Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition 59.99 at Target.com
http://www.target.co...nk=target104545
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

Very interesting, though I think I'd prefer to just pay the extra and order from Amazon. I'm not sure I trust Target to not send out the standard edition or just cancel my order if/when they notice the mistake.
Posted Image

#3 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:47 AM

I could see this being like the Fallout 3 GOTY sale they had where it was actually just the regular edition.

#4 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

it is strange that "Mass Effect 2" only yields the CE on PC and X360 and no regular versions..I think they got the pics and info wrong, or I would definitely be getting this..$20 off MSRP release day? that's a deal!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#5 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Not sure which code worked but one of these should give you 10% off at checkout:

A2VBT487
or
HXCCJEYL

#6 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

Those who have ordered this:

Does Target charge instantaneously? Or when it ships (a month later)?

Just asking, cause this might be a possible mix-up on their part and I really want the CE, and it's gotten abit more difficult w/o paying upfront because now Gamestop won't take pre-orders for this.

#7 kona

kona

denham's dentrifice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

Great find, OP. Had been debating whether to get the CE version for a month, this deal solved my problems. That 10% off code worked like a charm too. Thanks Shock.

#8 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

Ok both those codes work but one took off $6 the other took off only $5 and they do not stack. So unless someone knows for sure which is which put both in so you're assured the max amount off.

#9 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:37 AM

Those who have ordered this:

Does Target charge instantaneously? Or when it ships (a month later)?

Just asking, cause this might be a possible mix-up on their part and I really want the CE, and it's gotten abit more difficult w/o paying upfront because now Gamestop won't take pre-orders for this.

Anyone know this answer? because if they dont charge you till ship then hell im in.

GOT IT:
When using a debit card connected with either a Visa or MasterCard, you must have sufficient funds in your account at the time of charge, as we charge for items at the time of shipment. All of these cards are accepted with 1-Click Ordering as well.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#10 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

Anyone know this answer? because if they dont charge you till ship then hell im in.

GOT IT:
When using a debit card connected with either a Visa or MasterCard, you must have sufficient funds in your account at the time of charge, as we charge for items at the time of shipment. All of these cards are accepted with 1-Click Ordering as well.

Thanks, I got a Visa debit card. I'm in on this, just hoping they don't pull a fast one on me, with the editions, but I'm sure I can cancel if anything

#11 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

Total for shipping + 10% off is 60.20 with 6% tax. IF it is the CE thats damn good. Same price as the regular game.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#12 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:52 AM

Nice, I got it for 61$. =)

#13 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:05 AM

How likely will this hold??

#14 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:08 AM

How likely will this hold??

Dunno, but if anything, Target will cancel. If that happens, I'm just going with Amazon.

#15 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:12 AM

FamilyVideo.com made this same mixup, so don't get your hopes up as they will 99.999999 percent just be cancelling /telling you this is only for reg. edition

#16 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

Thanks OP. I ordered it.

#17 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

Yeah... I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order, my gut is telling me Target will cancel it.

#18 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

Tempting because that is a great price. But, I'm sticking with AMazon. A) always super easy w/ Amazon and B) release day delivery. Plus, if you up shipping to 1 day, it bumps it up to $78 (w/o code).

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#19 ShadowX

ShadowX

Tiny Little Robots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:53 AM

Thanks OP. I ended up with a total of $60.03. Hopefully, this will be true come Jan. 26!!

#20 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

I really hope this is real otherwise what are the return policies? Can i return it in store for my full money back?

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#21 markyshizzle

markyshizzle

Stop! It's Shizzle Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:34 AM

.uoıʇıpǝ 1ɐɯɹou ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɟɟo p1oɥ ɐuuob ɯı ʞuıɥʇ ı ʇnq ʇı ʇnoqɐ buıʞuıɥʇ sɐʍ ı

#22 Yoda-JM

Yoda-JM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

it is strange that "Mass Effect 2" only yields the CE on PC and X360 and no regular versions..I think they got the pics and info wrong, or I would definitely be getting this..$20 off MSRP release day? that's a deal!!

It's $10 off MSRP.

In for one, hoping this stays legit. :-#

Edit: I forgot about the Amazon pre-order bonus...
I'll probably cancel Target since it has a chance of sending the standard edition.

#23 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

.uoıʇıpǝ 1ɐɯɹou ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɟɟo p1oɥ ɐuuob ɯı ʞuıɥʇ ı ʇnq ʇı ʇnoqɐ buıʞuıɥʇ sɐʍ ı

:whee:

#24 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

^lol.

The item description is accurate on this. "The Collectors' Edition includes an art book, the first issue of the comic book Mass Effect: Redemption, a making-of DVD, and exclusive in-game weapons and armor."

I think y'all should save some screen captures (with dates/time) just in case and fight for it.

default.png2.png

#25 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

^lol.

The item description is accurate on this. "The Collectors' Edition includes an art book, the first issue of the comic book Mass Effect: Redemption, a making-of DVD, and exclusive in-game weapons and armor."

I think y'all should save some screen captures (with dates/time) just in case and fight for it.

I did, thanks. I took 6 of them! =)

A few of the lowered price, the item description, my order yet to be shipped and the email after I 'ordered'.

#26 thanksbetotap

thanksbetotap

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

This seems to be a legitimate deal to me. I went ahead and ordered, as I could always return it to the store.

Basically, the tradeoff is standard edition from Amazon for $57 with $10 credit, plus the preorder bonus... OR $60-$62 for the collector's edition from Target, no preorder bonus. I chose the latter. (Or $70 w/ preorder bonus from Amazon for CE.)

Actually, does anyone know if Target gets a preorder bonus?

#27 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

This seems to be a legitimate deal to me. I went ahead and ordered, as I could always return it to the store.

Basically, the tradeoff is standard edition from Amazon for $57 with $10 credit, plus the preorder bonus... OR $60-$62 for the collector's edition from Target, no preorder bonus. I chose the latter. (Or $70 w/ preorder bonus from Amazon for CE.)

Actually, does anyone know if Target gets a preorder bonus?

I don't believe Target does. Also, just so you know, Target had something like this in the past where they listed the CE of a game for the normal edition price, and then shipped out the normal edition to people. So, I really wouldn't count on receiving the CE.
Posted Image

#28 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

No preorder bonus for Target, only Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon. Not sure on Game Crazy.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#29 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

When Target.com had Fallout 3 GOTY edition for $40 before launch, at least one CAG who ordered it had the regular version show up. I'd be a little wary about the regular version showing up, though it seems likely that they might follow-through on it.

Then again, after the delays I had with Target following through on my order for F3 GOTY edition, I'd never order from them again.

#30 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:01 PM

I'll never buy from Target except in store unless I'm really desperate, too many delays on my end and reported mix-ups by other CAGS to warrant my business.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image