Photo
- - - - -

Buy Xbox 360 (other HW may qualify) get 1600 FREE ms Points (Target, In-store only)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
319 replies to this topic

#1 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:39 AM

Not sure if this deal has been posted yet but i happen to stumble across it today:

This deal is in-store only and Expires 12/24/09. and you need to go to target.com to print off a coupon.

***Some CAG users are also noting this works with some accessories as well. ***

**Dont forget you can combine this with Target's REDcard to get an additional 10% off.**

The fine print reads:
Offer valid in-store purchase only. Void if altered, transferred, scanned...Limit one item or offer per coupon. No cash value. Offer good while quantities last. Maximum retail value $19.99 for free item 207-08-0002. <<---(Im guessing this is the DPCI for the points card).

Edited by shrike4242, 16 December 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#2 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

Not a deal, really. Compared to Wal-Mart's $100 Arcade, this is blown out of the water.

Anyways, thank you for the attempt, I just wish that retailers would try harder this time of the year.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#3 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

Yea I'm looking for a deal sometime before Christmas for an arcade unit. It's a gift and didn't get an extra one for $100 after figuring in GC since I hadn't decided to gift one... Sadly this is the best deal if you want one right now and are not intersted in the tru junk + dragon age/ nfs.

#4 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

hxhawkeye found a way to print the coupons for windows 7.

#5 dusbbal2008

dusbbal2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

over at slickdeals there are numerous reports of people being able to use the coupon with games and controllers and other things of that nature

#6 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

over at slickdeals there are numerous reports of people being able to use the coupon with games and controllers and other things of that nature

Because someone reported it here first. There is another thread on this in the VG forum that indicates it works on other "hardware".

#7 Magikarp830

Magikarp830

SPLASH had no effect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

Thanks OP! I'm gonna try it out with a 1600 MS Pts card... I wonder if I can get the 2 for 1... probably very YMMV, but we'll see...

EDIT: 2 1600 pt cards didn't work, but coupon scanned fine (no override) with purchase of "You're in the Movies" Live camera bundle ($20). So I'm pretty happy, cause I was looking for a cheap way to buy that game...

Edited by Magikarp830, 07 December 2009 - 03:18 AM.

#8 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

Links to the coupon:

http://i.imgur.com/AfLwD.jpg

http://bayimg.com/MagBmAacb

http://img5.imagesha.../lastscanor.jpg
Posted Image

#9 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

this worked for my wife last night. She bought me the xbox remote control and got the points for free. They had to do a manual override and it took the 19.99 off the remote so she got the purchase tax free since it was actually a purchase for the card.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thanks OP! I'm gonna try it out with a 1600 MS Pts card... I wonder if I can get the 2 for 1... probably very YMMV, but we'll see...

EDIT: 2 1600 pt cards didn't work, but coupon scanned fine (no override) with purchase of "You're in the Movies" Live camera bundle ($20). So I'm pretty happy, cause I was looking for a cheap way to buy that game...

thanks for confirming that.

#11 Justshovejayohbe

Justshovejayohbe

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

it kind of sucks though because I don't want any more hardware for it... I don't feel like you really need anything beyond the play-charge kit... Are the wireless headsets any good? is the chatpad useful?

#12 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

Interesting that it presumably works for accessories too. Might be worth using on a play & charge kit or something.

Edit: Reading the slickdeals thread it seems a little too YMMV whether this will actually work. Probably not worth the trouble.

Posted Image

#13 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

My target is right by the mall, so not sure if it is worth driving out there at this time of year. Anyone know the cheapest games they have? Do they have Rock Revolution for like 5 bucks like everyother place does lol?
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#14 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

Success, bought a play and charge kit and got the card. Had to do a manual override but no questions asked.

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#15 MrChan

MrChan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

I went to the target in sunnyvale, CA and tried getting 2 cards with the coupon. He told me it didn't work. He then read the coupon and told me I have to buy "hardware" in order for it to work so I got a plug and charge battery pack (I needed one anyways) and it still didn't work. He got his supervisor to override it. It looked like they just added a generic $20 coupon, so I asked if I could just get the 2 cards and was told no, but w/e I didn't argue. So I got a 1600 ms points card and a plug and charge battery pack for 20 bucks. I'll get a picture posted of the receipt when I get the chance

edit: i'm having trouble putting the image here so here's the link:
http://img41.imagesh...6/dsc00652o.jpg

http://img41.imagesh.../dsc00652o.jpg/

Edited by MrChan, 08 December 2009 - 03:23 AM.

#16 MrChan

MrChan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

OP you should change the title of the thread as some ppl were able to use the coupon without buying a console.

#17 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

It works just fine, no correction needed with You're in the Movies. The important thing is that you have to ring up the Game first, then the card, then the coupon.

It worked for me with a play and charge kit as well, she did an override without even saying anything though.

#18 NexusMIT

NexusMIT

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

The coupon works (without override) if you buy any Xbox 360 game. I bought Ghost Recon 2 for $10 and Bad Company for $15 and got 2x1600 points free.

Who knew games were considered hardware and acccessories were not.

#19 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

Games working for this coupon is YMMV. I tried it in Cleveland with a clearance game and it did not scan. I was gonna leave it at that and not press the issue, but the cashier went ahead and did an override without me even asking. That was a first!

I went to a different Target to try a couple ridiculous scenarios. I tried using a second 1600pt card as the item purchased, and I also tried using their "$1 reservation card" for pre-sales, both did not scan through. As expected and I wasn't about to argue it's denial, but ya never know!

#20 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

I'm gonna head to Target after work..hopefully I can get one of the average lady chasiers to override it without raising a suspicion. I know there were a couple of $14.98 clearance games that caught my eye the other day...hopefully one of those will work.

If not, I suppose I could go with the Play N Charge everyone else has been getting
Posted Image

#21 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

it kind of sucks though because I don't want any more hardware for it... I don't feel like you really need anything beyond the play-charge kit... Are the wireless headsets any good? is the chatpad useful?

the wireless headset is a luxury, it was one of the first CAG purchases I made last holiday and alas it was DOA but I was able to exchange it for a working one. It works but I find myself using the wired headset since it's really trouble free, no charging wait time, and you tend to forget you have it one when you're immersed into a MP game.

The chatpad is as useful as you make it. If you have a headset you can just send a voice message to your buddies and if you need to edit text on your profile you can just type all that out on xbox .com in your XBL profile.

I suppose if you have twitter and FB on your xbox it would be more useful, maybe the introduction of those apps will cause MS to make different colored chatpads.

I'd buy one if it came in black or red to match my controllers.

#22 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

the wireless headset is a luxury, it was one of the first CAG purchases I made last holiday and alas it was DOA but I was able to exchange it for a working one. It works but I find myself using the wired headset since it's really trouble free, no charging wait time, and you tend to forget you have it one when you're immersed into a MP game.

I second the headset as a luxury. I paid about 12 bucks for it when Best Buy clearanced out the EndWar Bundles. I also had to return the first one which was a big frustrating.

That said, It's a good device when working and charged, which is the other thing you need to manage when using it often.

#23 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

Nice. Have to use this coupon tomorrow unless...

Is this the best deal out on a 360 right now?

#24 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

On sunday I went and bought one 1600 point card and got the other free but he had to enter the code manually because scanning the coupon didn't work. Today I went and the cashier said that they told her yesterday not to type in the code she talked to the customer service desk lady and she said I had to buy the system.

#25 BaratoGamer

BaratoGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Successful when I purchased a charge and play kit along with the 1600 MS Points. Without manager intervention, the cashier manually keyed in $19.99 coupon after reading the coupon details.

#26 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Another success story. I also went with the Play & Charge kit and took it and the pts up to the front registers. The cashier almost did the overrider herself, but decided to ask someone else. The manager looked over the coupon and the items and approved it. Score!

#27 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

1600 points richer! Went to my store and picked up an Xbox Universal Remote and some points. Funny thing...i placed the remote first on the register's moving conveyor belt so that she'd ring it up first, and ironically the points got stuck underneath the belt..she was like "whoop, shit" so i had to go back and get another card...but the transaction went perfectly.

now i have 3220 points that i am clueless what to do with
Posted Image

#28 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

It works just fine, no correction needed with You're in the Movies. The important thing is that you have to ring up the Game first, then the card, then the coupon.

It worked for me with a play and charge kit as well, she did an override without even saying anything though.

I was gonna try this but has anyone else had success stories the past two days. I'm worried Target managment is gonna wise up soon.
Anyways my plan was to go buy a cheep game, have them ring the game first, then the card use the coupon and see what happens. Wish me luck?

#29 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

Also if games still work for this coupon, does anybody think clearance games would be any different?

#30 BaratoGamer

BaratoGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:05 AM

Also if games still work for this coupon, does anybody think clearance games would be any different?

Got another set of free 1600 MS points when I just purchased two clearance games along with the $10 coupon that expired 11/25/2009 (still valid apparently).

Coupon:
http://
slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282485&d=1257954497