Photo
- - - - -

Bayonetta in Sun Prarier, WI (and elsewhere?)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

I don't know if this counts, but even though its the full 59.99, I was at Best Buy today doing some shopping and they had tons of copies out on the floor for purchase. The game is not due out till next month!

#2 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

I don't know if this counts, but even though its the full 59.99, I was at Best Buy today doing some shopping and they had tons of copies out on the floor for purchase. The game is not due out till next month!

This goes in Regional...I am sure people would be happy to see that.

Wish my BB was stupid enough to do this...

#3 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Pics or it didn't happen.

.. Idk, just have been seeing this on CAG a lot lately.

Bayonetta + Dantes inferno < God of War 3
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#4 DJ-of-E

DJ-of-E

Did you check to make sure it's not "pre-order" boxes?

#5 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

if only i hadn't graduated from uw last year, I could've been playing bayonetta.

bayonetta > important life steps/rites of passage

#6 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

I am positive it was not the pre-order boxes. I do not have pics, if I end up going back I will get pictures. You just have to trust me on this. I don't know if it would be safe playing it on XBOX live so early, but they defiantly had it.

#7 DaKrazie1

DaKrazie1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

I am positive it was not the pre-order boxes. I do not have pics, if I end up going back I will get pictures. You just have to trust me on this. I don't know if it would be safe playing it on XBOX live so early, but they defiantly had it.

Microsoft can't and won't fault people who legally purchased their game from a retail outlet that broke street date.. Only if the copy they are playing is due to a modded console of some sort.

#8 Sdawg

Sdawg

Lord of the Squirrels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:41 AM

As long as its a legit copy they can't do anything. Reviewers and insiders get games early all the time.
Edit:beaten
Posted Image

#9 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

Koatku posted that a TRU up North (Wisconsin or something) had them on the shelf.

Pics included.

http://kotaku.com/54...retail-for-some

#10 sml_mndz

sml_mndz

I LOVE FANSERVICE XD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:50 AM

The game is not due out till next month!

2 weeks from 2day.
Posted Image

#11 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

2 weeks from 2day.

That Cobra Comander pic was the best....

#12 Raymond

Raymond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

Some retails are breaking street date. YMMV.

#13 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

, but they defiantly had it.

i dare you to break street date!

#14 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:05 AM

ive heard about this game but never really took the time to check out until today--so this is the first thing i saw

WTF!

luckily i checked out some actual gameplay and the game looks bad ass.

#15 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

ive heard about this game but never really took the time to check out until today--so this is the first thing i saw

WTF!

luckily i checked out some actual gameplay and the game looks bad ass.

Very Japanese....

#16 Casteor

Casteor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Very Japanese....

Oh, so you have a problem with Japanese people huh?

lol
"A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay."

-Demetri Martin

#17 BlueMarcell

BlueMarcell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

Interesting. I just checked the item availability on the Best Buy website and it says that the 360 version is available at 6 of the nearest Best Buys here in NC. I may have to look into this.

Edited by BlueMarcell, 23 December 2009 - 01:33 AM.

#18 rgon86

rgon86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

Interesting. I just check the item availability on the Best Buy website and it says that the 360 version is available at 6 of the nearest Best Buys here in NC. I may have to look into this.

Same here. 6 Bestbuys around me have it. Uh, do I dare venture out and even try to get this?

#19 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:30 AM

I live in Sun Praririe... that Best Buy is actually their east Madison location. I have no interest in this game though.

#20 hxcmusic

hxcmusic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

Based on the Best Buy store finder... all my local (SoCal) stores have it in stock.

#21 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:37 AM

Same here. 6 Bestbuys around me have it. Uh, do I dare venture out and even try to get this?

You will most likely be wasting your time. Best Buy does this with all preorders. Notice how when you select pick up it says "Store Pickup: Pre-order (available on release date)" If they have it on the floor, you may be in luck. It just depends if their computers let them go through.

Try it with God Of War or any other preorder and it does the same.

#22 BlueMarcell

BlueMarcell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:47 AM

I just happened to check to see what it would say if I searched for God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII and it says that they are both also available at these same 6 locations. So unless these are the most awesome Best Buys in the country, I'm starting to have my doubts.

#23 rgon86

rgon86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I just happened to check to see what it would say if I searched for God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII and it says that they are both also available at these same 6 locations. So unless these are the most awesome Best Buys in the country, I'm starting to have my doubts.

If they had FFXIII in stock, they are. They most definitely are to me.

#24 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

played and beat bayonetta about three times now. definitely an amazing experience. i would of given it a nominee for goty if it had been released in Q4.

#25 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

She's got a tiny little head, the demo's not bad you kind of forget about it here and there but then in no time there it is again taunting you. That tiny little head ... I sure hope you can unlock big head mode so you can play it and she looks normal.

#26 Cheeseknight28

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

She's got a tiny little head, the demo's not bad you kind of forget about it here and there but then in no time there it is again taunting you. That tiny little head ... I sure hope you can unlock big head mode so you can play it and she looks normal.

Well the game specifically emphasizes that she isn't a human, so maybe that explains it? lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now playing:
:360: AC:B | Oblivion | Metro 2033
:ds: Radiant Historia | Pokemon Black | The World Ends with You
:psp: Valkyrie Profile
Just finished:
:360: Brink :censored:

Backlog status: 95+ games

#27 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:25 AM

I feel if you can get passed the ridiculous character designs here, Bayonetta is an amazing game.

I know a lot of gamers snickered at this game when it first appeared. Probably in part because Sega's name was on it, and well, it featured yet another scantily dressed female lead character (i.e. Nightshade, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, etc.).

But I figured this one would be different. After all, it's directed by Hideki Kamiya - who if you don't know was one of the core members of Clover 7. I think he was the director behind Okami, too, and well, that was a rather high-quality, AAA game, for those who still refuse to pay for and buy that game.

I'm totally getting this for the 360. I recall hearing that the 360 version is superior here due to the fact that the PS3 port was not handled by Platinum Games.

#28 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

Man, I'm jealous! The only game I'm looking forward to more is Resonance of Fate.

#29 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Sun Prarier...I need to start calling it that when I talk to my friends, who still live/work in Madison after graduating, I made while at UW.

#30 xverion

xverion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

Bayonetta is a decent game. The bosses are incredible, but there seems to be more cutscenes than gameplay. If you like Devil May Cry gameplay, you'll probably like this one. It wasn't everything I thought it would be, and on that note I give it a 6/10.
Posted Image