Please recommend a 500 point NES game

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

I still need to burn the 500 points I got back for the Wii internet browser on a NES game. What NES game would you recommend for a non-hardcore gamer who likes sports, racing and mini games (or any game that can be played with a preschooler)?
(if it helps, I've never played any of the offered NES games)

#2 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

Excitebike
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#3 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

I bought Super Mario Bros. 2.

But wait a tic, you've never played any of the games offered? You go and buy Super Mario Bros. 3 NOW mister.

oIi9lub.png

#4 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

I too need to get a 500 pt NES game, though I'm having a hard time finding the "One Free Game Title" Button. I got the message on my Wii from Nintendo saying that it is located at the top of the Shop Channel yet I can not find it ANYWHERE in the damn Shop Channel, am I just stupid?
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#5 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

I too need to get a 500 pt NES game, though I'm having a hard time finding the "One Free Game Title" Button. I got the message on my Wii from Nintendo saying that it is located at the top of the Shop Channel yet I can not find it ANYWHERE in the damn Shop Channel, am I just stupid?

You really cannot miss it. It should be to the left of the "add more wii points" button near the bottom of the screen. It is a pretty big button. If you do not see it, maybe you should shoot an email over to Nintendo Customer Support.

I got Super Mario Bros. 3 for my free game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

Blaster Master is suppose to be really good, though I've never played it. NintendoLife has a review you can check out to see if it sounds good to you:

http://vc.nintendoli...virtual_console
Posted Image

#7 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

I hate to be that guy, but you *did* spend 500 points on the Internet Channel at some point, right? If you didn't, there isn't going to be a button.

I got the message from them, too (twice, in fact), and I got the Internet Channel for free. Kind of a tease.

#8 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end I've decided on Donkey Kong :).

Quick reminder for everybody who also purchased the Wii internet browser. Today is the last day to claim the free NES game

#9 databuild

databuild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:50 AM

Just curious, but is the 500 only good on a NES game or any 500 pt purchase ie the games from the sega genesis sale

#10 beane316

beane316

I Is Awesomer Than Yous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:33 AM

Just curious, but is the 500 only good on a NES game or any 500 pt purchase ie the games from the sega genesis sale

Only good for one NES game, man

#11 Knoxximus

Knoxximus

STOP! POSE FOR THA FRAME!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Blaster Master....hands DOWN.
Posted ImagePosted Image

MH3:
Code: YTLACG
Name: Knoximus

#12 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end I've decided on Donkey Kong :).

Quick reminder for everybody who also purchased the Wii internet browser. Today is the last day to claim the free NES game

Thanks for the reminder, used my free title late on new years eve.

Posted Image