iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

• Please log in to reply
5046 replies to this topic

#1 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

• Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  • Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  • Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  • Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  • Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  • Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  • I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  • If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  • If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Edited by CheapyD, 28 April 2010 - 06:53 AM.

#2 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:33 AM

Nice thread, mane. :]

#3 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Konami dropped all of its App Store games to $0.99. Sale is for US App Store only.

Games:
Power Pros Touch
Krazy Kart Racing
Silent Scope
Metal Gear Solid Touch
Dance Dance Revolution S
Silent Hill
Field Prowlers Police Rush
Frogger

#4 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:17 AM

WhatsApp Messenger is on sale for free for the time being.

#5 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

Tagged

#6 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

tagaroo

#7 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

I don't understand this whole 'tagged' business. Can't you just click 'thread tools' -> subscribe instead of cluttering up the fresh new thread with a one-word post? Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, thanks for the new thread, grabbed lots of cheap and free apps with the last one!
Posted Image

#8 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

I don't understand this whole 'tagged' business. Can't you just click 'thread tools' -> subscribe instead of cluttering up the fresh new thread with a one-word post? Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, thanks for the new thread, grabbed lots of cheap and free apps with the last one!

Yes, that has been a feature for some time but just putting "tag" is easier!

On topic, the novelty of the touch wore off quick for me. I haven't bought a game in 3 weeks after getting one or so a day for the first couple of weeks of ownership. There sure is a lot of crap out there! Thank god for these topics to keep me informed of worthwhile games.
Posted Image

#9 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

Do you guys think if I buy a 32GB 3rd Gen touch to only use for the Apps, it would be worthless? I already have an 80 gig Classic. I just really want these Apps. I already bought 4 Konami games today for 99 cents each lol.

#10 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

If you're using it only for apps and not music or videos, I'd probably get a 16gb. I have about 110 apps on my 32GB and they only take up about 2GB total. If you have the cash though, a 32GB aint bad.

#11 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

They don't make a 16 gig in a 3rd gen, and that's the only gen I'm gonna go for.

#12 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:50 AM

I currently use a 16GB Gen1. I'm planning on buying the 3rd gen 32GB either by Christmas, or sooner if they put them out on Apple's refurbished section. I'm thinking they may release the 32GB for $249 in the refurbished section by early December.

I only have 2GB of Music, Video, Podcasts. The rest of my unit is Apps. I haven't filled the entire unit up yet, but if I installed everything I own I probably would.

#13 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

Plus I haven't touched my PSP Slim in about 2 months.

#14 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

Nice. Good shit.

#15 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:02 AM

The general consensus is that the iPod Touch was supposed to have a camera but it was pulled late in the game. If you care about that sort of thing, you might want to wait 'til the next rev.
Posted Image

#16 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

lol why the Fuck does crazy kart racing only work on iPhone and not iTouch? lol

#17 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

lol why the Fuck does crazy kart racing only work on iPhone and not iTouch? lol

WTF? I just bought this... Say it ain't so!

#18 homerojay

homerojay

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

WTF? I just bought this... Say it ain't so!

Krazy Kart works on iPod Touch just fine.
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

#19 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

Krazy Kart works on iPod Touch just fine.

Thanks breh.

#20 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

well, there was a Lite version that went up last night and it said specifically that it wouldnt work on the iTouch when I tried to download it and only on a iphone.

#21 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

Putting tagged on topics helps inflate your post count as some people seem to think a lot of posts can make them cool instead of just subscribing to the topic. I am sure if we had a moderator clean up some of the popular threads and removed the tag or the one word thanks posts, these topics would not balloon so quickly.

#22 wheels

wheels

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

thanks for binging attention to the konami sale, i grabbed mgs, for .99 its worth a try. I just bought the 32gb itouch from costco a few weeks back for $280, no sales tax here in oregon. well worth it for the apps and web-browsing/mail around the house but the wifi sucks the battery down quick

#23 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:03 AM

Warning people are saying the whatsapp is spyware

594280.png

#24 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:04 AM

Warning people are saying the whatsapp is spyware

How can you get spyware on an iPod touch?

#25 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:07 AM

Not sure. Users are reporting it gets phone numbers from your contact list. Read in the app store. That was enough to scare me off.

594280.png

#26 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

Yucky. But I will have an iPod touch.

#27 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:25 AM

Since you asked: I couldn't do that from the truncated interface on my phone. (Toggling back and fourth from full mode, zooming, and trying to click just right spot during my neighborhood meeting seemed a bit much). Since this is one of the threads I most often check from my iphone, it was both the easiest and quickest way- once I saw the original thread was locked I did it. Thanks for being "that guy" though. ;)

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#28 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Are there any good iPhone 3Gs / 3G touch specific games out there that take full advantage of the power in the systems? Obviously all these games are loading lightning fast on my new 3G touch, but I'd like to see something extra pretty, too!

Posted Image

#29 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

Since you asked: I couldn't do that from the truncated interface on my phone. (Toggling back and fourth from full mode, zooming, and trying to click just right spot during my neighborhood meeting seemed a bit much). Since this is one of the threads I most often check from my iphone, it was both the easiest and quickest way- once I saw the original thread was locked I did it. Thanks for being "that guy" though. ;)

Haha, fair enough. Users browsing from a mobile device get a pass. :)
Posted Image

#30 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

Haha, fair enough. Users browsing from a mobile device get a pass. :)

yeah the iphone style for this site is disgustingly gimped
Posted Image