Jpop, Kpop, Cpop, etc.

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:38 AM

I believe we had one before, but if we did it's old now and I'll let it rest in peace.

I figure there must be other CAGs who enjoy Jpop or other Japanese music, or at least would like to learn about it. So here we go!

My two favorite singers are Hikaru Utada and BoA. I do enjoy a myriad of others though. Misia, Namie Amuro, Perfume, MiChi, Thelma Aoyama, Ami Suzuki, etc. Just not Ayumi Hamasaki...

Most of you probably know Hikaru Utada from the Kingdom Hearts games, but I was listening to her for years before she did those theme songs. She released her second American album a little while ago, and I'm going to see her live next month!!

BoA:

BoA also recently released an American album which I think is fantastic. On par with her Japanese and Korean releases:

Oh yeah, don't bother posting if all you're going to do is post about how Jpop sucks...

Edited by Rei no Otaku, 10 January 2010 - 03:42 AM.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#2 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:08 AM

I dont know as much about jpop as i do kpop but the one pop artist i do know and like is Aiko.

#3 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

Unfortunately I don't know much Kpop. Which is kind of funny since I like BoA so much. What I have heard I like though.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#4 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

I'm down with this thread. :)

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#5 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

Sorry i am not into Moonspeak artist singing their moonspeak on my ear.

#6 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

I'm in love with snsd

#7 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Sorry i am not into Moonspeak artist singing their moonspeak on my ear.

Go away.

Also been listening to a lot of Perfume lately.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#8 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

I'm in love with snsd

you and me both brother.........

#9 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

you and me both brother.........

Oh wow. I like that!

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#10 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

Oh wow. I like that!

they have alot of great songs and there are alot of great Kpop groups out now. its cool to see how diverse their music scene is out there and alot of their stuff seems leaps and bounds beyond some of the stuff we get here in america. the first shinee video i posted is of a song some guy from those high school muscial songs did his own version of its ineresting to see the one gusy version and then see how much better shinee's version is.

Shinee

2NE1

Brown Eyed Girl

Super Junior

SNSD/Girls Generation

#11 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Anyone know any good J-Metal bands? Been listening to the Sex Machineguns for the past few years religiously. Hasn't really been the same since Samurai, Circuit and Speed Star left though. :cry:

#12 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

It looks like this thread should be renamed to the Kpop thread, lol. Even though I typically stick to Jpop, SNSD has really grown on me.

Also, it probably can't be labeled a Jpop thread without mentioning Morning Musume. They just keep going and going....

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#13 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

I renamed the thread. It's fine to talk about all Asian music. I'm also a fan of Cpop. Alan has an amazing voice:

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#14 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

I renamed the thread. It's fine to talk about all Asian music. I'm also a fan of Cpop. Alan has an amazing voice:

cool song im gonna have to look up more of her stuff. the beginning reminds me of something though just cant remember what. i like songs that have that movie quality to them.

#15 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:34 AM

I'm a big fan of Do As Infinity and YUI myself. And some Bonnie Pink, Namie Amuro, Hitomi, Hitomi Shimatani... and lots of names that aren't popping in my head right now.

Used to listen to Chara and Judy and Mary, but their voices eventually got to me. Used to listen to Utada and Ayumi Hamasaki too, but I sort of got tired of both.

elessar123.png

#16 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

Im more into the VK/metal/J-rock side then the pop side, the only pop bands that i listen to are, perfume, BOA, Capsule ,Crystal kay, Hamasaki, Gackt,Morning Musume, SUILEN.

@nekromantix For more metal/heavy bands check out: Versailles , OZ, Sadie, Dir en grey, mucc, Boris, Fuck on the beach, Melt banana , Sigh, Coffine,BAAL, DEAD END,Sound Horizon,Megaromania,Onmyouza Deathgaze,IGalneryus , Maximum the hormone Xjapan,Head Phones President . There are tones of more that i just cant think of right now.

Edited by xeno, 10 January 2010 - 09:21 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

Im more into the VK/metal/J-rock side then the pop side, the only pop bands that i listen to are, perfume, BOA, Capsule ,Crystal kay, Hamasaki, Gackt,Morning Musume, SUILEN.

@nekromantix For more metal/heavy bands check out: Versailles , OZ, Sadie, Dir en grey, mucc, Boris, Fuck on the beach, Melt banana , Sigh, Coffine,BAAL, DEAD END,Sound Horizon,Megaromania,Onmyouza Deathgaze,IGalneryus , Maximum the hormone Xjapan,Head Phones President . There are tones of more that i just cant think of right now.

I'm a fan of a Japanese band called Church of Misery - They are of the doom/stoner type of metal. Their best album is 'Master of Brutallity'

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#18 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

A couple of awesome mash-up I found recently...

Amuro Namie' Girl Talk mashed with Bow Wow and Ciara

Crystal Kay' Kirakuni mashed with Amuro Namie's Girl Talk.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#19 hsuuperman

hsuuperman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

Cpop - anyone try out FIR? Great group, lots of talent I think.

Jpop/Jrock - I dont' think anyone can really go wrong with Utada Hikaru, although lately I think her creative juices are running a bit thin. I think she hit her peak at Deep River and has kind of been in a slump since. For Jrock, I dont' think there's anyone better than the classic X Japan. Their rebanding and come back has kind of disappointed me though...

#20 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

Jpop/Jrock - I dont' think anyone can really go wrong with Utada Hikaru, although lately I think her creative juices are running a bit thin. I think she hit her peak at Deep River and has kind of been in a slump since.

I do agree Deep River was her best album (I called it one of the best albums of the decade), but I thought Heart Station was really good as well. Her second English album was also far better than her first attempt. I think Hikki has still got it. Though I would like to see her hit that Deep River level again. As I mentioned I'm going to see her live next month in Boston. I can't wait!

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#21 DV8

DV8

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

www.soompi.com/forums is a really good place to find the latest information on Kpop. They have a top 50 list for the week and stuff. I used to live in Korea last year and man it's kinda refreshing to have new music every couple weeks or so unlike in America where songs will be played to death and then played some more since there isn't much else to play.

Kpop songs you should check out are

Big Bang - Haru Haru
Dong Bang Shin Ki - Mirotic
Big Bang/2NE1 - Lollipop
Brown Eye'd Girls - Abracadabra
Jewelry - Vari2ty

#22 177adjen17

177adjen17

wishing i had Remy's toys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

lol count me in on the soshi luv ;)
also chk out Kara, Clazziquai, Seeya, Epik High to name a few more

currently playing - :psp: : TDR; Fate/Stay UC; :ps3: : Naruto UNS3; Assassins Creed IV :drool:

Eiken.gif huh,u say something?ohaegyo.gif~Oh~Run~ :evil:~ :evil:~Run~Run~ :whee:

#23 HovaEscobar

HovaEscobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

#24 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

The only thing that sucks about being a fan of any kind of international artists is that buying their CDs can be expensive as hell.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#25 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

The only thing that sucks about being a fan of any kind of international artists is that buying their CDs can be expensive as hell.

Tell me about it. I've had to have spent over $500 on CDs over the many years I've been listening to Jpop...

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#26 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

i've been listening to AAA (attack all around) recently. before that i listened to Yuna Ito.

i think i like AAA because misako uno is HOT.

Every day's great at your Junes!

#27 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

So, I guess these Asian countries think effeminate men are hot? Nothing wrong with that obviously, just sayin..

#28 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:57 AM

i used to listen to korean music when i was like 14. The music now is quite bad, IMO. My favorites back then were SES, Finkl, H.O.T, drunken tiger, etc..never got into chinese/japanese music cuz i couldnt understand it. although, Japanese video game music is great.

#29 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:38 AM

New video from Thelma Aoyama and Tae Yang's duet:

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#30 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

i was listening to utada hikaru before she was even born

Posted Image