Price Drop - Animal Crossing: City Folk (NEW) NOW $19.99

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

Online and B&M. Game only - not with the Wii Speak bundle.

:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=72071

Really good price for any first party Nintendo title. Beats all the BF deals on this game (I think).

If ordered online, don't forget to the coupon code "BEMERRY" for 10% off and free shipping (Thanks Got_Wii!).

EDIT:

Amazon has now matched this price..this may be a MSRP drop but yet to be confirmed. BB and Walmart are still holding at $50.

Edited by xtreme_Zr2, 09 December 2009 - 05:32 PM.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#2 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

Would new from Gamestop mean unopened, sealed and wrapped game? Havent bought online from Gamestop before.

Posted Image

#3 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

Would new from Gamestop mean unopened, sealed and wrapped game? Havent bought online from Gamestop before.

Yes. But you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

#4 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:41 AM

Yes. But you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

Lol. I've seen posts on here about people preordering games and being given a used copy when they go to pick it up in store, so I figured I would ask. I like my games to be in excellent condition with manuals and cases in great condition. Not sure why, just want to take care of my stuff.

Posted Image

#5 puresewas1de

puresewas1de

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

Anyone know how much Wii Speak is separately and if it has any uses outside of Animal Crossing? I haven't seen it used except in that commercial where they're playing Animal Crossing.

#6 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

I dont think it has any use outside yet. My local Walmart has it clearanced for $25. Just noticed Gamestop has it for $19.99

Posted Image

#7 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

I dont think it has any use outside yet. My local Walmart has it clearanced for $25.

Isn't it used for the Conduit?

#8 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:53 AM

Not a bad deal, and the WiiSpeak isn't really needed. If this came with the WiiSpeak though, it would own all.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#9 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

I noticed they dropped Warioland: Shake it to $19.99 as well. Anyone ever play this and have comments?

Posted Image

#10 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

Isn't it used for the Conduit?

I'm pretty sure Conduit can use it. Plus, I think Wii Speak itself comes with a simple app just for chatting.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for the Animal Crossing w/ Wii Speak bundle, Newegg currently has it for $29.99 shipped.

http://www.newegg.co...0-050-_-Product

I wouldn't say Wii Speak is necessary, but if you're buying the game to specifically play online with a friend/relative, it's worth the extra $10.

#11 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:02 AM

Great price... I'll pick it up when I can. I played the GCN version for months on end... Back in 8th grade. I'm graduated now. :P

#12 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

Great price... I'll pick it up when I can. I played the GCN version for months on end... Back in 8th grade. I'm graduated now. :P

lol, had a friend who played it in the middle of grade 9.

i'll be sure to pass this deal to him.

#13 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

Blockbuster has it preowned for $14.99, course, the odds of finding a copy are much more challenging.

#14 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

Decided to check this game out. Used the Gamestop promo code "BEMERRY" for 10% off the order and free ground shipping. Total came to $19.52, not bad if you ask me.

Edited by Got_Wii, 09 December 2009 - 02:09 AM.

Posted Image

#15 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

OOOOooooo.....Me Likey.

#16 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

I don't know... played the original Animal Crossing for hours... Payed of Nook like 3 times, which is alot for me. Hear this game isn't much of an improvement... Comments from owners?

#17 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for the deal OP. Great price for a new first party Nintendo game.

Posted Image

#18 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:46 AM

The WiiSpeak is rumored to be compatible with Monster Hunter 3 in the US.

#19 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I don't know... played the original Animal Crossing for hours... Payed of Nook like 3 times, which is alot for me. Hear this game isn't much of an improvement... Comments from owners?

It's still principally the same game. It's very much a sequel to the DS version.

#20 Admiral Moo

Admiral Moo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

$20 was my sweet spot. Picked it up with Valkyrie Chronicles.

#21 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:20 AM

if anyone wants to move credit to amazon this trades in for $17.50 and is $17.99 used minus edge works out making like $.40 here but i wanted to move credit anyway

#22 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:29 AM

Wario Land Shake It is pretty fun. Similar to Jungle Beat in that it's an innovative-controls platformer that should be played for score/accomplishments rather than simply to clear levels. I like it almost as much as Alec Baldwin does.

#23 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:44 AM

With Wii Speak the game is at $40 on Gamestop's website, but it's sold out. I'd say that's a pretty good deal, considering Wii Speak is $30 normally, so you could basically get Animal Crossing: CF for $10.

#24 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

I've received opened/dusty/fingerprinted "new" games from Gamestop.com before, it's a bit of a crapshoot sadly...

#25 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

I've received opened/dusty/fingerprinted "new" games from Gamestop.com before, it's a bit of a crapshoot sadly...

Hm. Every game I've ordered online has come sealed and unblemished. Granted, in-store is a crapshoot, but online I've never gotten anything but a sealed, NEW game.

#26 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

Is this the new MSRP? If so, BB might change it to $20 and there is a $5 off RZ coupon up.

If not, you can try to PM it and still use the coupon but I doubt that it will work.

#27 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

If you have a USB headset, you can just use that. If you don't, or do but don't want to be tethered:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190050

The bundle is $30 on Newegg (and has been around that price for awhile). One of the reviews on Newegg is pretty sad, oh man, you're forced to have to read to your 4 year old because she can't read yet, that's the worst thing possible.

#28 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

Amazon has now matched this, so it may be universal.

#29 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

Awesome timing - I was just looking for a deal on this. Thanks, OP!!!

#30 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

I used to enjoy playing this one back on the GC but it does get kinda boring after a bit...hows this one improved?

1xz7eo.gif