are the pics. Sorry for the darker photo on the History of Zelda but I didn't want a flash off the glass.(its hard to see but the insert that comes with the frame acts as a black border. I just had to center it. Its the 20x30 black Trendsetter from Michaels)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

The poster and frames look nice, thanks for sharing them. I'll check my local Michael's tomorrow and see if they have any of the Trendsetters models you mentioned.

#7 emdub

emdub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

You can get a 16 5/8" x 28 3/4" frame here for about $40.
Posted Image

#8 cujike

cujike

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

Here are the pics. Sorry for the darker photo on the History of Zelda but I didn't want a flash off the glass.(its hard to see but the insert that comes with the frame acts as a black border. I just had to center it. Its the 20x30 black Trendsetter from Michaels)

This great pictures, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the picture on this forum and you'll find them great.

#9 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

I just got the posters myself the other day, I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice they were. Not sure I'm going to go so far as framing them though, but yours certainly look nice.

33126.png

#10 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

You can get a 16 5/8" x 28 3/4" frame here for about $40.

Nice find, that's probably the cheapest your ever going to find that comes in that size. I seriously don't understand why frames cost so much. I'd understand if they were fancy, but simple border frames shouldn't cost you over $30 imo.

I just got my Zelda posters framed, and they look really nice. I took advantage of the sale Michareels (65% off!) is having and got the black frame trendsetters. I only paid $12.99 for them ;). I'll post my pictures when I get the time.

Edit:

Here are other CAGs who bought the same frames as I did. They look identical to what mine is, so I won't bother to take pics.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2005
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2021

Edited by Interstella 5555, 18 November 2009 - 08:33 PM.