CAGcast #180: I Call Titans!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:45 AM

Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck discuss the ECA controversy, Madden NFL Arcade, MW2, Borderlands DLC, and Assassin's Creed II. We've also got the latest industry and game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

Download - 97 minutes, 41MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 03 December 2009 - 06:56 AM.

#2 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:58 AM

I just downloaded a cagcast 180 from itunes and it is the black friday live call in. I doubt this is just something I'm getting a problem from so you might want to get on that quick. I'll download the mp3 though.
Steam ID: adamska2020

#3 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:00 AM

Sorry about that...fixed!

#4 kilm

kilm

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

I was just listening to Wombat talk about his itinerary and Shipwreck chimed in. This is gonna be a good Cagcast

#5 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

Really interested in seeing your guys' thoughts on ECA. Should be a great show.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:17 AM

Y'know, with all this ECA stuff flying around, you could roll out CAG Premium quietly and not seem so bad.

If you do this, I deserve 20% of the profits for coming up with the idea.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7 Dr Geo

Dr Geo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:18 AM

although i am a new listener, i am loving this podcast. What is the release date for these? If i remember correctly, you have released them on Sunday's before?

Anyways, keep it up! :)

Y'know, with all this ECA stuff flying around, you could roll out CAG Premium quietly and not seem so bad.

If you do this, I deserve 20% of the profits for coming up with the idea.

LOL 20% is a bit steep, you CAG. :P

#8 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

Im lookin at itunes store on my ipod and i dont see the show.
cant go on my computer cause my ipod is messed up and have to take it to apple.

guess ill listen to it on this MAC which i dont like
had to make my nw My Funnies !!! with it ehhhhhh
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#9 TimDJ84

TimDJ84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

love that cereal...brings me back to when my family was on a budget

#10 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

Don't hurt yourself answering so many cagbag questions next time.
I get it though, Wombat was gearing up for his trip but you guys could make some more room for questions next time. Or maybe just spend an extra thirty seconds before the show flagging questions that are interesting instead of just figuring out which ones to go with on air.
Steam ID: adamska2020

#11 200STM

200STM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:27 AM

this was a good podcast next Ill just ask how the maple syrup is XD it was nice to hear what that eca thing was about good show cags

#12 weevles

weevles

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

Can't wait to listen!

#13 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

Yeah the Avatar movie looks kinda ridiculous.

#14 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

Great show, so far. I had the same problem joining the ECA as Wombat did, I ended up using another one of my email addresses and signed up again, and that second time it prompted me to enter in my payment information and was able to access the benefits.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#15 thwak

thwak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

Just because I know a ton of people are going to point this out, If you go back in the museum level in modern warfare 2 there's a call button at the receptionist desk and it will say "do NOT press x (or square, or f depending on what you're playing the game on)" .

Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck, press x. That's all I'll say. Just press x.

#16 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

where's the itunes ver? cant see it on itunes

edit, it finally popped up, yay for me

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#17 McWeen

McWeen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Wow the show was going for quite awhile before you hit game discussion, this is not a complaint.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
George W Bush: "I promise you that the terrorists will suffer like G did."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#18 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

New cagcast, sweet! I can't wait to find out what oversized meal Wombat had this week!
Posted Image

#19 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hey Wombat, did you happen to read the reviews on that Epson you purchased during black friday? I was gonna buy the same thing but reading the reviews for it , I changed my mind, they were horrible? Seems they eat ink and don't return the value of the purchase price.

And they Avatar movie looks like @ss and I hope it flops, there's definitely too much hype over it for nothing. 1st trailer I saw on the movie was talking about another world and humans invading and some dude siding with the blue people and going to war. The next trailer I saw looks like a Disney movie talking about A whole new world and blue people falling in love and living in a forest with no mention of human invading and killing anything. It looked so serene and peaceful.

Those two contradicting commercials killed it for me , not that I ever bought in to the hype. Movie looks boring and story sucks @ss. That's my two cents on this overhyped, overly marketed piece of crap, it will probably end up like Land of the Lost.

Thanks for listening.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#20 Zelos

Zelos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

With the whole ECA thing, I do feel for them because it could have been an awesome setup they had with amazon and the likes, But they do need to either set up an online method for canceling memberships or donations or whatever the auto renewal is. Personally I have no idea what the ECA does this is the first time I have ever heard of them, so I'll probably look into it just because I'm curiouse about it now.

If it really is an issue where they can't do online cancellations which seems a little ........ yeah ....

if it was me I would just cancel all auto renewals flat out and after issuing a letter/email(s) of explaining the situation and assuring your client/members/donors(?) that all auto renewals have been canceled unilaterally, and invite people back.

Since it seems that they are catching more negative press from their arcane method of cancellation than the amazon deal going south.

Make good with amazon sit down hammer things out?
Maybe try offering a discount to returning members?

Edited by Zelos, 03 December 2009 - 02:47 PM.

#21 Jake Tower

Jake Tower

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

Solution for the phantom doorbell ringer: disable your doorbell.
Posted Image

#22 leftwing1018

leftwing1018

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

solution for the doorbell, rewire it to a speaker outside of your door
so when they press it, you can have it yell something absurd at them ;)

(this could be done with a staples 'Easy' button)

Edited by leftwing1018, 03 December 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#23 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

OK, how sad is this. I am a Titans fan (see avatar below... yes I paid the awful premium for the jersey) and I tried the trial of Madden Arcade. Of course, I chose the Titans as my team.... and lost to the AI. Yeah.

#24 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

OK, how sad is this. I am a Titans fan (see avatar below... yes I paid the awful premium for the jersey) and I tried the trial of Madden Arcade. Of course, I chose the Titans as my team.... and lost to the AI. Yeah.

Trial version probably has Collins at quarterback. It's the combo of Young & Johnson that make them unstoppable once you learn how to use them properly.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#25 clarke32

clarke32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

I'm suprised MW2 wasn't the best selling game of November

#26 clarke32

clarke32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:07 PM

I didn't know Wombat was a Jets fan. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 lonnnnnnnnnnnng years

#27 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

Good ECA discussion. Cheapy, I think you missed one key detail in that if you happened to click on the cancel button while it was still active your membership will probably still continue since it was never working anyway.

And I totally agree with Wombat. You should be emailing Hal and explaining to him that you have a lot of angry users who signed up and are now screwed. This idiot won't stop bitching about the few coupon stackers to realize he's taking it out on everyone when, as you guys also pointed out, is supposed to be leading an organization to "serve the needs of those who play computer and video games".

#28 Gshocker

Gshocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Listening to the show now. Great so far. Funny to hear all the Black Friday talk.. standing in line vs. getting a job and just paying full price.

The doorbell thing is interesting.. I am guessing the parties involved know there is a big bald white guy living there as I expect that fact alone makes it fun for them. Certainly keep us updated on the ongoing saga.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

"Erin Andrews is a popular ESPN sportscaster who was voted “America’s Sexiest Sportscaster” by Playboy Magazine each of the last two years. And now, she is being viewed naked all over the internet. Reports are that a video of Andrews undressing was shot through a peephole while she was in a hotel room. "

Rig your peephole with a camera.

Also if the kids are going to the elevator, can you tell what floor they take it to? Might help you identify them.

I know my 8 yr old has a spy kit. Inside is a trip "wire" ~infrared beam gadget. It's the size of 2 packs of cards. He sets it down and activates it. And if I walk by it then its internal alarm goes off. And this is a toy. Might be able to find something smaller and more deviously professional.

How about applying some stinky goo to your doorbell when you know the package man ain't coming?

Edited by trip1eX, 03 December 2009 - 05:33 PM.

#30 jim kilroy

jim kilroy

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hey Wombat, did you happen to read the reviews on that Epson you purchased during black friday? I was gonna buy the same thing but reading the reviews for it , I changed my mind, they were horrible? Seems they eat ink and don't return the value of the purchase price.

I buy cheap no-name brand ink for my Epson printer (CX5000). A single Epson ink cartridge costs $20.00 but you can get 8 generic cartridges for the same price. They work just as good too.

You can find them on Ebay.