CAGcast #178: Clunts

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:39 AM

Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck discuss the big holiday releases including: Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, and God of War Collection. We've also got the latest industry and game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

Download - 112 minutes, 43MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 19 November 2009 - 06:51 AM.

#2 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

Sweet, while I have really enjoyed the live shows, can't wait for the 'original' flavor of CagCast!

Thanks for the hard work Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck!

#3 200STM

200STM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

Its awesome just in time for the week leading up to the day lol thanks cheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck

#4 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:41 AM

Thats cool wombat, I'm looking forward to The 40th Day, the weapon customization looks really sweet.

#5 crackerz

crackerz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

What's up with it just cutting out at the end. Hmmm.. Mid sentance about not drinking breast milk and done. I was really getting into the conversation too.

#6 rolio64

rolio64

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

I was looking forward to a show w/o shipwreck.

#7 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

Come on Wombat, anitbiotics for a virus??? That wont work, you need an antiviral.

#8 jax2001

jax2001

Finish AC:B

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Can't wait to listen at lunch...I'm also catching up with all the old shows. I'm up to episode 41.

#9 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

what, no twitter update about cagcast release?

#10 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

what, no twitter update about cagcast release?

I swear, I have to do everything around here. Crisis averted, the tweet has been twittered.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#11 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

Come on Wombat, anitbiotics for a virus??? That wont work, you need an antiviral.

I misspoke I have a bacterial infection, not viral. Still gross.

#12 rolio64

rolio64

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

Is shipwreck on the cagcast permanent now? Cause if so I can stop getting my hopes up each week that the show will just be wombat and cheapy.

#13 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

shipwreck to the rescue

#14 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

It's easy to make some Cheddar Biscuits that are close to Red Lobsters. Just make the regular biscuit recipe with Bisquick and add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and some garlic salt( maybe a teaspoon) to the mix.

#15 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

Where were you guys last week for my 7 hour drive to Wheeling???

Good show so far (I'm about 30 minutes in).

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#16 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

I saw you guys were doing live shows but just didn't have the time to listen. But I think it's an AWESOME! idea to have the live show streaming so I can listen while I'm out, even though I duno what time I'll be going out. Again, I think it's an amazing idea to do and just hope all works well and you have enough crap to keep us entertained long enough!

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#17 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Cheapy, it isn't really surprising to see how Obama's bow was taken out of context and made to look bad. That's just what the media does with Presidents.

It reminds me of how the news quoted Nixon as saying "I think that you would have to conclude that this is a great wall,"(in reference to the Great Wall of China) while conveniently omitting the second part of his quote "and it had to be built by a great people." to make him look stupid.

#18 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

I don't like Shipwreck on every episode either, he just doesn't mesh too well. Though I did want him this week since I wanted to see his opinion on the games that were released that Cheapy/Wombat would have discarded.

#19 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

I agree, sdp. I like Shipwreck as well, but I prefer episodes with just CheapyD and Wombat.

#20 CaptNink

CaptNink

Building consensus.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

Cheapy, you're welcome to visit me in Vancouver anytime! You can crash in my newly remodeled basement and I'll pay for the weed! :D
Posted Image]

#21 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

Oh my goodness, I didn't see the L in there at first. Careful with your headlines!

#22 Dr Killotron

Dr Killotron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

Hey cheapy. Lots of food talk this episode.. how's the diet going?

#23 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Antibiotics are for bacterial infections.

If your Dr is giving you these for a virus, he is going to to F you up with side effects, like fucking up your flora and giving you a yeast infection you can share with your Mrs. Also, he will be building up your antiobiotic resistance so that they won't work anymore when you get a real bacterial infection.

And don't get me started on Fluoroquinolone antibiotics--those are the worst for side effects and building up antibiotic resistance. Most Doctors give those out like candy.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#24 Teh Mango

Teh Mango

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Cat blunts, I light em up ever night....

#25 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Why does Cheapy use the the term on line when referring to waiting in a line? Is this an East Cost thing? I have never heard it before in my life until I heard Cheapy using it. The term in line, you wait in a line, you do not wait on a line. I always think he is talking about the internet.

#26 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

::Looks at title of podcast:: Ohh, I see what you did there...

#27 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

cant believe when it came to cell shading gaming you 3 didnt remember okami( for the ps2 and the wii). you all didnt miss much with the poer glove the damn thing was a joke and a bitch to set up. it had a bad on the arm and you could control the right/left movement by moving your hands but the a/b buttons were set to your middle and index finger if i recall correctly. and there was this huge freakin sensor thing you had to put around your tv very lame stuff and it was hot made your damn arm sweat so imagin the fun of getting your turn after someone had left all that yummy skin gravy inside. nasty.

#28 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

I defiantly disagree with you on the MW2 stuff.

Shipwreck: Mavarak is just a pawn, they're after the one pulling the strings.

CheapD: The story is crazy and over the top, but its not bad, if you paid attention to the first game its really cool what they do in this game, IW is absolutly doing stuff that noone has ever done in FPS's before just like they did in the first one. Its just straight up fun and good

listen to the Giantbomb special MW2 podcast, its really good.

#29 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

MW2 has quite possibly the worst story of all time. The best gem of it all is how an entire army can cross two oceans for a three pronged invasion of an entire CONTINENT all because they copied this fictional "ACS" thing. Apparently we can get a spy into the inner circle of a terrorist, but cannot use our own or other nations' intelligence services to warn of an invasion until the entire Russian military is right on top of us.

So fucking stupid.

And you know what, if there is an explanation for how this could happen in your fictional world then that is GREAT. Next time please tell us all what it is instead of saying "duhh dey gotz da ACS". Explain why NATO doesn't exist, explain how the CIA and other nations intelligence services obviously don't exist, and explain why we apparently have no Pacific or Atlantic fleet. MW2's main problem seems to be the fact that they never explain anything.

IW did absolutely nothing cool in MW2's single player that sets it apart from other FPS games. They just had a lot of "LOL GOTCHA" moments and killed you about 100 times. That number may be a slight exaggeration...

#30 Nemesis360

Nemesis360

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

As with any popular game, the snobby gaming elitists come out of the wood-work to hate it. I don't know anyone who plays Call of Duty for the story-telling but rather the set-pieces and excellent pacing - pretty much the game play.

It is funny since I thought the story in the game was on par with the ridiculousness of the Metal Gear Solid series. Yet, anytime anyone criticizes the story of MGS, they will go with their stupid argument "you are just too stupid to understand it."

I don't know what people were expecting. The game-play is what makes the Call of Duty games stand out. The only weakness is the story, and it is a valid criticism, but everything else in the game is just ridiculously... awesome. The game is obviously not for everyone - if you don't like shooters, why would you buy it?