Photo
- - - - -

[Canada] Best Buy: Buy 2 get 1 free (Dec. 4-10)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:37 AM

Unconfirmed (I wonder where you can get NEXT week's flyer on Tuesday) from RFD:

http://www.redflagde...ec-10-a-821365/

No rainchecks, new games only, 1 per customer (poor balonis)

PM with EB's flyer this Friday for madness.

L4D2 $43.49 after PM
Dragon Age $43.49 after PM
NHL 10 FREE
Total: $87 for 3 games, works out to $29 EACH. Pretty much equivalent to PM'ing TRU's promo this week.

I'm PM'ing L4D2 PC for sure. Now I just need 2 other games...

#2 Snak3

Snak3

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

Hmm Assassins Creed 2, Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, what should I get free =/

#3 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

This Tempts me. I mean New SMB Uncharted 2 and LBP

#4 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

Maybe he's found a spare flux capacitor lying around? Either way, definitely tempting to get in on this, even though I've bought a boatload of games the past couple weeks. I just hope FS does the same thing, they're a lot closer than BB!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#5 Corizzle

Corizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

This is really tempting to me. Left 4 Dead II, Brutal Legend and DragonAge: Origins. We will have to see if I can avoid temptation. I've spent too much this past week with Boxing Day less then a month away :(.
Want Amazon, Paypal or Starbucks gift cards just by searching the internet? Just join swag bucks then. I have earned $140 in Amazon GCs so far.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Video gaming since 1978

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

Well, if this is true then I'm going to have to take advantage of it. Problem is, what game other than Demon's Souls do I want? Maybe Prototype and Madden NFL '10?

brighat2007.png

#7 IceBlueShoes

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:48 AM

I wonder if they'll price match... I bought 2 games last weekend and they matched the NO tax at RCSS, and then went back this past weekend to get them to match the price drop with LFD2...
Hmm...
Posted Image
Mr.Mosquito, where art thou? :whee::pray:

#8 Shazbot

Shazbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

While tempting, I don't have the money for this. Even if I did there is only really one game that is coming soon, that being Spirit Tracks.

Posted Image

#9 broccoli

broccoli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:00 AM

You won't be able to PM a lower price, and still get the 1 game free.

#10 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

You won't be able to PM a lower price, and still get the 1 game free.

Yeah I'm thinking you're right, that's a pretty large YMMV. I'll sure as hell try, though! My local FS had no problem matching the TrU promo with Dragon Age and L4D2
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

Damn, I've already bought all of the games I want for now. Next game I'm interested in is God of War 3 in March, unless Darksiders doesn't suck.

#12 djsaiyan

djsaiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

Wow, people on RFD don't seem to know how buy 2 get 1s generally work do they?

The cheapest game of your three is free. Not buy a 69.99, a 39.99, and then get a 69.99 free. Oi vey.

#13 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

Yeah I was laughing at that earlier. It goes on for like two pages, too. Common sense does not prevail, apparently.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

Oh wells, it would have been very tempting, but I've got to skip this deal this year. Nothing I really want...

Brutal Legend is something that might interest me, but its $40 now...
Posted Image

#15 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

Normally this would be super hot, but with all the other deals/trade promos it's just meh.. I don't think I will pick anything up at all, unless I can come up with some $30-$40 titles.

#16 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Video gaming since 1978

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:15 PM

Wow, people on RFD don't seem to know how buy 2 get 1s generally work do they?

The cheapest game of your three is free. Not buy a 69.99, a 39.99, and then get a 69.99 free. Oi vey.

Yeah, they aren't the brightest lights but when you're 14, you're still learning.

I think I'm going to have to pass. I really don't want another game other than Demon's Souls. But hey, if they would be willing to have another B2G1F sale in March, I'd be BBC's biggest fan.

Of course, if The Saboteur gets good reviews, I might reconsider.

brighat2007.png

#17 Pandareus

Pandareus

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

lol, I rushed to this board thinking I had a scoop. Anyway, consider this 2 for 1 deal confirmed.

#18 shadow_nine

shadow_nine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

I wonder if they will allow B2G1F for putting a ISPU for the games currently priced at 39.99 and picking them up on Friday when the promo is in effect.

#19 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I wonder if they will allow B2G1F for putting a ISPU for the games currently priced at 39.99 and picking them up on Friday when the promo is in effect.

If you ISPU an item BEFORE it goes on sale, the invoice will show the higher price, but it will scan at the sale price. You get it for the sale price.

However, if you ISPU a sale item and pick it up AFTER the sale, the invoice will show a lower price than scanned. Do you still get it for the sale price?

#20 zoro69

zoro69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

Im sure you could do a pickup and get the deal. i mean, have the games waiting to get the b2g1, not try and combine 2 separate week sales.

lol, some of the ones on rfd I've assumed were 14 have later mentioned being married, having kids, being in their 20s, etc. it seems to be hitting an all time low with dumb posts, on may threads.

#21 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

ispu locks in the price
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#22 NYR

NYR

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hey Guys,

I was the one who posted that deal on RFD. No Deloran either, just got early flyer delivery! It's freezing in Calgary nowadays, guess the flyer peeps want to stay out of the colder weather later this week! :)

#23 Jbently

Jbently

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'll probably try to get DA:O, NFS Shift and LFD2 for instore pickup on Thurs. to get in time for the sale. These sales do really make all the trade-in promos seem less of a great deal though, which can be a good thing!

Although, I can't wait to see all the scams RFD is going to try and run next week, especially with the characters who love to return games every day after hoarding the week before.

#24 Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:32 AM

This seems ideal for cheapish games. I plan to grab the GTA episodes, LKS and GOW Collection.

#25 kyle071785

kyle071785

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

ya no other EA games besides L4D2 really appeal to me and I won't pay more than $29 for it tops sometime down the line...

i could pick up demon's souls and something else...but whatever I've bought enough to last me for a while. These sales aren't even that great to me. If you buy 3 full price games you're paying $140 + tax total ($69x2)...it'll be around $50/game which is really mediocre unless you take advantage of PM'ing if you are able to

we better get some real boxing day sales this year...I'm tired of the bull**** canadian "mega" sales all the time

#26 Pajo

Pajo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:51 AM

Buzz (the new one), Super Mario Bros (wii), GOW Collection, Ratchet and Clank (new one), L4D2 (pc)

now, which 3 to get...

EDIT: also, do you know if other stores PM B2G1 offers?

Edited by Pajo, 03 December 2009 - 05:52 AM.

#27 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

Buzz (the new one), Super Mario Bros (wii), GOW Collection, Ratchet and Clank (new one), L4D2 (pc)

now, which 3 to get...

Technically FS doesn't have to PM since this is "free offer"
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 collector42

collector42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

now, which 3 to get...

Make one of them Mario. Nintendo games hold their "value" forever.

Remember how Mario Kart: Double Dash for Gamecube sold nearly 5 million copies yet never made it to "Player's Choice" pricing?

Nintendo isn't looking to cut anyone a break on price. EA titles fall fast. Ratchet will be a Greatest Hits title if you wait. GOW is cheap and will likely remain where it is for a while. Buzz screams bargain bin to me.

my 2 cents...

#29 Pajo

Pajo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

well I cant really find the original buzz (for ps3 that is) anywhere under $40 (outside of eBay)
or I'm not looking hard enough...

#30 collector42

collector42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

well I cant really find the original buzz (for ps3 that is) anywhere under $40 (outside of eBay)
or I'm not looking hard enough...

I could have swore it was on clearance at the Source, and in the Roger's bin of 50% off. Of course that doesn't really help you today...