655 replies to this topic

#1 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image
http://www.gamestop....g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop....g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

Edited by Squarehard, 30 November 2009 - 04:49 PM.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#2 cstrife69

cstrife69

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

hi. do u need a coupon for this deal.

#3 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Let me guess another used games b2g1 deal isnt it. freakin gamestop charging 55 for used games. who does these deals only saving about 15-20 buying used games. Why cant they do it like other stores all new games.
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#4 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

isn't this common every year for the past 8 years?? Everytime I'm in a GS on Black Friday, I hear, "don't forget about B2G1 free!" sadly, I'm so drained $$$ wise by the time I get to GS on Black Friday, I don't partake in the B2G1 free sale, and just grab anything left in stock from the regular sale deals...
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#5 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

It only took until post #3, wow! Is that a new record?

#6 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

thanks OP.

#7 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

I'll be seeing if I can't find some games to flip to GC with their 30% extra trade-in offer during their B2G1. :P Thanks, OP!

#8 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

Frackin finally. Is there any kind soul in Corona who would let me use their edge card? I only buy from gamestop once or twice a year, so getting the edge card is a waste for me, but would love to use it for this one.

#9 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

No, no coupon necessary. OP, I would recommend saying USED GAMES ONLY! in both the title and OP.

fs_overall.png

#10 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

It only took until post #3, wow! Is that a new record?

One day we can hope for the original poster to simultaneously post and complain about the deal!

#11 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

isn't this common every year for the past 8 years?? Everytime I'm in a GS on Black Friday, I hear, "don't forget about B2G1 free!" sadly, I'm so drained $$$ wise by the time I get to GS on Black Friday, I don't partake in the B2G1 free sale, and just grab anything left in stock from the regular sale deals...

Yeah, but whats uncommon about this one is that its actually starting the day before Thanksgiving and not the Fri-Sat like it usually is.

#12 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I have $40 in credit, so cheap old games here I come!

fs_overall.png

#13 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

I hope we know Amazon's deals by then. I need to decide which games to grab this year.

And I won't be buying any $55 used games. $33 per game isn't bad, though. If you have Edge, that is. Still more than I like to spend on used games. But I have my eye on a few $20 games. My store has tons of Folklores for $20. I want one.

#14 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

Ya I have $75 left int trade in plus an edge card which saves me 10%... so it'll be $99 for 3 games... I am hoping I can pick up COD:MW2, Assasins Creed 2 and one other newer game and I'll be set.

#15 TimTucker

TimTucker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

So if it's all day Wednesday, does that mean it'll actually be Tuesday @ 7 when it starts?

#16 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

So if it's all day Wednesday, does that mean it'll actually be Tuesday @ 7 when it starts?

I was thinking about that too, but not sure, lol. I'll let you know if I find out, haha XD

#17 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hopefully, it's true this time...

Too bad all the games I was hoping to get are gone. And I spent too much of my money at Amazon/TRU.:-(

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#18 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

One day we can hope for the original poster to simultaneously post and complain about the deal!

Maybe CheapyD can just tweak the software so that it auto appends to any thread about Gamestop. That way, the OP doesn't have to go out of his way to write somethign everyone knows is inevitably coming.

But yes, post 3 is a new record.

#19 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

2 Copies of Borderlands (1 for me and 1 for my brother) and Uncharted 2, here I come. I hope I get my giftcards from my credit card company soon.

Edit: Anybody know if this is online too?

#20 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

2 Copies of Borderlands (1 for me and 1 for my brother) and Uncharted 2, here I come. I hope I get my giftcards from my credit card company soon.

Edit: Anybody know if this is online too?

It might be from black friday and on, but not sure if its going to start wednesday online. I'll try to find out, but normally people in store have no clue how the website works, so it may be pointless asking.

#21 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

It might be from black friday and on, but not sure if its going to start wednesday online. I'll try to find out, but normally people in store have no clue how the website works, so it may be pointless asking.

Alright. My girl has class Wednesday afternoons, so I might try to get her to go with me before hand so we can get some Christmas presents for the family.

#22 mis0

mis0

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

Nice. It's been quite a while since GameStop had a good sale.

[mis0's tradelist]

#23 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

Yay for it being all weekend, I'm gonna be in no-mans land Deleware for Thanksgiving, and the deal lasting until Sunday is fantastic.

#24 daminion

daminion

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have more credit than I've ever had at GS before (over 1K) but sadly with the Best Buy glitch a few weeks back I have nothing left to purchase. Might do some xmas shopping for the kids though.

#25 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

the GS site kinda sucks major balls in the checkout process. I was going to buy 2 games recently, but it wanted to charge a bogus ass "handling" fee even though I used the saver coupon for free value shipping (plus cag16 and edge card). I couldn't shake the handling fee, so I said screw it, I'll wait for the appropriate coupon.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#26 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

About time. Need to pick up some vital accessories.

Batsugunner.png

#27 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

Siiiick! I just bought a used copy of Modern Warfare 2 a few nights ago. I'll return that shit and hold out until next Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted Image

#28 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:25 PM

I remember they had a B2G1, Plus a 30% off used games coupon that stacked together like a year or two ago. That was the best. I ordered like 9 games in that one, which is my personal best, lol.

#29 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

Will be picking up some for the PS3. Thanks OP! Borderlands, Dragon Age and ???

#30 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

I have more credit than I've ever had at GS before (over 1K) but sadly with the Best Buy glitch a few weeks back I have nothing left to purchase. Might do some xmas shopping for the kids though.

you have over 1k in store credit at GS.... holy crap