Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) $9.99 w/Free Shipping at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

http://www.cheapassg...astlevaniax.jpg" border="1" alt="" style="border-color: #73a732" />
Save $10 on this 3D remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood which features unlockable versions of Symphony of the Night and the original Rondo of Blood.

Posted Image Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles $9.99

Edited by CheapyD, 13 January 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

Nice deal, I should pick this up.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

Ooooh so tempting...lol I don't even have a PSP though :D

#4 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

For those of you that don't know: this UMD also contains a full version of Symphony of the Night (PSOne), the best 2D Castlevania ever made.

#5 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

Is it greatest version? Then no

#6 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

What are you referring to? Sentence structure and grammar, please.

#7 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

I'm playing through it right now, and actually yes, it is the greatest version.

For anyone on the fence, buy this game, it's fantastic. Just keep in mind that you do have to unlock both the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, and the main game (Rondo of Blood remix) is fairly difficult.

#8 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

I think he means Greatest Hits version. And the Symphony of the Night game doesn't have the original crappy voice over like the PSX counterpart does which I have been hesitant to get because of that.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#9 Hunter1671

Hunter1671

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

They also have this for 9.99 at local Fry's stores for 9.99. Just got one.

#10 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

I think he means Greatest Hits version. And the Symphony of the Night game doesn't have the original crappy voice over like the PSX counterpart does which I have been hesitant to get because of that.

Ahh, but some of us don't mind the 'crappy' voice acting as you describe it.
For any CAG that's not 15 years old, those lines are forever engraved in your head :).

#11 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

At this price if you don't have, then get it. Keep in mind SOTN has a new translation, new voice actors, 2 new familiars and Maria as a playable Character. I like the main game as well though. :)

edit: dragonjud: "Die Monster, you don't belong in this world." :)

#12 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, I knew what he meant. I have a tendancy to mess with people who don't understand the meaning of a sentence.

Besides, this really is the greatest version - it's Symphony of the Night for the PSP! :)

#13 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

FYI, the Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP is $9.99 right now at newegg.com as well. Not sure if it's been this price for a while, but I had to pick it up.

#14 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

Anyone know when the new Castlevania Bloodlines remake for PSP will be out? It was announced at E3 but I haven't seen anything on it since then.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#15 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

this game is great. hard, especially this one bridge part which is like a death marathon.
i always thought the best one was the one for gameboy advance where you steal their souls and take their power. i cant recall the name but this game was the shit!

#16 tim44

tim44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

Thanks, ordered 1.
I have SOTN on LIVE, but always prefer portable CV.
GBA and DS have my favorite versions.

#17 Frankski

Frankski

Sir French Fry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

Thanks. I'm in for two, and also order Metal Slug Anthology and Mega Man Powered Up for ten bucks a piece. These guys have alot of 10 dollar PSP games with free shipping!

#18 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

this game is great. hard, especially this one bridge part which is like a death marathon.
i always thought the best one was the one for gameboy advance where you steal their souls and take their power. i cant recall the name but this game was the shit!

I think you're talking about Aria of Sorrow. I tried making it through that, but after putting a ton of hours into Dawn of Sorrow (prior to it), it seemed like a step backwards.

#19 jms5118

jms5118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

Just purchased one copy. i've been wanting this game for awhile, just never got around to picking it up.

#20 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

I think you're talking about Aria of Sorrow. I tried making it through that, but after putting a ton of hours into Dawn of Sorrow (prior to it), it seemed like a step backwards.

I've always found the game play the most enjoyable part about the Castlevania series. I'm sure the graphics on the DS are far superior to the GBA, but I loved the GBA Castlevania games. I do recall Circle of the Moon being more difficult than the other two.

Then again, I grew up playing the original NES Castlevania, so even the GBA versions were a step up graphically. I wonder how many hours of my childhood were spent trying to beat the Grim Reaper in the original one...

#21 EasyEducator

EasyEducator

The Easy Educator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

Grabbed one also. Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy.
Posted Image

#22 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Might have to pick this up a little later on, thanks OP ;)
Posted Image

#23 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

For those of you that don't know: this UMD also contains a full version of Symphony of the Night (PSOne), the best 2D Castlevania ever made.

Just a matter of opinion... I'd personally put Order of Ecclesia, Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow, Aria of Sorrow, and Circle of the Moon ahead of SotN.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#24 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Yeah I have to say that Aria of Sorrow is one of my favorites because of all the different soul abilities, gear, and different weapons. I got it when it first released but I could see what you are saying about Dawn of Sorrow if you missed Aria and played through Dawn first. I could see why some classic Castlevania fans do not like them as much b/c it takes away the classic whip/secondary weapon gameplay but I really enjoyed the change to multiple abilities, weapons and such.

Also, this game is on the PSN for $14.99 as its regular price. I have been getting all my older games on PSN to get rid of my UMDs, so $15 download isnt bad if you are looking for the digital version. Many games are way overpriced, but this one is pretty good at only $15.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#25 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

Also, this game is on the PSN for $14.99 as its regular price. I have been getting all my older games on PSN to get rid of my UMDs, so $15 download isnt bad if you are looking for the digital version. Many games are way overpriced, but this one is pretty good at only $15.

I received a PSPGo for Christmas and actually returned it in favor of a PSP 3000 simply b/c there's no good way to transfer UMD games to the Go (that I was able to find, at least). I already owned 50+ PSP games on UMD, so re-buying them at all higher prices and then not even receiving a physical copy of the games seemed ridiculous.

Besides, does the PSN Network let you permanently d/l games after you buy them? I wouldn't want to spend a few hundred dollars on downloads only to have something happen to the memory inside the Go and lose everything I bought.

#26 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

I received a PSPGo for Christmas and actually returned it in favor of a PSP 3000 simply b/c there's no good way to transfer UMD games to the Go (that I was able to find, at least). I already owned 50+ PSP games on UMD, so re-buying them at all higher prices and then not even receiving a physical copy of the games seemed ridiculous.

Besides, does the PSN Network let you permanently d/l games after you buy them? I wouldn't want to spend a few hundred dollars on downloads only to have something happen to the memory inside the Go and lose everything I bought.

yes it does, unlimited downloads on 5 different machines
Posted Image

#27 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

Yeah lol, you can download them as many times as you want and you can share with up to 5 total consoles. I wasn't suggesting others buy all their collection, but for me I only had about 15 games on PSP so it has not been much of an issue at all. My brother and I usually split the price and both download them...so that makes most games cheaper for us haha. I personally never really liked many of the PSP games and the fact that they were on UMDs probably contributed to it too...never liked some of the loading times (though they got faster with new models) and I hated trying to carry around extra games. I love the digital downloads, but the only drawbacks for me are some games are overpriced and others simply havent been added yet. I just wanted to point out that Castlevania is on PSN at an actual decently priced $15.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#28 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

Yeah lol, you can download them as many times as you want and you can share with up to 5 total consoles. I wasn't suggesting others buy all their collection, but for me I only had about 15 games on PSP so it has not been much of an issue at all. My brother and I usually split the price and both download them...so that makes most games cheaper for us haha. I personally never really liked many of the PSP games and the fact that they were on UMDs probably contributed to it too...never liked some of the loading times (though they got faster with new models) and I hated trying to carry around extra games. I love the digital downloads, but the only drawbacks for me are some games are overpriced and other simply havent been added yet. I just wanted to point out that Castlevania is on PSN at an actual decently priced $15.

It certainly sounds like the Go was the right choice for you (having so few UMDs), as I think the 3000 has worked out well for me.

In any case, I agree that this game is worth the $15 for the download, or $10 for the UMD.

#29 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Which version of SOTN would be the better one to play? The PSP one from this deal, or the XBL one?

I've never played it before. The last Castlevania game I played was Super Castlevania IV.

#30 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Which version of SOTN would be the better one to play? The PSP one from this deal, or the XBL one?

I've never played it before. The last Castlevania game I played was Super Castlevania IV.

If you have no interest in Rondo, the PS1 version.

If you don't care for audio fidelity and/or achievement whore, the XBLA version

If you have never played it, this version

I have completed all 3 and will forever stick with the PS1/Saturn versions but that's me. You can't go wrong
Posted Image