Photo
- - - - -

Are you scared of Roller Coasters?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you scared of Roller Coasters?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you scared of Roller Coasters?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

So a friend talked me into going to Six Flags Over Texas with her tomorrow and while I am excited to go, I am also kind of scared of roller coasters. I have been on them before, but it can still be really tough for me to make myself get on them at times. :lol:

So I was just wondering, is anybody else somewhat afraid roller coasters, or am I the only one? Everybody else I seem to know isn't scared of them in the least.

#2 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

I LOVE roller coasters and plan trips around amusement parks with a bunch of them.

The taller and faster the better.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#3 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

I LOVE roller coasters. I'll go on ANY roller coaster, no matter how big/small. I even went to a theme park not long ago with a CAG member. Looking forward to roller coasters next year.
Posted Image

#4 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

I was traumatized by one. The indoor (and pitch black) Disaster Transport at Cedar Point. After refusing to go on them all day, my dad told me and my brother it was one of those Disney style rides where you ride a little train and puppets wave at you and shit like that. We got through the line and into the cart, then the doors opened up and there was this big mountain we started climbing. My dad cackled all the way up...then the lights went out.

#5 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

I love Roller Coasters!!!! my girl is not a fan

#6 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

I love em! Cedar Point is still king phuba when it comes to roller coasters in my opinion. My favorite all time is probably The Beast at Kings Island.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

I usually don't like them, but a friend got me to go on one with him over the summer, i thought i was going to die. I'm surprised i didn't break the steel bar that was holding me in the seat i was gripping it so tightly. If you don't like heights, you certainly won't like roller coasters.

Edited by JolietJake, 10 December 2009 - 10:26 PM.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#8 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

I never used to ride them when I was younger, but I started to a while ago and they're not bad. I don't particularly love them or anything, but they're pretty cool.

I haven't been on one in quite a while since I haven't been anywhere with them for quite a while, but I've ridden pretty much all of them at King's Dominion and Busch Gardens in VA (at the time I guess, they've probably gotten a few new ones since then).

Posted Image

#9 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

I hate roller coasters, they scare the shit out of me.

#10 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

hate heights, hate flying, but i love roller coasters

Posted Image

#11 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

I was traumatized by one. The indoor (and pitch black) Disaster Transport at Cedar Point. After refusing to go on them all day, my dad told me and my brother it was one of those Disney style rides where you ride a little train and puppets wave at you and shit like that. We got through the line and into the cart, then the doors opened up and there was this big mountain we started climbing. My dad cackled all the way up...then the lights went out.

:applause: That one's pretty weak too except for it's a bit jarring since it's not very smooth.

Living in Cleveland (an hour or so east of Cedar Point), being scared of coasters isn't an option. I avoided them until my junior year of high school until I went with friends and didn't want to be a big chicken in front of them and that did it for me.

Part of the thrill is when you make the way to the front of the queue and look up and see how high the hill is, then the slow climb up and people/rides start getting smaller while you look over the side, then you hang at the top momentarily while you watch the cars infront of you disappear below the horizon..... WHOOOSH!!!

Ironically I don't like the power tower (either shoots you straight up 200 feet from standstill, or slowly climbs up and drops you 200 feet and is like a bungee theme) and I am scared to death of the cars that carry you from the front to the middle of the park over the walkway with the buckets hanging from a cable... they seem so old that they're most likely to have something go wrong.
Posted Image

#12 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

This was the one i went on:

http://www.holidaywo...om/rides/voyage

Edited by JolietJake, 10 December 2009 - 11:51 PM.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#13 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

These are the big rides that I have been on before:

Might want to turn down your volume on the first video, lots of annoying screaming.

#14 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

i dig rollercoasters. sadly i think the last time i been on one was for physics day at Six Flags.
Posted Image

#15 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Lovem'. I went to 3 different theme parks in October 2007 and rode all the coasters in each.

#16 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

I'm kinda scared of them , but there are some that I like or will ride. "Classic" or really simple ones , but the bigger ones and the ones where you hang instead of sit , I'm too much of a coward to get on.

I like Thunder Mountain Railroad , Space Mountain and Expedition Everest at Disney , but can't think of that many others that I'm a huge fan of. I think that I might be ok with going on other coasters , but need to work my way up to them , if that makes any sense.

#17 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

I absolutely hated roller coasters and would not go on one at all until about a year ago when I went to Disney (Magic Kingdom) and rode Space Mountain. Not really a roller coaster, but it got me to try real roller coasters at Busch Gardens a few months later, and now I love them and can't get enough.

#18 seen

seen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

This guy has some great quality on-ride POV's for rides in California.

http://www.youtube.c...harpproductions

#19 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

I haven't been on one in quite a while since I haven't been anywhere with them for quite a while, but I've ridden pretty much all of them at King's Dominion and Busch Gardens in VA (at the time I guess, they've probably gotten a few new ones since then).

I still need to go to Busch Gardens in VA sometime. I already went to KD with a CAG in September. Was fun and I got cheap tickets from work.
Posted Image

#20 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

I use to be scared of them as a kid but now I like the wooden ones like The Grizzly at Great America in CA or the Giant Dipper in Santa Cruz. I still refuse to ride the ones that have loops or corkscrews though.

#21 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:26 AM

I still need to go to Busch Gardens in VA sometime. I already went to KD with a CAG in September. Was fun and I got cheap tickets from work.

I like Busch Gardens more than King's Dominion. I haven't been there for 3 or 4 years though (and won't be going anytime soon), so I haven't ridden any of the newer stuff. Alpengeist was one of my favorites there, and Loch Ness Monster was the first roller coaster I ever rode (in like the 3rd grade, well, and not counting the Scooby Doo at King's Dominion, but that's a kid's coaster).

Posted Image

#22 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

I absolutely hated roller coasters and would not go on one at all until about a year ago when I went to Disney (Magic Kingdom) and rode Space Mountain. Not really a roller coaster, but it got me to try real roller coasters at Busch Gardens a few months later, and now I love them and can't get enough.

My dad forced me to go on Space Mountain when I was a little kid and that kinda traumatized me about them for a long time (that and almost falling out of the ride during Thunder Mountain railroad , which while I don't remember that my mom does). Now I'm more apt to at least give them a try , but I'm still a bit scared by them.

#23 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

I haven't been to an amusement park in way too long but I fucking love roller coasters.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#24 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:48 AM

I love roller coasters, though I've only been to Universal, the disney park with the stupid rock themed coaster, disney world with my wife, six flags over ga (the only one near me), carowinds, and busch gardens in VA. I also love playing Roller coaster tycoon 3 where you can ride the coasters.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#25 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:07 AM

love em though wooden coasters still bug me out. Also, forever grateful that Shock Wave was torn down 7 years ago
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#26 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:11 AM

I'm afraid of heights, but love roller coasters, and I'll go on almost all of them. I had an ex-girlfriend who was TERRIFIED of them. She would get all pissed even if I joked about bringing her on one.

Also, fart_bubble, any chance you're talking about the Shockwave at Six Flags Great America? I actually liked that ride. Although it was a little bumpy.

#27 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:24 AM

Also, fart_bubble, any chance you're talking about the Shockwave at Six Flags Great America? I actually liked that ride. Although it was a little bumpy.

yep, Great America. That ride sucked. Thing would give me damn near a concussion every time I went on it. I'll take Iron Wolf lifting me up by the balls over riding Shock Wave
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#28 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:43 AM

I used to be petrified of roller coasters (some bad experiences) but I finally got over it by riding Batman during a physics trip for school. Now I'll ride any coaster I come across.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#29 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

I'll ride a good number of them, but there are some that I won't ride that usually try to do something extra on top of the normal coasters. I haven't been to an amusement park in probably five or six years, though I know the closest park had been closed down (http://en.wikipedia....iki/Geauga_Lake) so I may look into going to another like Cedar Point at some point.

#30 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

I like Busch Gardens more than King's Dominion. I haven't been there for 3 or 4 years though (and won't be going anytime soon), so I haven't ridden any of the newer stuff. Alpengeist was one of my favorites there, and Loch Ness Monster was the first roller coaster I ever rode (in like the 3rd grade, well, and not counting the Scooby Doo at King's Dominion, but that's a kid's coaster).

KD does have more rollercoasters, which is a bit more appealing to me (but then again, I went in 2009). It was interesting because one of the rides there, The Dominator, I rode on it back when it use to be at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure/Geauga Lake in OH.
Posted Image