Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

• Please log in to reply
3192 replies to this topic

#1 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

07/17/13 - Going to making a lot of changes - for the mean time - go here while I fix this thread up - http://freeandlegalp....wordpress.com/

Edited by Megazell, 04 December 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#2 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:17 AM

Free PC Gaming Bundles/Game Competitions

Spoiler

Edited by Megazell, 08 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#3 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

Sources

Below is a list of sites where I get some of the free games that I post and play.

Not Free Games But Free Stuff That Makes PC Gaming More Awesome!

Edited by Megazell, 07 March 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#4 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is your philosophy?

Spoiler

Q: Why do you prefer to play freeware and f2p PC games?

Spoiler

Q: What were the "nasty" trends?

Spoiler

Q: OK, I can understand that. But isn't going only freeware and f2p extreme?

Spoiler

Q: Retail markets have changed on the PC considerably, though. Look at the success of STEAM, GOG and Humble Bundle. Aren't those companies doing great things you can get behind with your $? A lot of games are sometimes for sales under $5 or "pay what you want" with DRM and such.

Spoiler

Q: If I find a game on your list that is not free and legal will you take it down?

Spoiler

Q: Do you ever donate?

Spoiler

Q: I've noticed that when you are on STEAM/Raptr/Xfire you're playing a lot of retails games that are not free...What's up with that?

Spoiler

Have a question you want to ask? PM or Post It! I'll look it over and add it. Let me know if you want your name shown or hidden.

Edited by Megazell, 19 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#5 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

decent showings from the rpg, fps, and racing genre you have there. i submit to you Albatross18 for a sports game (i think its back to being called Pangya now) for a free Hot Shots golf style game complete with special shots. Give it a look if you haven't already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PangYa

Also, while I'm not personally a fan, League of Legends is a free DotA styled game for something in the "kind of an RTS" genre.
http://en.wikipedia....ague_of_Legends

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:00 AM

decent showings from the rpg, fps, and racing genre you have there. i submit to you Albatross18 for a sports game (i think its back to being called Pangya now) for a free Hot Shots golf style game complete with special shots. Give it a look if you haven't already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PangYa

Also, while I'm not personally a fan, League of Legends is a free DotA styled game for something in the "kind of an RTS" genre.
http://en.wikipedia....ague_of_Legends

Not a video game sports fan (I play the sports in RL though) but I will give it a shot.

I been doing volunteer work at a program for at risk and runaway children for many years. Besides homework I assist with the IT department that uses donated computers. Since there is little funding I have the honor of looking for free and legal games to install to entertain the children during down time...So I've been posting games like this on different forums where there has been PC gaming interest.

I will check out the game and pass it along to the kids and others :)

Edited by Megazell, 29 September 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#7 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

You should add Trackmania Forever. The game is awesome. It looks fantastic, plays great, and has a really good built in track creator.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#8 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

You should add Trackmania Forever. The game is awesome. It looks fantastic, plays great, and has a really good built in track creator.

It's on my list. I have over 9456 games (last time I counted) that are free and installed. It's a very popular game at my children's center :) Some of them have even made tracks and mods for the game :)

Edited by Megazell, 24 May 2010 - 02:30 PM.

#9 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:00 AM

A most intriguing thread. You have my thanks for it, and a recommendation for Beneath a Steel Sky

Posted Image

#10 Pecan

Pecan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

List looks pretty good so far :applause:

You should add Mechcommander 1 and 2 to it at some point :D

Both are fantastic strategy games and they were made available as free downloads.
http://mechcommander.org/

Also, thread rated 5 stars :o!

#11 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

A most intriguing thread. You have my thanks for it, and a recommendation for Beneath a Steel Sky

List looks pretty good so far :applause:

You should add Mechcommander 1 and 2 to it at some point :D

Both are fantastic strategy games and they were made available as free downloads.
http://mechcommander.org/

Also, thread rated 5 stars :o!

Thanks for the e-props :lol: I will be checking out both of these games the moment I have some spare time. For now I will take a rest...Enjoy the games ladies and gents!

#12 beach_BumX

beach_BumX

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hey Megazell, did you hear of Battlefield of Heroes? It's a fun-free-online FPS made from EA that totally imitates Team Fortress. I was camping on it this past weekend.

#13 DrFoo

DrFoo

I think I can beat you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:18 AM

Very nice list. I recommend adding Dwarf Fortress to that list. Dwarf Fortress is a ridiculously deep simulator where you try to build up a fortress and not let your dwarves die (or at least make them die in amusing ways). The graphics are terrible but it will run on most any computer and it's really addicting.

#14 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hey Megazell, did you hear of Battlefield of Heroes? It's a fun-free-online FPS made from EA that totally imitates Team Fortress. I was camping on it this past weekend.

I have. I even tried it for a bit. I had only one gripe with it, not many players or servers up at the time. It was early on though so perhaps that has changed. I will give it a try again soon.

Very nice list. I recommend adding Dwarf Fortress to that list. Dwarf Fortress is a ridiculously deep simulator where you try to build up a fortress and not let your dwarves die (or at least make them die in amusing ways). The graphics are terrible but it will run on most any computer and it's really addicting.

Never heard of this one @ all. I will take a look @ this one as well. I am going to be passing on some of these games to the kids first and have them take a look.

The responses I am getting here is great :)

Edited by Megazell, 18 November 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#15 Bretts31344

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

Awesome list so far. Thanks for the postings.

#16 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: fuckin' badass. Like, "Mega Man 2 Wily's Castle Song" level of badass.

Posted Image

#17 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

very cool thread, thanks op. many of these would be likely to run on a netbook.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#18 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

very cool thread, thanks op. many of these would be likely to run on a netbook.

Yes many of them do. In fact, I have a great many games on my Netbook along with a Saitek P220, that I picked up for $5.99 at Staples for when I have to travel. Airports waits can be long and boring. :bomb:

#19 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

B5: IFH is amazing, but it's definitly not for newbies.

It features true space manueverability, as in once you stop accelerating, you don't slow down. You need to thrust in the opposite direction to slow down. It gives some crazy manuevers, but takes getting used to.

Still, it's a damn good time.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#20 Drizzt

Drizzt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

Wow I had no idea some of these games existed! :shock: Thanks for the list! I'll definitely try out Nexuiz since it looks like it features non-stop gameplay, something that I've been missing from the FPS genre for many years now.

#21 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

Wow I had no idea some of these games existed! :shock: Thanks for the list! I'll definitely try out Nexuiz since it looks like it features non-stop gameplay, something that I've been missing from the FPS genre for many years now.

Nexiuz is one of the best from this list. It's like UT and Quake had a love child. I have a lot of family members and close friends that love this game dearly. In the children center that I volunteer for many of the kids there have made maps for the game.

I play that game often. It's part of my top 3 - It's always in my rotation. :bouncy:

I have a lot more than whats on this list. I have 1 PC with almost 5 TBs of games on it alone. As time goes on I will post more. Who should I contact about making this a sticky thread?

#22 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

TOP NOTCH!

Thank you so much for taking the time to work on this amazing list. :D
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#23 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

This is an amazing thread, when I have more time I'm going to check some of these out. Thanks Megazell.

#24 MasterSprtn117

MasterSprtn117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

Wow. Thanks for creating this list! When I get a better computer or laptop, I'll be sure to check these out.

#25 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:31 AM

Wow. Thanks for creating this list! When I get a better computer or laptop, I'll be sure to check these out.

Why wait some of the games on this list take up less resources than logging on to this forum requires :lol:

Edited by Megazell, 14 May 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#26 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

great thread!

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#27 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

Why, why are you so good to us Megazell? I hope this thing gets stickied quick.

Ever consider sharing your top 3 or 5 games?

#28 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:43 AM

Why, why are you so good to us Megazell? I hope this thing gets stickied quick.

Ever consider sharing your top 3 or 5 games?

On a serious level - I just don't believe people should have to pay the prices many have been paying for games for the last 5 years. Too many hands in the pot and the content is still the same (more or less). It's like people are paying more for less as each year goes by in the gaming sector. Plus, I love that look (or what I imagine to be the look from online viewers) on people's face when they see a high quality game and find out it's 100% free.

On the fun side - Fuck it! That's why! :lol:

1) Nexuiz

2) Rise and Fall: Civilizations At War

3) Dungeon and Dragons Online

When I am playing with my family/kids...

4) Frets On Fire

5) Street Fighter Online

I like the mini games (small games like Robocop 2D 2 and 3 and others like it) for when I have only 10 to 20 minutes to spare.

My gaming time is very structured (family, wives, outdoor hobbies...) so if anyone is interested in teaming up I am on Xfire every Wednesday and Sunday 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST as Megazell.

Edited by Megazell, 30 November 2009 - 05:08 AM.

#29 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:35 AM

Damn.

I'd be down for tons of these if I had the time. I used to play the hell out of Command and Conquer Red Alert when it first came out.

EDIT - HUUUUUGE WTF at "I want to be the guy". That shit was making me tense just watching the video.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#30 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image