Photo
- - - - -

The 7th Annual Cheapy Awards - Vote and Win 1 of 2 $500 Amazon Gift Cards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:10 AM

Voting is now open for The 7th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

Please use our built in voting system (within the appropriate threads) in this forum. Placing your vote will automatically enter you in a raffle to win 1 of 2 $500 gift certificates from Amazon, last year's Best Online Retailer winner. The more categories you vote in, the greater your chances of winning. One account per person.

Anyone found creating multiple accounts will be permanently IP banned from CAG.

We have 3 new categories this year:
Best Game Trade-in Program
Best Used Game Retailer
Best CAG Blog

Do not post your votes in this thread!

Use the built-in voting system in the appropriate threads in this forum.

Previous winners:
1st Annual Cheapy Awards
2nd Annual Cheapy Awards
3rd Annual Cheapy Awards
4th Annual Cheapy Awards
5th Annual Cheapy Awards
6th Annual Cheapy Awards

Edited by CheapyD, 26 January 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#2 Jesus' Bush

Jesus' Bush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:12 AM

first!

#3 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:16 AM

Snice !
Posted Image

#4 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

cool but not awards for blogs?

#5 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

cool but not awards for blogs?

Ya know what...I like that idea1

Best CAG Blog 2009

#6 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:01 AM

I'd like to nominate myself for most infamous CAG troll. Think I have a shot?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#7 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

I can't seem to find the thread for Douchebag of the Year. Can I write in Hal Halpin and The ECA for this category?

#8 bebop

bebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:14 AM

Wait a second cheapy awards in January? wheres the procrastination? Should be at least March lol.

#9 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:17 AM

I think there should be a 'Worst Blog" category to go along with the "Best" one.

The first three links in the first post take you to the home page Cheapy. The thread or results for the Cheapy Awards doesn't show up.

#10 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

Kind of surreal: I belong to a community of people who find deals on video games, and we recognize certain categories and give awards. Doesn't get more niche than that! :) (Although maybe if there was a group that clipped their left thumbnail every Wednesday while listening to reggae music or something.)

#11 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

I can't seem to find the thread for Douchebag of the Year. Can I write in Hal Halpin and The ECA for this category?

Yeah, a Most Notorious Deal or Worst Public Relations category would be nice. Though, the ECA obviously has that one in the bag. Funny thing is, the ECA Amazon deal could also get Best Deal. Combine the two and you get Most Ambivalent Deal. :)

It may be time to have a Best Direct Download Deal category. Between Steam, D2D, GOG, and most game consoles, direct downloads are growing dramatically. I know I bought more direct downloads last year than in all years prior combined.

#12 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

It may be time to have a Best Direct Download Deal category. Between Steam, D2D, GOG, and most game consoles, direct downloads are growing dramatically. I know I bought more direct downloads last year than in all years prior combined.

I agree. Digital distribution stores need their own category, along with best digital download deal.

#13 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

I think there should be a 'Worst Blog" category to go along with the "Best" one.

Agreed.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#14 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

Or the weirdest/creepy/bizarre blog?

#15 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

Can't wait to see who gets nominated (and wins/LOSES!).

2ic4l5j.jpg

#16 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Shouldn't there be a Best B&M Customer Service thread to go with the Best Online Customer Service thread?

#17 cman

cman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

We have a best game value category.
How about a biggest game rip off category or worst game value category to along with that?

It would be interesting to see what CAGs consider to be the worst gaming "deals" and most memorable rip offs.

#18 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

Shouldn't there be a Best B&M Customer Service thread to go with the Best Online Customer Service thread?

It doesn't make as much sense to me as customer service is more likely to vary from location to location.

#19 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:45 AM

It doesn't make as much sense to me as customer service is more likely to vary from location to location.

Isn't that the whole point of these awards? People voting on which stores they had the best or worst experiences with, which always differs on a person to person, or location to location, basis?

#20 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:53 AM

no douchebag of the year category?

#21 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:34 AM

Best contest/giveaway thread.

#22 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

Isn't that the whole point of these awards? People voting on which stores they had the best or worst experiences with, which always differs on a person to person, or location to location, basis?

Don't you think people are more likely to have a more uniform customer service experience from an online retailer as compared to the thousands of different retail locations every major store has?

#23 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

The forums make a Best Glitch/Mistake Caused Deal seem viable. :)

#24 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

Don't you think people are more likely to have a more uniform customer service experience from an online retailer as compared to the thousands of different retail locations every major store has?

Maybe, maybe not. I've seens tons of posts about how bad Buy.com is and I've never had a problem whenever I've received anything from them. The shipping companies they use can be an issue since I hated anytime a site used, which varies by location and can drastically affect the condition a package arrives in or the hassle I'd have to go through to get it in my hands.

But still, you said the difference in locations made too much of a difference in experiences, so why have any B&M awards since everyone's location makes a difference in what they think is the best? Of course online retailers are on more even terms, but I'm not arguing against them.

#25 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:31 AM

Or the weirdest/creepy/bizarre blog?

We all already know the winner for that award. :D

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#26 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

how do i vote?

#27 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Just finished voting! I hope I win one of the giftcards. That'll definitely help with that new TV I want.
To each his own.

#28 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:40 AM

how do i vote?

Send them to: Attn: Accounting, ECA, 64 Danbury Road, Suite 700, Wilton, CT 06897-4406

But remember, if they aren't there a month before voting closes they will not count.

#29 200STM

200STM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

Wow this is my first cheapyD awards ceremony and Im hoping I get that amazon giftcard Im going to buy a nice turntable and a few Blink-182,Afi and At the Drive-In records and maybe one game which will be Over the hedge for ps2. I wonder who will win I just finishing voting XD.

#30 Ocajavati

Ocajavati

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:13 AM

ECA probably gave us some of the most memorable deal with Amazon...

Odd how what was once considered a blessing turned into a nightmare for most of us. Shame, really.