iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

http://www.amazon.co...61514535&sr=8-1

List Price: $19.99
Price: $6.98 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
You Save: $13.01 (65%)

For those picky gamers that don't like cancer, you might not want to wear the included boxer shorts, as according to the tag: "Warning : The yellow ink printed on the boxers contains traces of a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer."

Posted Image

#2 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

For those picky gamers that don't like cancer...

Stupid picky gamers. :-k

#3 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

It was 2.99 during the lightning deal. once i heard about the cancer thing... i didnt even bother wasting 3bucks on that.

#4 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

LCD tvs carry the same label
Posted Image

#5 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Wish this thing would sell out already. It screws up the price for Punch-Out!! on my CAG wishlist.

#6 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

LCD tvs carry the same label

Do you hang a LCD TV around your nuts?

#7 WaTony

WaTony

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

That's ridiculous!

I hang a plasma...

#8 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

I do now...after I got a terribly painful case of burn-in form the plasma that I had dangling there.

#9 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

I picked this up during the lightning deal, and it's honestly not a terrible piece of game-related merchandise. I think if the whole 'cancer' thing hadn't come up, it'd certainly sell better.

That being said, I can't even really recommend it for $6.98... it's nice and all, but you'd really just be paying for the King Hippo crown. As someone mentioned, the lightning deal was $2.98, and this is actually just the normal price it's been for a while, so this isn't really a 'deal'.

#10 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

So, any word on just how awful the "Remedy" bar that comes with this is?
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

So, any word on just how awful the "Remedy" bar that comes with this is?

It doesn't come with a cancer disclaimer, so it's definitely not the worst part of this kit.

#12 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

I picked this up during the lightning deal, and it's honestly not a terrible piece of game-related merchandise. I think if the whole 'cancer' thing hadn't come up, it'd certainly sell better.

That being said, I can't even really recommend it for $6.98... it's nice and all, but you'd really just be paying for the King Hippo crown. As someone mentioned, the lightning deal was $2.98, and this is actually just the normal price it's been for a while, so this isn't really a 'deal'.

I ordered it for $3 as well. It's not too bad for a punching bag, chocolate bar, and crown. I'm a little confused by the cancer tag on the boxers, though. The crown looks surprising durable and heavy, I thought it would be a cheaper plastic.

#13 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

I picked it up for three bucks while it was the lightning deal and after checking it out I'd say it's worth $6.98 if your a fan of Punch-Out. The king hippo crown was better than I expected it to be and my kid loves the desktop punching bag. The other two items, the chocolate bar and the boxers, I took a look and and just left in the box. Even if the boxers didn't cause cancer I'm not sure I would wear them. Seems like tissue paper would provide better warmth and coverage.

#14 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Totally worth $3. Might even be worth $7.

The crown is pretty solid and the punching bag is a fun gift. Perfect for White Elephant or Gag Gift.

#15 PeteyPie75

PeteyPie75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

I'd say don't buy it. I got it the other day and it's a bunch of garbage I wish I didn't spend money on. Only buy it if you want a constant reminder of why you should not make impulse buys.
[URL="http://card.mygamercard.net/PeteyPie75.jpg"][/URL]

#16 Lan_Zer0

Lan_Zer0

Heaven or Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Got this free with Punchout. I expected the worst, but I have gotten more mileage out of the punching bag and crown than I thought (I like putting random junk on my desk at work).
Let me show you them.

#17 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

For those picky gamers that don't like cancer, you might not want to wear the included boxer shorts, as according to the tag: "Warning : The yellow ink printed on the boxers contains traces of a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer."

That seems like an easy fix. Just don't wear these shorts in California.

#18 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

sucks for people who don't know how to cure cancer, I guess.

#19 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Ballers do! FTW. lol.

#20 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:48 AM

anyone got pics of the punching bag?

#21 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

Ordered with my prime trial.

#22 imfromwisconsin

imfromwisconsin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

Everyone does realize that California is a leader amongst the "may cause cancer" line? They have a whole document that outlines it, including things like 'alcoholic beverages', 'lead', & 'oral contraceptives'.

For your reading pleasure: California's 19 pages of "cancer causing ingredients".
Ryan // "Sharing is caring."

#23 reddsimpson

reddsimpson

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Actually like 90% products you can buy now anywhere has the same label about California, and ONLY California. I have own 5 products with that label, so you shouldn't skip out on a great deal just because of the label especially when it is only in 1 State out of the entire US and World for that matter.

#24 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Living in CA and Los Angeles specifically, I breathe carcinogen everyday so that label really shouldn't be cause for alarm. What prevent me from adding this to my collection is that I just don't fancy keeping a chocolate bar for many years...

#25 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Just don't eat the shorts and you'll be fine.

#26 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Oh god, I need to just get Amazon Prime and get it over with!

Want A Boy and His Blob and need to find a filler... and this is priced perfectly :(