#1 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

Update:
Limited Edition is $25.60
Platinum Hits (w/DLC) $27.99

More of a warm deal than a hot deal, I just recently learned about the release of Fable II Plantium Hits on January 6th. The cheapest I can find for it is at Amazon, for $27.99 with FSSS.

The Platinum Hits version includes the "See the Future" and "Knothole Island" DLC expansion packs, which cost a total of 1360 pts on Xbox Live. Better yet, for those of you with limited hard drive space available, this DLC is included on the Platinum Hits disc itself, so you won't need to download the content from Xbox Live with a token.

Here's a review of the Platinum Hits version on IGN: http://xbox360.ign.c.../1060444p1.html

Overall, $28 isn't a great price, considering it retails for only $30, but this is one of the best games for the 360, and the bonus DLC content really makes this Platinum Hits version shine.

Edited by CheapyD, 16 January 2010 - 12:04 PM.
added LE

#2 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

So is the DLC only playable off of the disc or can you install it too, like Fallout 3?

#3 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

So is the DLC only playable off of the disc or can you install it too, like Fallout 3?

Don't know for sure, but I'd guess that it's only playable off the disc.

#4 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

According to IGN, you play everything off of the disc.

#5 linkmon

linkmon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

This will be a great deal when it hits $20, then I will buy it again.

"Tattaglia was a pimp.....He never could of out fought Santino.......

What I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

#6 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Just wish it included the halo armor and energy weapon. Can't find those anymore.

#7 ryanbw

ryanbw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

As a fairly new 360 owner I can't wait to play this game. I've been waiting for this edition to come out.
Posted Image

#8 Lord Darkstorn

Lord Darkstorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

I'm pretty sure the DLC is on disc. I have fond memories of the first Fable, but if I had a 360 this would be a day-one purchase.

#9 csidegamer

csidegamer

What problem w/ Dwarves?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

Damn. I just picked up Fable II for $7.50 at Target.

Guess even if I buy the DLC I'll still come out ahead, but it'd be nice to have it all in one package.
fs_overall.pngs2741431x15a.png

#10 I'mNotTrading

I'mNotTrading

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Wal Mart has the regular version for 20, but I'll have a 15 dollar gift card to them in bout two weeks so I'd be paying five out the door. Here's hopin

#11 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

The See the Future DLC was pretty lame(especially now that we all know what Fable 3 is) but Knothole Island was very good. They both have some decent content and fun achievements to hunt down.

#12 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Wal Mart has the regular version for 20, but I'll have a 15 dollar gift card to them in bout two weeks so I'd be paying five out the door. Here's hopin

Just use your gift card on the Platinum Hits version so you make sure you get the game+DLC for cheap instead of just the game. If you're hooked on the game like some people get once they start playing it, you'll definitely want to buy the DLC.
MLIFTgM.gif

#13 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

The description on the page does not mention anything about the DLC. Are you sure its included?
Posted Image

#14 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

The description on the page does not mention anything about the DLC. Are you sure its included?

The boxart says "Extra Content!"

edit:

http://www.gamestop....0778&affid=9797

Fable 2 with Download Content Platinum Hits

Posted Image

#15 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

The boxart says "Extra Content!"

edit:

http://www.gamestop....0778&affid=9797

Fable 2 with Download Content Platinum Hits

gamestop site only mentions Knothole Island but nothing about See the Future DLC
Posted Image

#16 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

qid=1263394876&sr=1-3[/URL]

this is one of the best games for the 360

:roll:

Fable II was/is the biggest disappointment of a game this generation. Think about the narrow pathways, secluded areas & the most idiotic "gesture" system I have ever seen.

Fable fails as an rpg, adventure game & so much more. Simply horrible game....

#17 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

gamestop site only mentions Knothole Island but nothing about See the Future DLC

http://community.lio...ad/3425290.aspx
Posted Image

#18 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

:roll:

Fable II was/is the biggest disappointment of a game this generation. Think about the narrow pathways, secluded areas & the most idiotic "gesture" system I have ever seen.

Everything about this post is wrong. All 7 billion people on Earth disagree with you.

#19 Firearmman

Firearmman

Member 226

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Been holding off on buying this game for a while but seeing the dlc added to the disk makes this a buy for me.

#20 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

I traded in my copy of the regular edition during the gamestop "get $20 for any game on the list" promo at the start of the month. I had not gotten any of the DLC so we'll be picking this up. The wife and I both love it.

#21 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

94 game critics disagree with you. 89/100 on Metacritic: http://www.metacriti...ble2?q=fable ii

#22 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

94 game critics disagree with you. 89/100 on Metacritic: http://www.metacriti...ble2?q=fable ii

I usually give more weight to the user ratings (6.2/10, 1867 votes). Having said that, I just picked up the original FII release at Target, so we'll see.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#23 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

Fable 2 was disappointing, bought it day 1 and it didn't live up to the Lost Chapters. The poster who just criticized it is right on the money. Who cares what the metacritic rating is ... These are the same people that allowed Transformers 2 to become a blockbuster.

Fable 2 was a step backward for the series ... with that said, I'm still oddly tempted to pick this up just to run around in that Master Chief outfit ... But not because it's a particularly great game. Does anyone know if they fixed the awful laggy menus and controls that were problematic when the game first came out?

#24 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

Personally, I thought it was ok. Fun, but not great.

It's going to lower in price. $29.99 is the MSRP for Greatest hits.

#25 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Fable 2 was disappointing, bought it day 1 and it didn't live up to the Lost Chapters. The poster who just criticized it is right on the money. Who cares what the metacritic rating is ... These are the same people that allowed Transformers 2 to become a blockbuster.

Hmmmm, Metacritic rating for Transformers 2 from critics is an abysmal 35/100, and the user score on the movie is 5.9/10. The people who paid to see the movie and made it a blockbuster are the "users."

I agree that critics can often get things wrong, but popular opinion is equally likely, if not more likely, to get things wrong.

#26 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

I'm holding out for $20 on this one
Posted Image

#27 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

In regards to Tf2 I was referring to the billions it made, even though it was terrible. In regards to Fable 2, I just don't understand the love that some folks have for the game. I think it's finally balancing out now, but I know whenit first came out I was in a minority that wasn't impressed. Frankly the game has a weaker plot, fewer boss battles, fewer developed characters and fewer enemies than the lost chapters.

I think my problem is that I bought TLC to psych myself up for two and then that actually turned out to be a better game. They added too much of the Sims to 2 and took out most of the story and actual RPG feel to make me give it a strong recommendation. Granted, at $20 it would still be worth picking up just to mess around with IMO.

#28 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

Definitely getting this. I was a moron and deleted my game data for Fable II in 2008 after I got all the retail achievements. Now I have to beat the game again to do the DLC =\
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

Walmart.com has Fable II Game of the Year Edition. It was released in Europe quite a while ago but apparently it's also being released in the US. Exact same content as the platinum hits version BUT it the art work isn't redish rather it's a green color and doesn't have that gray platinum hits box.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.justpushs...-north-america/

#30 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

I'm holding out for $20 on this one

My thoughts exactly.