CAGcast #181: Wombat & Jabberjaw Have A Lot In Common

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:18 AM

Wombat returns from an Army of Two event in Montreal while CheapyD returns from a very large bathroom in an Osaka love hotel. Shipwreck is on hand to discuss video games such as Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. We've also got the latest industry and game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

Download - 102 minutes, 43MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

and a free Netfix trial!

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:

Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 10 December 2009 - 07:16 AM.

#2 200STM

200STM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:16 AM

Oright a new CAGcast

#3 Virgil_Leone

Virgil_Leone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

downloading now to listen to tomorrow

#4 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

Sweet a new CAGcast, I hope I get time to listen to it though :-/
Posted Image

#5 gongshowhky11

gongshowhky11

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

solid episode boys

#6 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Download link is giving me a version that is only 30 minutes long.
Posted Image

#7 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

^_^ I'm downloadingz to listen.
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#8 weevles

weevles

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Yay!

#9 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

interesting title

#10 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

Did Wombat call the Canadiens "Les Habituals"?

#11 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

Good show from the three stooges of gaming. Regarding Cheapy's desire to be on "real radio". Its a dying medium, just like print media. The internet is where its at, you guys are at the forefront, you just don't get paid for it. The show is a good promo for the website. I order all my game deals from CAG even if I see the deal somewhere else first.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#12 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Did Wombat call the Canadiens "Les Habituals"?

an attempt at humour.

#13 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

When Wombat portrayed Trevor, I didn't think he was Swedish. I thought he sounded Jamaican.

#14 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

The love hotel discussion was awesome. "Send up the midgets"!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

The love hotel discussion was awesome. "Send up the midgets"!

I exclaimed that he should have requested a large bowl of chocolate pudding, too.

Some nice pics of foliage, Cheapy.

I'm sure the apartment management only added the English interpretation to make you aware of what's going on (not to out you or blame you).

Do Japanese people get pissed if you take photos of their relatives' tombstones? Those things look like they're packed in there pretty tightly. Do they bury their dead like we do here?

Edited by shieryda, 10 December 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#16 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

Wombat, so glad to hear Sabrina is okay. :)

Cheapy, only Yakuza 1 was dubbed. Yakuza 2 was also subtitled. The Yakuza stories are friggin awesome. They're written by a popular crime novelist in Japan.

Shipwreck, play Uncharted 2 NOW!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#17 ExeterBlue

ExeterBlue

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hey Cheapy, you're right about Max Wright (from ALF) being in some trouble lately. Besides the DUI arrests, these days he is apparently a "crack addict with a taste for unprotected sex with homeless men". The National Enquirer ran a tasteful spread of him smoking crack some time this past year. Bummer for him (or maybe not).

#18 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

As per Wombat's request, I would also like to see a picture of Cheapy's "nasty look". :)

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#19 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

nice show guys
I like shipwreck being a more permanent addition to the show.

Edited by Ivanhoe, 11 December 2009 - 01:12 AM.

#20 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Wombat, in addition to Pouteen, did you have any Peameal? It's a smoked/salty meat. How about Tim Horton's? They are huge in the greater Toronto for coffee and donuts.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

I thought this show was AMAZING. I feel as if Shipwreck needs to be a permanent addition to the show in my opinion. Fantastic work guys! :D
Posted Image
Give me an internet please!

Follow me on Twitter! | Be my friend on Last.FM!

Feel free to add me on XBL and PSN!

#22 spineynorman

spineynorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

I was picturing Shipwreck hiding in the cabinet under the sink while Cheapy and Wombat were fighting. You're dooming that kid to a life of therapy when he grows up. Pretty soon you'll be explaining to him that Cheapy and Wombat are going to live in different houses from now on, but you both still love him and it's not his fault.

Seriously - that was some douche chill inducing shit!

#23 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

This and last weeks shows have been some of the best, keep it up! I don't have any specific topic of the podcast to comment on, I just wanted to let you guys know. Also, keep Shipwreck on: he adds some needed additional gaming discussion to the show without being a buzzkill; I rare feature among people.

#24 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

NCAA Football 10 allows you to create custom teams with custom uniforms on the game's website and all that on the PC that you can download into your game to use in dynasties and all that. So EA seems to be at the forefront of that type of user-made content.

Cheapy needs to host a marathon on ustream to raise the rest of the money for Child's Play.

It's a race between Cheapy and Bobby Kotick for Douchebag of the Year in 2009. Cheapy doesn't have much more time to cement his victory.

I like when reviewers go so far with their hyperbole to say a game is flawless. Make sure your review mentioned that it's flawed, Cheapy.

PixelJunk Shooter isn't a dual-stick shooter. Wombat's terrified of asking PR people for review codes of games, but doesn't hesitate to beg Cheapy to buy PSN games to gameshare off of him?

I've thought about buying the GTAIV: Episodes disc so I don't have to play the main game to try those out, though I may just rent them from Gamefly.

I like how Cheapy has no idea what the word "optional" means.

The MAG beta is the worst beta I've ever been in becase of the stupid update process. I can't imagine anybody but fanboys having a good experience because everybody else will spend most of one day downloading the 2.6 GB in-game update and not have much enthusiasm to play it and try to have fun. I don't know how old your code is, Cheapy, but it could have been from an old version of the beta that doesn't work anymore since they've gone through three or four phases that required redownloading the beta each time to continue playing it. Cheapy should definitely try out the Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, which is great and could last until the end of February without requiring the huge time commitment that MAG requires just to get into it.

Good show.

#25 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:01 AM

great episode
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:10 AM

I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck have fun re-installing all of their Xbox 360 games when their replacement 360's come like I did, because those are apparently DRM'd to the original console.

I actually had a GTA: Episodes disc in my possession, but I later returned it because I know I can get a deal on the thing. If they made the game shorter by 70% and allow you to open up all areas in the first hour, I'm sure fans would be much more interested to see the rest of the game/DLC.

The show is good as always, but at times I'm surprised Shipwreck is there because he doesn't speak so much.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#27 MIGGO

MIGGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:13 AM

Why are Mommy Wombat and Daddy Cheapy fighting!?!

:applause:

Sorry about the lack of proper English in my question that sparked that whole thing. Work has been ridiculously busy, and I'm not getting that much sleep right now. I feel kinda stupid after leaving behind such an amateur error.

Good show as usual. I usually blog about CAG or post audio clips of the CAGcast on my Tumblr blog, Player's Pulse. It has over 500 followers but works in the same way as Twitter (the people don't always read what you post, only what you post whenever they are online). I don't think it's given you any hits, but it doesn't hurt. In fact, people really dug that Xbox Live/Wombat clip (you suck at games!) from a while back.

#28 spineynorman

spineynorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

How did Hanna Barbara do some of the stuff they did with a straight face. What must their development meetings have been like?

"Everyone, I have a fantastic idea. Let's take The Partridge Family, but put them in the future! We'll call it Partridge Family 2200 AD! You know, while we're at it, let's stick Josie And The Pussycats in outer space too."

"We'll get to work on that as soon as we finish the pilot for The Three Robonic Stooges."

"Excellent. I just heard from the boys upstairs, and they have a very exciting concept for a show starring a shark that's half Curly and half Rodney Dangerfield. And he's in the future!"

#29 MIGGO

MIGGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

How did Hanna Barbara do some of the stuff they did with a straight face. What must their development meetings have been like?

"Everyone, I have a fantastic idea. Let's take The Partridge Family, but put them in the future! We'll call it Partridge Family 2200 AD! You know, while we're at it, let's stick Josie And The Pussycats in outer space too."

"We'll get to work on that as soon as we finish the pilot for The Three Robonic Stooges."

"Excellent. I just heard from the boys upstairs, and they have a very exciting concept for a show starring a shark that's half Curly and half Rodney Dangerfield. And he's in the future!"

*sigh*

Posted Image

Okay, maybe my dad did steal Itchy, but so what!? Animation is built on plagiarism!

If it weren't for someone plagiarizing the Honeymooners, we wouldn't have the Flintstones. If someone hadn't ripped off Sgt. Bilko, they'd be no Top Cat. Huckleberry Hound, Chief Wiggum, Yogi Bear? Ha! Andy Griffith, Edward G. Robinson, Art Carney...

#30 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:18 AM

I feel the need to point out that Cheapy's complaints about Rockstar not changing up the GTA formula to make the games less frustrating are completely unfounded. I'll just assume you were unaware Cheapy but in both "Lost and Damned" and "Ballad of Gay Tony" checkpoints during missions were implemented and make for a much less frustrating experiance.

I'm quite certain the next GTA game will continue that trend. If that element of frustration was one of the only things holding you back from enjoying GTA IV maybe you should think about playing the Episodes.