Toys R Us Phantasy Star/Resistance Retribtion PSP 14.99 2 Days Only

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 BowserK

BowserK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

Toys R Us has Phantasy Star and Resistance Retribution for PSP at 14.99 from 12/4 to 12/05.

might be good for a flip :-#

Resistance Retribution:
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3432790

Phantasy Star Portable:
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3538534

#2 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

With shipping resistance retribution is $19.97 + tax. Not bad at all. I'd assume it's the same for Phantasy Star, didn't bother to check. :lol:

#3 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:35 AM

Gotta eventually get around to buying Resistance. Big fan of the series. I know TRU and their website are separate entities, so does anyone know the in-store price?

#4 BowserK

BowserK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

or free s/h if you pick it up in-store. :)

#5 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

These will be in store also. Part of this weekends 2 day sale.

#6 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:47 AM

Thanks, prim and OP!

#7 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:49 AM

In store? Awesome. I kind of wish it was Phantasy Star 0 instead of Portable, but that's a great price.

I played a friend's copy of Resistance Retribution for a while but not enough to be able to gauge how good a transfer of the Resistance console experience it was. Anyone have input?

---

#8 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:59 AM

Is TRU still linked to amazon at all? I assume not. I have prime so itd be nice not to have to pay for shipping.. Closest TRU is 35 mins away so id prefer not to waste the gas money plus tax ugh.

#9 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

Guess they are not. I wish Amazon would price match it. Id be game with prime.. 2 day free shipping, no tax. Itd be another insane deal for a top PSP game (got Dissidia for $15 through amazon a couple days ago)

#10 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

In for Phantasy Star Portable.

Thanks OP

#11 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:10 AM

i think i picked up Phantasy Star Portable: off gamestop a year or two ago (whever their dollar days sale was for i think 19.99 or was this game 9.99)

still sealed LOL

if amazon would PM would pick up resistance ..though im going right past a TRU tomorrow might stop and see

game is only worth 600 goozex pts (30 cash) not worth it to flip (be close to 20 after tax and shipping maybe even 22)
WOOOO I STINK

#12 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:15 AM

i think i picked up Phantasy Star Portable: off gamestop a year or two ago (whever their dollar days sale was for i think 19.99 or was this game 9.99)

The game just came out in March this year, how were you able to get it a year or two ago?:lol:

#13 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

The game just came out in March this year, how were you able to get it a year or two ago?:lol:

Maybe he has a Delorean. 8-);)

#14 ronin47

ronin47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:48 AM

In store? Awesome. I kind of wish it was Phantasy Star 0 instead of Portable, but that's a great price.

I played a friend's copy of Resistance Retribution for a while but not enough to be able to gauge how good a transfer of the Resistance console experience it was. Anyone have input?

Retribution's single player was much better then Resistance 2's single player. It puts it to shame. Also, some portions of it are quite challenging.

#15 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:51 AM

Be aware as well with the release of Adhoc Party for the PS3 that there are more people breaking out Phantasy Star Portable to play multiplayer. There should be some carryover to Phantasy Star Portable 2 when it is eventually released here in the US as well....
Posted Image

#16 vesp

vesp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:53 AM

Phantasy Star Portable is really good and super worth it at that price. It's pretty much the game I'm most angry about not being available for the GO and the sequel is my most anticipated PSP game by far (other than maybe P3Portable).

#17 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:42 AM

Thanks, might get Phantasy Star Portable.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#18 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:38 AM

Phantasy Star Portable is weak compared to PSP2 and Phantasy Star Zero.

#19 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:29 AM

Does anyone know if you can still bring used games into TRU for a gift card? I have a bunch of old games I dont play anymore (some old sport games that have decent value at tru) so just curious. I got 4 games that i have not played in forever tru shows the trade in value online as $35.. So I could pay for both games without spending more $ lol.. I mean I got the $ but I have been blowing too much.

#20 vesp

vesp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

Phantasy Star Portable is weak compared to PSP2 and Phantasy Star Zero.

PSP2 wont be out for months if it all and PS0 is on a different system and is more different than better. It better captures the feel of the original PSO and has online play without needing a ps3; but the graphics/camera/controls/available pallets blow. Only being able to map 6 actions/items is nearly inexcusable as is any reasonable way of weapon switching.

That's kinda like saying dont buy Halo 3 cheap because Halo Reach and Uncharted 2 are better.

#21 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

PSP2 wont be out for months if it all and PS0 is on a different system and is more different than better. It better captures the feel of the original PSO and has online play without needing a ps3; but the graphics/camera/controls/available pallets blow. Only being able to map 6 actions/items is nearly inexcusable as is any reasonable way of weapon switching.

That's kinda like saying dont buy Halo 3 cheap because Halo Reach and Uncharted 2 are better.

Original PSO called. It wants its control scheme back. It was always only 6 mappable actions.

#22 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Gotta eventually get around to buying Resistance. Big fan of the series. I know TRU and their website are separate entities, so does anyone know the in-store price?

The PSP version is worth it, IMHO. The campaign is super long, the gameplay is quite good, and it even has online multiplayer with voice chat.

#23 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

Wish this was an Amazon sale... Good price for Phantasy Star but shipping and tax kind of kills it for me.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#24 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Wish this was an Amazon sale... Good price for Phantasy Star but shipping and tax kind of kills it for me.

To alleviate the shipping just go to your local TRU to pick it up - it's the same price there.

#25 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

In for Phantasy Star Portable. This will tide me over until Phantasy Star Zero drops. Thanks, OP!

#26 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

I love Phantasy Star Portable. Awesome price.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#27 jd2k9

jd2k9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

I just picked up both. I traded in 4 old games I have not played in over a year (2 of them its been 2 years) I got $33 trade in so I did not have to pay for them at all. Great deal :)

#28 nbr2son

nbr2son

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

If you enjoyed the Syphon Filter PSP's like me, go get Retribution.

#29 J7.

J7.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

Why not just buy Resistance Retribution at Amazon for $13.43 shipped? Just use a nonfeatured merchant. People already have here with good success.
http://www.cheapassg...437#post6347437

http://www.amazon.co...1&condition=new

#30 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

Awesome! In for both!

I'll have to swing over to TRU tonight and see if they have them both at that price.